Who to look out for next year in AA

wildcat324

McMinn Central will continue to rise during the next couple of years. Losing two senior starters and one reserve will hurt, but 7 freshmen that have already experienced the big floor at Murfreesboro, they have experienced tight contests in district, region, and substate games, and know they will pull through, they will continue to improve. The eighth grade group coming up will also strengthen and push some of this year's freshmen for playing time. I am proud of all of these girls and look forward to several years of blue and white in head to head competion with Livingston, York, McNairy, and others.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

watch out for Lipscomb, with the lose of only one senior they will be in it for the long haul. unfortunatly, sara eatherly tore her ACL in the last game of their season. hopefully she will come back even stronger!

I agree! DL should really be a contender next year. They have a strong group of young girls from the middle school moving up as well. Next years, juniors and seniors will be excellent.

I don't see how you can say that when they didn't win it this year with those two seniors, the Lady Bees from Upperman who by the way were regular season champs, did not lose a single player and will be adding a really strong outside shooter/ballhandler as well as a six feet three inch center. I would think that the defending champs who again returns everyone would be the favorite!

Is the jr. high program in Livingston really that strong? What players will contribute on the high school team next year thats going to make them so strong? I think Livingston will be strong and could challenge Upperman but as far as being the team to beat????????????????? NO WAY!

I agree Upperman has to be the favorite, with LA being a close second. The rest of the district will be way down, with maybe Macon Co. taking the 3rd spot? What does everyone else think?

Ok i have to agree with wildcat324 La will be a tough team to beat next year only losing 2....AE has a right to brag because of what they have done this year so congrats but it may be like AE and LA in football one talks and the other plays when its crunch time....in my opinion though i hope LA wins the region and McMinn Central (better put the central in there because they get up tight) loses so they can come to LA because from what i hear they were rude i wasnt at that game but if they come to LA i will be....my pick....LA those 3 guards are just too good

Obion Central only lost two seniors and lots of underclassmen saw significant playing time in some big games.Plus they have a tremendous freshman class coming in.I think they will be one of the top team's in the West and the entire state for several years to come.

I agree. OC should be as strong or stronger than last year. They should be in the thick of things and make it to state. OC played top 2 AA teams in state during tournament play this year better than any other team in state tournament losing to JNS in Regionals and to Hillcrest in sub-state.