Cumberland - Shelbyville / Riverdale - Cleveland?

dwl

Hoping to get some insight into Shelbyville & Riverdale to see how 5AAA matches up.

CCHS is a guard-dominated team. Can be deadly from 3 point land, but have struggled lately. Has trouble with physical inside-oriented teams. Not a good rebounding team. Plays great pressure D in spurts. Has shown an uncanny ability to get behind early (as much as 15-17 a game or two), and yet be in at the end.

Cleveland (just from what I saw last night) A great inside game, and the guards know how to get the posts the ball in scoring position. Rebounds very well, even on the offensive end. Guards are cat-quick, and look to penetrate. I saw one good outside shooter last night. They may have more, but if so, they didn't attempt any bombs last night.

5AAA folks, have I missed anything? Oh yeah, congrats to Cleveland on the W last night, and good luck the rest of the way!

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hoping to get some insight into Shelbyville & Riverdale to see how 5AAA matches up.

CCHS is a guard-dominated team. Can be deadly from 3 point land, but have struggled lately. Has trouble with physical inside-oriented teams. Not a good rebounding team. Plays great pressure D in spurts. Has shown an uncanny ability to get behind early (as much as 15-17 a game or two), and yet be in at the end.

Cleveland (just from what I saw last night) A great inside game, and the guards know how to get the posts the ball in scoring position. Rebounds very well, even on the offensive end. Guards are cat-quick, and look to penetrate. I saw one good outside shooter last night. They may have more, but if so, they didn't attempt any bombs last night.

5AAA folks, have I missed anything? Oh yeah, congrats to Cleveland on the W last night, and good luck the rest of the way!

I think Cleveland and CCHS are the better teams. Cleveland has the guard play but their post game is weak. Shelbyvilles guard play is suspect but have a strong post game. They need to control tempo to win. Riverdale is good!! Had a bad shooting night against Shelbyville. They are quick and have good guard play just don't think they can win at Cleveland.

I think Cleveland and CCHS are the better teams. Cleveland has the guard play but their post game is weak. Shelbyvilles guard play is suspect but have a strong post game. They need to control tempo to win. Riverdale is good!! Had a bad shooting night against Shelbyville. They are quick and have good guard play just don't think they can win at Cleveland.

Someone please give me a good brekdown on some of the players from Cumberland Co. I havent seen them since Shelbyville played them in the substate a couple of years ago. They are usually a very post oriented team, but this year I hear the have alot of great shooters.

Someone please give me a good brekdown on some of the players from Cumberland Co. I havent seen them since Shelbyville played them in the substate a couple of years ago. They are usually a very post oriented team, but this year I hear the have alot of great shooters.

NOT post oriented this year. You have to stop their guards{Foster and Young} to win. Their 2 guards are the best I've seen this year. They can hit the three AND penetrate to score.

whats their record and who beat them this year?

They are 30-5. Cleveland beat them 3 times{close games}, Jackson Co. beat them, and a team from KY beat them. I'll pick them to win AT Shelbyville. If you go to the home page here on coachT and click on schedules you will see they are #1 in strength and #1 in strength of schedule in the entire state.

Edited by 85warrior

Cumberland Cty has one true post player. Two other girls guard the post, but prefer facing the basket on offense. Any of these three can also make threes. Only two of these start.

They have a very good point guard. Great ball handler, penetrator, and can finish or dish.

The strength, as has been mentioned, is the 2-guard slot. There are no less than four or five girls who rotate in to those two spots. At times, there may be 3 or even 4 of them on the floor at the same time. If they get in rhythm, they can put on a shooting clinic.

As I mentioned earlier, they play great pressure D in spurts. I personally feel they should press more, but hey, it's worked pretty well so far.

Now somebody tell us what to expect from Shelbyville, please!