Cumberland - Shelbyville / Riverdale - Cleveland?

dwl

Cumberland Cty has one true post player. Two other girls guard the post, but prefer facing the basket on offense. Any of these three can also make threes. Only two of these start.

They have a very good point guard. Great ball handler, penetrator, and can finish or dish.

The strength, as has been mentioned, is the 2-guard slot. There are no less than four or five girls who rotate in to those two spots. At times, there may be 3 or even 4 of them on the floor at the same time. If they get in rhythm, they can put on a shooting clinic.

As I mentioned earlier, they play great pressure D in spurts. I personally feel they should press more, but hey, it's worked pretty well so far.

Now somebody tell us what to expect from Shelbyville, please!

They play great defense!!!!!! And they will be very well prepared. All of the coaches in that program are very successful at getting the Eaglettes ready for this time of year. They always peak at the right time. Saturday should be a great contest !!!!

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For SCHS can you say POST UP! Additionally an in your face defense offers probelms for those who have not experienced it. That's what CCHS will get a steady diet of....... if CCHS is off shooting wise it might be a long night.

For RHS they have a great shooter and a pretty good point. They love to get physical and are play defense with VIGOR! All-around they are a very balanced team.

Good luck to all this weekend! Let's PLAY BALL! :lol:

Cleveland's post aren't weak,

I think the poster meant to say Cumb. Cty.

Congrats on the W last night. I'm still trying to figure out how we were in position to have the game-winning shot. Cleveland has a way of making CCHS play ugly.

It seems the fans of the other two teams have muzzles on. Must be afraid of giving away weaknesses. I would have thought that maybe some rivals could give some insight, though.

Congrats on the W last night. I'm still trying to figure out how we were in position to have the game-winning shot. Cleveland has a way of making CCHS play ugly.

It seems the fans of the other two teams have muzzles on. Must be afraid of giving away weaknesses. I would have thought that maybe some rivals could give some insight, though.

Thanks! You guys play tough, yall have a way of fighting back when down by double digits, and you guys scare me with those 3's. Go Cumberland, Go Cleveland, lets have 2 distict 5-AAA teams in the 'boro!!

Edited by clevelandblueraiderfan

Wow!!! Insight is almost nonexistant. These teams beat each other up so much and the games were so intense that we are unsure the teams will have the strength to get there. Both of these teams are too small to play the teams in AAA5. They don't play smart and their players need to hone up on their shooting skills. But they'll be there. They are definitely not as fast a CC but they may not need to be. As far as Cleveland is concerned, if they don't play defense, it may be a long night for Riverdale. Two excellently coached teams are coming out of AAA4 and they are very predictable. These games will be decided by execution, nothing else.

Well...The Cleveland-Riverdale match up could be interesting. I was looking at their schedules. I realize that schedules don't mean a hill of beans in tournaments, but it a pretty good indicator of what "should" happen.

The lady Raiders and Riverdale played 2 common opponents.

Cleveland beat White County at Sparta 71-33. Riverdale took 3 out of 4 from White County but lost to them in Sparta 62-50. Riverdale beat White County the other 3 times by the scores of 64-48 (at Riverdale), 52-45 (District), and 45-32(Region).

The only other common opponent is Franklin County. Riverdale beat Franklin County twice (60-54 and 67-65). The Lady Raiders beat the Rebelettes at Cleveland 64-26.

On paper...one would have to give the edge to Cleveland (especially playing at home), but that's why we tip'em off.

Good luck to both teams!

The BackyardLegend

Well...The Cleveland-Riverdale match up could be interesting. I was looking at their schedules. I realize that schedules don't mean a hill of beans in tournaments, but it a pretty good indicator of what "should" happen.

The lady Raiders and Riverdale played 2 common opponents.

Cleveland beat White County at Sparta 71-33. Riverdale took 3 out of 4 from White County but lost to them in Sparta 62-50. Riverdale beat White County the other 3 times by the scores of 64-48 (at Riverdale), 52-45 (District), and 45-32(Region).

The only other common opponent is Franklin County. Riverdale beat Franklin County twice (60-54 and 67-65). The Lady Raiders beat the Rebelettes at Cleveland 64-26.

On paper...one would have to give the edge to Cleveland (especially playing at home), but that's why we tip'em off.

Good luck to both teams!

The BackyardLegend

You are doing it right except for one thing. The Riverdale team had so many injuries to so many players and for that matter Shelbyville did to that I thought the Regional Finals would be called the Blue Cross/Blue Shield Game. Riverdale had, I think as many as 4 starters missing some games. It is amazing how Coach Burt kept this team together. They now are missing one player which has just had surgery. The thing this did was strengthen their team as they have a good bench. As long as AML is healthy, this will be a good game unless she wears down which could be the case. Riverdale is a good shooting team and if they are playing on all cylinders it will take quite a few points to beat them.

I am very proud of the season my Lady Warriors have had even if they lose on Saturday. We are young but we have a lot of fight and strong work ethic and i hope that one day we will achieve the goals that are set forth each year at the beginning of the year. If we play ball like we have been the past few weeks then i would say that we have a good chance of winning however having said that keep in mind the last few weeks our 3 guards have been shooting LIGHT OUT they didnt miss a shot very often (did not see shelbyville game i am stuck at home til mon with the flu and bronchitis) and we play good enough defense that it should be enough to win however if they get cold our inside game isnt strong enough to win it alone it can be a big contributor if the outside game is working but we cant just pound it in there possesion after possesion.

Our team has been through a lot with all the injuries and a previous poster was correct at one time 4 starters were on the bench with injuries we have 3 of those 4 back now but during that time those girls were out the team stepped up and picked each other up nicely not only winning the district regular season but also the tournament

CONGRATS WARRIORS AND GOOD LUCK ON SATURDAY!!!!!!

I am very proud of the season my Lady Warriors have had even if they lose on Saturday. We are young but we have a lot of fight and strong work ethic and i hope that one day we will achieve the goals that are set forth each year at the beginning of the year. If we play ball like we have been the past few weeks then i would say that we have a good chance of winning however having said that keep in mind the last few weeks our 3 guards have been shooting LIGHT OUT they didnt miss a shot very often (did not see shelbyville game i am stuck at home til mon with the flu and bronchitis) and we play good enough defense that it should be enough to win however if they get cold our inside game isnt strong enough to win it alone it can be a big contributor if the outside game is working but we cant just pound it in there possesion after possesion.

Our team has been through a lot with all the injuries and a previous poster was correct at one time 4 starters were on the bench with injuries we have 3 of those 4 back now but during that time those girls were out the team stepped up and picked each other up nicely not only winning the district regular season but also the tournament

CONGRATS WARRIORS AND GOOD LUCK ON SATURDAY!!!!!!

Slight Correction- Tieing the district regular season.

Don't know much about Cumberland though they have been very sucessful this year. One mentioned earlier that they were more guard oriented with one post.

My opinion is that Shelbyville is much too strong with it's AJ/JA combination inside to be bullied around inside. JA's presence and determination is stronger than anyone is giving credit. The Buchanan girl, also a post, cannot be overlooked. She provides muscle with excellent shooting ability. The guards are good and can get the job done even though they are not as strong as Shelbyville has had in the past. I have seen nights where the guards were on fire and destroyed teams guarding the inside.

Even if a good game plan is worked, the bench is so strong that they eventually wear you down. A strong defense and a rentless in your face press at times causes turnovers that even strong teams have a hard time dealing with. Most of the nights they manage to get this done without many fouls.

Don't rule out the coaching. Shelbyville is loaded with coaching talent and this could be the difference. I have not seen any of their coaches panic and become distracted during the game. They are always in control and steady at the helm. This means alot to the girls on any team and also Shelbyville. Yes, they work the refs like a surgeon knowing when to pursue an issue and knowing when to cease.

Shelbyville can be beaten as has been proven in their district. I think Shelbyville is peaking at the right time and this can cause probems for the teams they will play in the future.

If they stay focused-potential state champion

For SCHS can you say POST UP! Additionally an in your face defense offers probelms for those who have not experienced it. That's what CCHS will get a steady diet of....... if CCHS is off shooting wise it might be a long night.

For RHS they have a great shooter and a pretty good point. They love to get physical and are play defense with VIGOR! All-around they are a very balanced team.

Good luck to all this weekend! Let's PLAY BALL! :thumb:

Cumberland and Shelbyville si an interesting matchup. Shelbyville's strength is in the paint. Their weakness is shooting and ball handling. Cumberland's strengths are shooting and their guards. If Cumberland presses, it could be trouble.