Every key stroke must have been made

CPGB06

Ladies and Gentlemen,

It matters very little what we feel. The only person that matters now is Brentwood Academy and what they want to do and how far they want to go to collect their legal fees. Folks this battle is over and done with and Brentwood Academy is going to call the shots. I don't like it at all but we had all better get ready for big changes. The only good thing that will come out of this is that the student/athletes in Tennessee will be able to honestly be refered to as a STATE CHAMPION in the individual sports.

WHAT??? How do you see BA calling all the shots? Very simply they won a case that never should have been in court in the first place. The arrogant Mr. Carter thought he had so much power that he made a stupid mistake trying to prove it.

Why are we going to see "big changes " ? If you have read this thread you can see EVERYONE on both sides of the fence agree there needs to be changes. This wasn't because of the BA suit. For a reason I will never understand most public schools think every private school is cheating and that they do every thing they can to get any advantage. My child went to public school for 11 years and as a family WE decided to approach the school (private) about him going there. Yes he does play sports (which he didn't do his last 2 years in public) no I am not a rich silver spooned aristocrate. I am some one who wants to do every thing in my power to help my child and this is what we as a family thought best. One last note if ANY sports team from our school is fortunate to win a state championship we will celebrate them just as Forrest, Wilson Central, Union City, Hamilton... and every other TEAM that wins does. Don't have "private school peranoia" we are not looking to steal your children. :rolleyes:

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WHAT??? How do you see BA calling all the shots? Very simply they won a case that never should have been in court in the first place. The arrogant Mr. Carter thought he had so much power that he made a stupid mistake trying to prove it.

Why are we going to see "big changes " ? If you have read this thread you can see EVERYONE on both sides of the fence agree there needs to be changes. This wasn't because of the BA suit. For a reason I will never understand most public schools think every private school is cheating and that they do every thing they can to get any advantage. My child went to public school for 11 years and as a family WE decided to approach the school (private) about him going there. Yes he does play sports (which he didn't do his last 2 years in public) no I am not a rich silver spooned aristocrate. I am some one who wants to do every thing in my power to help my child and this is what we as a family thought best. One last note if ANY sports team from our school is fortunate to win a state championship we will celebrate them just as Forrest, Wilson Central, Union City, Hamilton... and every other TEAM that wins does. Don't have "private school peranoia" we are not looking to steal your children. :thumb:

If BA wins the case the TSSAA will try to get out of paying all of the legal fees for BA. BA will then probably back off on some of the legal fees for changes being made by the TSSAA and it's member schools. I have no inside information, this is just an educated guess on my part.

If BA wins the case the TSSAA will try to get out of paying all of the legal fees for BA. BA will then probably back off on some of the legal fees for changes being made by the TSSAA and it's member schools. I have no inside information, this is just an educated guess on my part.

it seems like the recent events confirm that (at least the legal fees part). I doubt they are any less convinced of their own original arguments today, but given that they are waiting until the last second to decide whether or not to appeal (see the most recent article posted by Coach T on the the other thread), they must be concerned about the costs of proceeding. If not, why not appeal? What do they have to lose at this point?

it seems like the recent events confirm that (at least the legal fees part). I doubt they are any less convinced of their own original arguments today, but given that they are waiting until the last second to decide whether or not to appeal (see the most recent article posted by Coach T on the the other thread), they must be concerned about the costs of proceeding. If not, why not appeal? What do they have to lose at this point?

You are correct!!!!! This could be a bottomless money pit for the TSSAA to continue on with the legal case. If I were the TSSAA I would probably try to cut my losses and get out without anymore debt.

What a crazy world we live in today.

You are correct!!!!! This could be a bottomless money pit for the TSSAA to continue on with the legal case. If I were the TSSAA I would probably try to cut my losses and get out without anymore debt.

What a crazy world we live in today.

CPG

I cannot believe you took part of my name! People that see your posts may think that it is me, and I am renowned!

I may have to get the TSSAA involved.

:thumb:

http://www.chattanoogan.com/articles/article_82849.asp

I thought all the top athletes at these private schools, at least the schools in Division I, had been enrolled well before 9th grade? That's the argument made here on these boards plenty of times.

How often has the argument been made that all top athletes have been at private schools before 9th grade?

Plenty of private school supporters have given examples of great athletes being at private schools before 9th grade, but I don't recall many (if any) statements regarding all private athletes starting their careers in private school.

With all due respect, Indian, that was a weak effort. If a private supporter were to post a link to this story (link) and make a reference to the Ohio transfer for Riverdale as a basis for all public schools recruiting, that person would be taken to task.

How often has the argument been made that all top athletes have been at private schools before 9th grade?

Plenty of private school supporters have given examples of great athletes being at private schools before 9th grade, but I don't recall many (if any) statements regarding all private athletes starting their careers in private school.

With all due respect, Indian, that was a weak effort. If a private supporter were to post a link to this story (link) and make a reference to the Ohio transfer for Riverdale as a basis for all public schools recruiting, that person would be taken to task.

"All" was tongue-in-cheek, should have put a smiley by it. There was no mention of recruiting, but it's a move to a private school evidently without a change of residence, plus it's from another state. It is funny how she only changed schools and crossed the border once it was clear she was (and is) an outstanding softball player, she could have been recruited just as easily in Ringgold (about 15 miles or so south of Chattanooga).

Edited by Indian

"All" was tongue-in-cheek, should have put a smiley by it. There was no mention of recruiting, but it's a move to a private school evidently without a change of residence, plus it's from another state. It is funny how she only changed schools and crossed the border once it was clear she was (and is) an outstanding softball player, she could have been recruited just as easily in Ringgold (about 15 miles or so south of Chattanooga).

Guess I don't get it Indian. So she transfered to BB so what ? Since her older sister was going to school at the college she wouldn't have had any problem getting there and her record helped. I mean she didn't move for more recognition Ringgold had already been state runner-up and after some checking big sister went all 4 years to Ringgold and BOTH of them got plenty attention to play at the next level. See all you guys who support public school AUTOMATICALLY ASSUME great athelete moves from public to private there is something going on... MAYBE here is a child who thought this was a good decision for her future...let's see would you rather have an education from Ringgold or Boyd ? Be careful what you answerit might show you something !!!

Edited by commander1

You know... let's just say for grins.... that great athletes want to transfer to private school. Why is that?

A question for those that say that private schools recruit. What is the motivation for a kid to go to a private school for athletics?

You say that:

Buildings are the same...

Studies are the same...

Coaches are the same..

Facilities are the same...

Great athletes at both public and private schools...

Tuition is NOT the same...

What is it that motivates kids to go to a private instead of a public school?

Edited by CPGB06