• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(14-18) Cloudland Highlanders 5 12 6 17 40

(27-9) Union City Tornadoes 20 26 15 16 77

X.Robinson 17 pts

M.Weddle 13 pts

M.J. Brown 11 pts

T.Mosely 10 pts

This win is what it is.....Union City dominated an obviously over-matched team...

Now it's on to the business at hand...It will be tougher teams with better athletes...Union City may have the advantage with this win,especially with Wayne Co. because they practically had a warm-up game with Cloudland...Union City will have to put the win in perspective and go out and attack Wayne Co and make them play Tornado basketball....

Good Luck to Humboldt tonight vs Cosby....

Basically,I hope nobody from Union City does alot of trash talking because the Tornadoes didn't really do anything today...Beating Cloudland is like being 18 yrs old and beating your 8 yr old brother in basketball....What have you accomplished??...Nothing really....Cloudland with all due respect wouldn't have finished but about 7th in District 14A....It really doesn't show much for far East Tn basketball for this to be your representative...I said early on if Union City took care of their business,they would beat this team like they did Bradford,Gleason,Greenfield and even winless South Fulton and they did that.....

Good Luck to the Tornadoes on Friday morning against Wayne County..Congrats to Wayne County on their win....

I seem to remember a poster saying that Clay County was going to win the game with Wayne County....I guess the Wildcats had other ideas.....

Yeah,and he only took 8 shots....They didn't even need him today...Wait till he has to score points...

stong statement, exactly how many minutes did Weddle play in this game. i believe he went out with 3 minutes left in the 1 quarter. went out with 4 left in the second. dont rememer much about the third quarter and did he appear in the fourth. congrats to UC. how many times does nearly a whole team's roster get to pay in the state tournament?

stong statement, exactly how many minutes did Weddle play in this game. i believe he went out with 3 minutes left in the 1 quarter. went out with 4 left in the second. dont rememer much about the third quarter and did he appear in the fourth. congrats to UC. how many times does nearly a whole team's roster get to pay in the state tournament?

Weddle played according to TSSSAA stats 17 minutes with the other 4 starters playing 17, 13, 17, 18 minutes. Pretty impressive to get 77 points when all starters played less than 2/3 of game . With Humboldt's win, it looks like Humboldt and UC meeting for 5th time this year in finals. UC knowns how to have several players get points when needed. OC Rebel fan saying go UC :thumb:

OC I agree that people really need to get over the fact that Union City is now a 1A team. Why is it so difficult for people to understand that the TSSAA classifies schools according to enrollment. Union City did not tell the TSSAA that they were going down to 1A, it was the TSSAA that told them that they were going down to 1A. A school can choose to play in a higher classification no matter their enrollment but they CANNOT drop down in class unless their enrollment warrants it......CASE CLOSED. Union City is a big 1A school but 1A nonetheless. I cheered for Union City against Middleton unabashedly, but against anyone else it is difficult for me to do. I cannot put my finger on anything specific as to why that is that's just the way it is. One reason I should be able to cheer for UC past and present is because of the Lake County Blood that has played for and is currently playing for the Tornadoes. Back in the 90's there was Rodney Bonds who was born in Lake County and his mother and father were born and raised in Lake County. And currently there is the Xman Robinson whose mother was also born and raised in Lake County. So there is a Lake County connection on most if not all of the Tornado state tournament runs. I haven't seen anybody talk about that on here but those are the facts. I will end with this......UC and the 'Boldt that floats REPRESENT DISTRICT 14A..The best 8 are not at State...Cloudland?....Top 8?....I DON'T THINK SO...LC...THE BEST TEAM NOT THERE.

Ok first of all cloudland got to state by beating the teams that had beaten them all season during the tournaments! These boys have more heart and will than any team more desire than anyone will ever know. After their start during the regular season they could have laid down and gave up, but they didn't. They had the mental toughness to pull through and beat teams that had already beat them. I was at the game wednesday and uc is one heck of a ball club I have even seen humboldt team and these two teams in west are clearly no competition for the east. Marquis is no less than amazing and I have never seen a press that quick and fluent in my life. Uc has some great talent and something to look forward to in MJ as a sophomore. But everyone needs to quit bashing the landers and let it go. Did we come out ready to play? NO but we got their! Where is Hampton, UH, and Unaka this week? AT HOME! None of those three teams could have competed with uc any better than the landers! So did the right representavive go absolutely! Those teams in our region or conference have absolutely nothing that we don't have. Are we an under .500 team, yes and that makes it just that much more satisfying bc we made it to state with that record. We are so proud of those boys and everyone here in Rn. Mtn. sure would appreciate everyone quit bashing us for what we have accomplished!!! This trip was also the first appearance back to state for basketball in 40 yrs so I guess you could say it was a little overwhelming! GO LANDERS & GOOD LUCK TO MARQUIS ON MR.BBALL AND UC!!!