Tyler Maples is a Vol

ckyfan

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations to Tyler Maples. Tyler is a great player. Maryville would have never won the state title without Maples. Maples is a home run threat. Maples is 6'2 180lbs and runs a 4.47. Maples is a good defensive back,receiver and kick returner. He scored 25 touchdowns receiving,interceptions and returns.

maples is only a jr. so yes he will play all 4 years there. i read the article in the sentinel. please tell me hes not gonna limit hisself to the vols already? more schools are bound to come look at him and its important he goes and visits them all. there might be one he likes better, and feels he belongs there. after going to tn tech to visit i commited thinking it was awesome, and i tried to talk my dad outta visiting gardner webb. but he made me go and i loved it there. so i really hope tyler takes advantage of the 5 official visits hes allowed.

maples is only a jr. so yes he will play all 4 years there. i read the article in the sentinel. please tell me hes not gonna limit hisself to the vols already? more schools are bound to come look at him and its important he goes and visits them all. there might be one he likes better, and feels he belongs there. after going to tn tech to visit i commited thinking it was awesome, and i tried to talk my dad outta visiting gardner webb. but he made me go and i loved it there. so i really hope tyler takes advantage of the 5 official visits hes allowed.

He is all Vol my friend.

Im not originally from around here but a hometown kid growing up dreams of playing for Tennessee(just maybe not last year, ha). Congrats to Maples

Congratulations to Tyler Maples. Tyler is a great player. Maryville would have never won the state title without Maples. Maples is a home run threat. Maples is 6'2 180lbs and runs a 4.47. Maples is a good defensive back,receiver and kick returner. He scored 25 touchdowns receiving,interceptions and returns.

Congratz, it is great for Tyler and better for the VOl's....But I don't agree 100% with the Reb's would not have won a state title without him comment, he's a great player but had lots of help with some of the best down field blocking I've ever seen for MHS last season, to get to where he is. He also had a great deal more opportunities than did others. NOT TAKING AWAY ANYTHING FROM TYLER, he is a great HS player, play maker no question. Best local get for the VOl's in years, barr none.

My big question is where does everyone think Tyler is projected position wise?

FBEmeritus

Maples stretched the field so no one could gang up on the running game that Maryville had. The other Maryville receivers like Matt Niethammer and Steven Shiver saw single man coverage because of Maples. Maples was a difference maker at receiver,defensive back and return man.

I think Maples will be a receiver in college. But! I also think he could be a free safety.

I can't wait until fall to see the Tyler and Tyler show. Tyler Maples is a great player but the other Tyler will be a big help at receiver. Tyler Clendenen will team up with Maples to give opposing secondaries nightmares. Maples is 6'2 180 and runs a 4.45. Clendenen is 5'10 175lbs and runs around a 4.55-4.6

Let's hope Tyler doesn't pull a Lee Smith this year. Knowing Tyler's character I would be surprised if that happen. Lee Smith was virtually non-existent last year after he commited early.

Maryville's receiver corp will be loaded this year. With two experienced QB's returning and a strong start to another outstanding O-line expect the scoreboard to work OT when the Red Rebels are on the field.

Edited by MLREB