Top 4 in AA

1Coach_B

Could I get a scouting report on them???

I know it's not what you're looking for, and maybe someone w/ better knowledge will help you out, but one thing's for sure...

whoever wins that matchup...there next opponent better bring EVERYTHING they've got. No joke. Neither one is overrated in my opnion. They've both beaten Bolivar this year, for what it's worth.

But I'm sure you knew that.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could I get a scouting report on them???

I'm no Liberty expert or an expert on anything for that matter, but I have seem them play quite a few times. They are very athletic and play an very very aggressive style of basketball. They attack non stop on both ends of the court. They have some size, I don't know all the names but I think the line up is like this.

1. J. Long I think his about 6'2 and he's has real good game on both ends

2. A Long 6'1 and he's a great player also on both ends and will battle inside

3. Jones 6'6 very athletic great inside guy great shoot blocker

4. Sampson 5'3 ridiculous quickness and ball handling skills

5. Brandon Evans I'm sure you guys know about him

6. Sain 6'6 can shoot the outside jumper and plays hard inside

I don't know the other names, but they have a back up PG that's not as quick as Sampson but very good. 3 more guys that knock down 3's all day 1 is no.5. I know its more guys than that for Liberty that get legit playing time. I've seen them put so many different lineups out there that its hard to get all the names. But they play about 8 or 9 deep and press press press.

I know it's not what you're looking for, and maybe someone w/ better knowledge will help you out, but one thing's for sure...

whoever wins that matchup...there next opponent better bring EVERYTHING they've got. No joke. Neither one is overrated in my opnion. They've both beaten Bolivar this year, for what it's worth.

But I'm sure you knew that.

I'm no Liberty expert or an expert on anything for that matter, but I have seem them play quite a few times. They are very athletic and play an very very aggressive style of basketball. They attack non stop on both ends of the court. They have some size, I don't know all the names but I think the line up is like this.

1. J. Long I think his about 6'2 and he's has real good game on both ends

2. A Long 6'1 and he's a great player also on both ends and will battle inside

3. Jones 6'6 very athletic great inside guy great shoot blocker

4. Sampson 5'3 ridiculous quickness and ball handling skills

5. Brandon Evans I'm sure you guys know about him

6. Sain 6'6 can shoot the outside jumper and plays hard inside

I don't know the other names, but they have a back up PG that's not as quick as Sampson but very good. 3 more guys that knock down 3's all day 1 is no.5. I know its more guys than that for Liberty that get legit playing time. I've seen them put so many different lineups out there that its hard to get all the names. But they play about 8 or 9 deep and press press press.

I really appreciate all your help...I'm trying to find out if my boys (McMinn Central) will be able to beat either one of those, which I think they can if they play at the top of their game...I heard Liberty is without Josh Irvin for the rest of the year for cheap shotting Chism in the District Championship and for quote unquote legal troubles...

I really appreciate all your help...I'm trying to find out if my boys (McMinn Central) will be able to beat either one of those, which I think they can if they play at the top of their game...I heard Liberty is without Josh Irvin for the rest of the year for cheap shotting Chism in the District Championship and for quote unquote legal troubles...

Here is the links to newspaper articles on both Haywood and Liberty's substate games. The first 1 is for Haywood the second for Liberty, they're more informative than I can ever be on either 1.

http://www.jacksonsun.com/apps/pbcs.dll/ar.../603070317/1006

http://www.jacksonsun.com/apps/pbcs.dll/ar...319/1006/NEWS17

It was Kemp he hit. But I think Irvin had only played in 1 or 2 games before that 1.

Edited by Doc.____615

Not knocking Irvin...even though I didn't like his play that night (and I did end up seeing it-it was more than just the one shot on Willie too)...but young people make mistakes. A lot of us have been there in one way or another. Maybe he'll learn from it.

...but Liberty doesn't even need him. They're good, and they're deep without him.

Not knocking Irvin...even though I didn't like his play that night (and I did end up seeing it-it was more than just the one shot on Willie too)...but young people make mistakes. A lot of us have been there in one way or another. Maybe he'll learn from it.

...but Liberty doesn't even need him. They're good, and they're deep without him.

Just so everyone knows, it was partially coach Williams fault for Irvin's rough play. He put Irvin in because of Jones and Sain's inability to contest Bolivar layups. I was sitting three rows behind the bench that night and i hear coach Williams tell Irvin "not another layup." Not to say he had to elbow Kemp in the face, but when a coach tells you something like that what are you susposed to do? Just wanted to set that straight. By they way, i don't know Irvin personally, just telling fact.

Just so everyone knows, it was partially coach Williams fault for Irvin's rough play. He put Irvin in because of Jones and Sain's inability to contest Bolivar layups. I was sitting three rows behind the bench that night and i hear coach Williams tell Irvin "not another layup." Not to say he had to elbow Kemp in the face, but when a coach tells you something like that what are you susposed to do? Just wanted to set that straight. By they way, i don't know Irvin personally, just telling fact.

From this quote, it would seem the team wasn't playing too hard on defense to be allowing layup after layup. I would think both these teams play the same style and tempo that Howard has a history of playing from our area (southeast Tn). Saying that style equals defense all over the floor is stretching it. They just want an up and down game benefiting athletes, versus setup basketball benefiting thinkers and doers. Just my humble take, but helter skelter aint basketball.

I think you're supposed to play good defense in that situation.

Well the brackets gave some other teams a chance anyway.....

Mitchell and Bolivar have already played with Mitchell and Georgia Tech signee Thaddeus Young winning the contest and Liberty and Haywood with Miss. State signee Jarvis Varnardo have already played with Liberty winning that one...I really think the winner of the Bolivar-Mitchell game will come out as state champs...McMinn is one of those programs you hear about at this level and Liberty has only been in existence for three years....In a state tourney setting I think Rick Rudesill from Bolivar will come up with another surprise or two and win for the third year in a row against McMinn County....

I gotta agree with this, it's McMinn Central though not County, I would like to see MC in the championship, but regardless of what everyone else does, I think Bolivar will win it, lots of experience winning here in AA. They know what it takes.

I'm anxious to see how good Goodpasture actually is...I think it will be Mitchell & McMinn Central in the Championship with Mitchell taking it all...hope my boys can win it all though...

I think McMinn Central is Top 4 worthy...could I possibly get a scouting report on Haywood & Liberty Tech. Magnet???

Man you have lost your mind, Mcminn Central is not in the league with West Tn. The winner of Haywood and Liberty will murder Mcminn Central sorry buddy.