Bolivar at lipscomb

pain train

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anything can happen. Consider this: MLK beats White Creek, White Creek beats <a href='http://www.coacht.com/inside/team.cfm?SchoolID=37&SportID=3' target='_blank'>Brentwood Academy</a>, <a href='http://www.coacht.com/inside/team.cfm?SchoolID=37&SportID=3' target='_blank'>Brentwood Academy</a> beats Bolivar, Lipscomb beats MLK twice. :thumb:

I hear ya. Something to think about I know.

But, you know how it is...it's pretty unpredictable to start comparing different games/different opponents on differnt nights like that. But it's interesting anyway.

I just think Bolivar may have gotten an attitude adjustment by Liberty and are more than likely even that much more determined to win. But I'm definitely not saying it's a given!

Did they move the game for sure?

Yes, I am pretty sure that they have moved it to Allen Arena - which is not cool. DL would feel much more comfortable on their home court, but since TSSAA has to step in and screw things up (more tickets - more money ...), there goes some of DL's advantage. However, I am sure DL will be spending as much time on the floor in Allen Arena as they are able to between now and Monday night. Hopefully they will get used to it by then...

GO MUSTANGS

Yes, I am pretty sure that they have moved it to Allen Arena - which is not cool. DL would feel much more comfortable on their home court, but since TSSAA has to step in and screw things up (more tickets - more money ...), there goes some of DL's advantage. However, I am sure DL will be spending as much time on the floor in Allen Arena as they are able to between now and Monday night. Hopefully they will get used to it by then...

GO MUSTANGS

Can't agree about "Go Mustangs"...but we can agree that no matter what, it seems to be about the $$$!!! ;)

I cant believe they changed where the game will be played. I thought the reason they basicly played the last game was for home court advantage?Bolivar has huge suport with them everywhere and it would really help for DL to play at home.More comfortable, possibly more Dl fans, but add in money and there goes home court advantage.Not sure about fast/slow pace, but i expect to here B-TOWN TIGERS from here all the way to state.

I remember my Freshman year when we played DL in Sub-State, they moved the game to Allen Arena...its a very nice gym...lol, my favorite thing was the clock in the lockerroom that shows u how much time is on the scoreboard...I thought it was neat neway haha...but DL had a huge student section...will be a fun night for both teams...

I am familiar with most of the Nashville landmarks...so can any of you tell me what this is close to or which freeway/road it's off of? I'm going to try ro take the little ones.

Appreciate it! :thumb:

Lipscomb is off Granny White .. and you'll be less than 5 minutes from any type of food you want in Green Hills (from Wendy's to the Cheesecake Factory). Everyone better get there fairly early, one thing Lipscomb Univ. does lack is parking space since it's a fairly small campus (they have a parking garage but that will be full w/ LU students ... so you kind of have to be creative at times with your parking spots. Although I'm sure all of the high school parking will be taken up as well - just like those BA kids that came over and stole our Senior Parking Spots the other day ...

You know, I've tried to at least learn some things from your recent posts. But you really can't stand Bolivar can you??? I mean it shows so you might as well not deny it. And I'll tell you now that before you go and start saying how I always put sown Liberty or think BCHS is never wrong...maybe you should look at some of my posts.

I'm expecting some smart remark...but I just don't like it. Not b/c of our guys...they can (and will-especially the ones you enjoy knocking so much) handle their own business, but b/c of the reason that was discussed in another thread the other day....this "rivalry" was looking pretty good but is now going down the tubes b/c of a bunch of haters. Just for evidence of this thinking check out this:

http://www.jacksonsun.com/apps/pbcs.dll/ar.../603030307/1002

I know it's fan talk...but talk/thinking like this is what's going to ruin what can be a great rivalry. It's not the players...at least not the active players.

Why? I mean all I hear is how great and misunderstood the young men from Liberty are. OK. I'll give you that...

But why are you out to just have a double standard for the Tigers?

I also hope you do see what will happen Monday night! Bolivar at a disadvantage b/c of their playing on another court? Never played substate except at home? Do you even know anything much about where/when we've played except vs. Liberty? IF we do lose it won't be b/c of the court.

By the way...you've won 1 out of 4 by four points. A good game by the Crusaders as I've said. Liberty made a major step wwith a Regional Championship...so well deserved kudos.

But judging by the way your posts read...do you think DL is better than Liberty?

One game at a time...but here is one BCHS fan who REALLY wants to see Liberty vs. BCHS in the AA Finals. Win or lose.

So...I'm done. Have at it.

Firefulmer,

When the state tournament is over, the first thing I will do is congratulate the winners in A, AA, and AAA. Then I will list the accomplishments and opportunities of Bolivar's senior class. I have been working on it and it is pretty impressive.

Lipscomb is off Granny White .. and you'll be less than 5 minutes from any type of food you want in Green Hills (from Wendy's to the Cheesecake Factory). Everyone better get there fairly early, one thing Lipscomb Univ. does lack is parking space since it's a fairly small campus (they have a parking garage but that will be full w/ LU students ... so you kind of have to be creative at times with your parking spots. Although I'm sure all of the high school parking will be taken up as well - just like those BA kids that came over and stole our Senior Parking Spots the other day ...

I really appreciate that.

I guess with the little ones I'll be eating fast food for sure!

But Thanks.

If I can ever return the favor, let me know!

Firefulmer,

When the state tournament is over, the first thing I will do is congratulate the winners in A, AA, and AAA. Then I will list the accomplishments and opportunities of Bolivar's senior class. I have been working on it and it is pretty impressive.

truhoopsfan,

Man, I guess I did get a little overheated on that post...but for about 2-3 weeks it seems as though that one particular person has pretty much said our (BCHS) guys are just overrated flops. (And criticism is fine-can't all agree-but BCHS can't be that sorry of a team!) If so, they sure have come a long way. But I guess that's b/c they've paid people off or something since there's no way it could be hard work and ability. :thumb: They're not perfect, no, but they've won a lot of games. And we should support teams in our District/Region.

I know opinions are a dime a dozen, but if an athlete plays by the rules, it seems to me that we all should wish that young person well instead of trying to knock them back. I dunno. Just how I feel.

And I've seen several Liberty fans who had good things to say about Bolivar and vice versa...so I'm not lumping everyone together by any means.

Edited by firefulmer