Greeneville Devils take on Powell Panthers

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Smith had a monster jam, then Conner had two more. Is that right ? Oak Ridge was pitiful that game.

Does Greeneville have a couple of backup goals for when these Panthers come up there and give it one of the Shaq-a-bust-a-glass jammers ? Isn't the game in an elementary school ? How many people does it hold ? Will the Panther throng need to camp out to get in ?

We'll find out who the better team is tomorrow night. I think that Powell playing in the most competitive district in the Eastern half of the state will stand them well tomorrow. Wiggins is a nice player, but I wonder if he has enough "a$$" to handle Smith. Somehow I doubt it, but like I said we'll find out tomorrow night.

That is Wiggins' only weakness. He needs to add about 25 or so lbs. But, he did handle Wattad nicely when they were 1 on 1. Wiggins has a strong inside game but he hits about 40-45 % of his shots from 3 point land - so he can play anywhere on the floor.

Does Greeneville have a couple of backup goals for when these Panthers come up there and give it one of the Shaq-a-bust-a-glass jammers ? Isn't the game in an elementary school ? How many people does it hold ? Will the Panther throng need to camp out to get in ?

Yes, the gym is at an elementary school but it is a decent gym. It holds close to 3000 or so.

I think you will be quite impressed with the Greeneville facility. It is larger and nicer than the gym at Farragut where I recently watched the Greeneville girls earn their trip to States.

Edited by lilpoofer22

Trust me if it can handle the dunks that Antwaine Wiggins puts on it, it can handle anything that any of your powell players can attempt. Wiggins is the sickist jumper in east tennessee, as you will soon find out.

Antoine Wiggins (Jr., 6'7"). I believe he was coming off of knee surgery at that time. He is simply the best hs basketball player in East Tennessee. Of course, this is my opinion. Over the last 15 games or so he is averaging 20+ pts, 10 or so rebounds, 4 or 5 steals and 3 or 4 blocks a game. Ask DB, Science Hill, Red Bank, etc., who Wiggins is - they know.

November basketball games don't really mean that much, do they. Finally, is Wiggins the D1 basketball player you are referring to ?

I agree that he is the best player in East Tennessee, i've seen him play many times this season and he's stepped his game up even more since the tournament has started. I can't wait to see the look on Powell's fans when Wiggins dunks on them tomorrow night! good luck to the Devils!

Powell[/url]Fan' post='825975674' date='Mar 5 2006 - 11:36 PM']

Maybe powell will play mcgaha on him and we will see if he can dunk on a 6 7 and a 6 6 guy, i cant wait to see him dunk on those 2

If your coach is dumb enough to put mcgaha on wiggins then you will see it. And if he does do it, then you can kiss any chance at state goodbye because wiggins will drop fifty. In the open court you will get murdered.

Edited by h0oP$-fAn