Who to look out for next year in AA

wildcat324

IMO Livingston Academy will be the team to beat next year. They only lose 2 seniors, so they will not be hurt very much by the void left. Anyone agree?

Livingston should be good with Stephens and Matthews returning.

I also think McMinn Central will be tough again provided they can get some offensive improvement from McCaslin (who must replace Morgan) in the post. They had eight freshmen on their varsity squad this year, and Fallon Lee (Ga Southern signee from a couple of years ago) has a little sister that will be on campus next year. A lot of people think Madison is better, but I haven't seen her play in over a year so I can't say.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People should look out for McNairy Central. They are returning everyone except for one senior, but she was just a role player. They get their leading scorer Crayton back from her ACL injury I think she was averaging around 21 points a game when she got injured and McNairy still made it to substate so they will be a team to reckon with. And before Crayton was injured they were undefeated and ranked #2 in the state. Crayton along with Wright, Boehler, and Cole is an awesome foursome.

Go Bobcats in 06-07!!!!!

Booker T. Washington Lady Warriors from Memphis,TN.

Played 8 freshmen this year and made it to the sectional before a total melt down. Returning Valencia Tucker as a senior after averaging 19 points (1400 in 3yrs) 11 rebounds(766 in 3yrs), and 5 assist per game this year. Latrice Bayman the top assist person in Metro Memphis this year, second in steals, two 6'1 Freshman in Jessica Brown and Diara Hester, and 5'9 freshman Monique Ingram. Watch out for this team next year they are loaded and the experiance of playing in the sectionals two out of the last three years will help Coach Hunter get his team ready for the road next year. MARK MY WORDS BTW WILL BE IN THE CHAMPIONSHIPS NEXT YEAR. :lol::lol:

People should look out for McNairy Central. They are returning everyone except for one senior, but she was just a role player. They get their leading scorer Crayton back from her ACL injury I think she was averaging around 21 points a game when she got injured and McNairy still made it to substate so they will be a team to reckon with. And before Crayton was injured they were undefeated and ranked #2 in the state. Crayton along with Wright, Boehler, and Cole is an awesome foursome.

Go Bobcats in 06-07!!!!!

Well what about the team that won this region Harpeth. They lose 2 seniors in Ensminger (the lefty) and Mitchell the post but we still have Mendenhall who killed in the region and Richardson (#1) who can shoot lights out, we also have #14 flippo who will be a big threat next year. It will be a great year of basketball next year. Mendenhall is who I expect to be a candidate for Miss Basketball, but if Mcnairy only loses one then they will be good as well. :rolleyes:

It can be any team. The way AA is in Tenn. I think the floor is opend, lots ofn great players to make a differance next year in all districts. Thanks girs for a great year on the rollercoaster of AA.

I have to agree. The way women athletics is growing (and growing) any team is capable of a win and/or upset. Looking forward to the future of womens sports.

Obion Central only lost two seniors and lots of underclassmen saw significant playing time in some big games.Plus they have a tremendous freshman class coming in.I think they will be one of the top team's in the West and the entire state for several years to come.

A relatively young club this season who return a lot of weapons for next year.

This club played well in the post season advancing to the sub-state before losing in overtime to the State Runner-up in Northside and then losing to state champion Hillcrest in sub-state by five. Nothing to be ashamed of for 05-06 :huh:

The 06-07 team will have tons of potential and talent but again that won't get ya anywhere.. You still have to go out and put in the work if you want to get back to the BORO!!

Rev it UP Lady REBS !! :huh:

Well what about the team that won this region Harpeth. They lose 2 seniors in Ensminger (the lefty) and Mitchell the post but we still have Mendenhall who killed in the region and Richardson (#1) who can shoot lights out, we also have #14 flippo who will be a big threat next year. It will be a great year of basketball next year. Mendenhall is who I expect to be a candidate for Miss Basketball, but if Mcnairy only loses one then they will be good as well. :huh:

Harpeth and McNairy will certainly be two teams that will be in the mix next year. You all did not see the McNairy team at full force with Crayton though. They were a totally different team with her in the game. She brought defense, ball handling, leadership, and not to mention scoring. She should be up for Miss Basketball also. I know this is a woulda shoulda coulda statement, but I think the outcome would have been different in the region finals if she would have been playing and in the state tournament this year. But injuries happen and it isn't something you can dwell on.