Metro Football

shadow

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is a potential list of the best Metro teams regardless of class.

Hillsboro-young team last year, state semifinalist

Pearl-Cohn- brings back lots of skill players

Antioch-How will D hold up, O should be good

Whites Creek-Losing a lot, but should be good

McGavock-Can compete

Maplewood-will continue success

Glencliff-I am going on a limb, but several skill players return

Stratford-should improve over last year

Hunters Lane-Losing a lot to graduation

Overton-D will be horrible, not sure about O

Hillwood-no hope

Guest catfish-hunter

I don't like metro football....Mcgavock, Whites Creek, and Glencliff are the only teams i think could maybe contend somewhere else....

McGavock and Whites Creek I can see but Glencliff???? Are you serious????? They were 2-8 last year and one of those wins came against a Hillwood team that had fell to pieces towards the end of the season. Gone from that team are QB Anthony Clemons, WR Larry Crawford, TE Andrew Harris, and PK Bere Tahir to name just a few.

Like asiatic said in his post the Colts do return some key skilled players like Josh Young (57 receptions for 814 yards and 5TD's last year) and Terrence Key (621 yards rushing and 3TD's) but they have a ways to go with the teams that are on their schedule.

What about Maplewood???? That's a team that crushed a pretty good Kenwood team to open the playoffs last year and won 9-GAMES. The Panthers return a stud in the backfield in Terrence Holt.

What about Pearl-Cohn??? The Firebirds return what may be the midstate's best quarterback in DeAunte Mason (threw for 1,100+ yards and 11TD's last year while rushing for an additional 500 yards and 6TD's). I know Fitzgerald is gone but Brunetti is a guy who can win there and again asiatic said it when he said PC has many skill players returning.

What about Hillsboro???? Aydelott's bunch has been in the Class 4A State Title game for three of the past five years and since 2000 they've been to the state semifinals 5 TIMES. It wasn't like those losses to Maryville were blowouts and they've beaten every other team they've played either in the regular season or in November.

THOSE THREE TEAMS COULD PLAY WITH ANYONE :thumb:

McGavock and Whites Creek I can see but Glencliff???? Are you serious????? They were 2-8 last year and one of those wins came against a Hillwood team that had fell to pieces towards the end of the season. Gone from that team are QB Anthony Clemons, WR Larry Crawford, TE Andrew Harris, and PK Bere Tahir to name just a few.

Like asiatic said in his post the Colts do return some key skilled players like Josh Young (57 receptions for 814 yards and 5TD's last year) and Terrence Key (621 yards rushing and 3TD's) but they have a ways to go with the teams that are on their schedule.

What about Maplewood???? That's a team that crushed a pretty good Kenwood team to open the playoffs last year and won 9-GAMES. The Panthers return a stud in the backfield in Terrence Holt.

What about Pearl-Cohn??? The Firebirds return what may be the midstate's best quarterback in DeAunte Mason (threw for 1,100+ yards and 11TD's last year while rushing for an additional 500 yards and 6TD's). I know Fitzgerald is gone but Brunetti is a guy who can win there and again asiatic said it when he said PC has many skill players returning.

What about Hillsboro???? Aydelott's bunch has been in the Class 4A State Title game for three of the past five years and since 2000 they've been to the state semifinals 5 TIMES. It wasn't like those losses to Maryville were blowouts and they've beaten every other team they've played either in the regular season or in November.

THOSE THREE TEAMS COULD PLAY WITH ANYONE :D

I forgot about Pearl and Hillsboro, now your taking it as I'm saying Glencliff will be awesome....nope, all I'm saying is that with the talent they will have next year...they have a possible chance to be decent....not good, but decent..

I think metro's top teams next year will be pearl in 3A, hillsboro in 4A with whites creek and maplewood in the mix, and i'll go with antioch in 5A along with mcgavock and overton. Asiatic---i follow metro football and have done so for years. you say overton's d will be horrible---if overton does one thing better than most metro schools it is defense. have you seen them play?

Guest catfish-hunter

I think metro's top teams next year will be pearl in 3A, hillsboro in 4A with whites creek and maplewood in the mix, and i'll go with antioch in 5A along with mcgavock and overton. Asiatic---i follow metro football and have done so for years. you say overton's d will be horrible---if overton does one thing better than most metro schools it is defense. have you seen them play?

I know Overton allowed a combined 21-POINTS against Hillsboro, Antioch, and Pearl-Cohn last year and went 0-3 in those games. Now if those loses were attributed to bad defense then there is a defensive coordinator out there who's going to land on his feet pretty quick. Overton beat the stuffing out of both Gallatin and Hendersonville last year.

McGavock and Ravenwood scored a combined 51-POINTS in Overton's final two losses of the season (the one at Ravenwood is the opening round of the playoffs) but to Overton's credit I'll say that those were two outstanding football teams. McGavock is doing great under the direction of Arcente Broom and Ravenwood just won a state title in their third year.

Here is a potential list of the best Metro teams regardless of class.

Hillsboro-young team last year, state semifinalist

Pearl-Cohn- brings back lots of skill players

Antioch-How will D hold up, O should be good

Whites Creek-Losing a lot, but should be good

McGavock-Can compete

Maplewood-will continue success

Glencliff-I am going on a limb, but several skill players return

Stratford-should improve over last year

Hunters Lane-Losing a lot to graduation

Overton-D will be horrible, not sure about O

Hillwood-no hope

HB may be changing the offense to 5 wide. May take some time. P-C great talent and will be OK if MF stays out of sight. AHS needs for the assistants to work. MW & WC will not be as good. OVT. needs an OFF. Cord. McGwill be OK if Broome continues to allow assistants to do most of the work.HLHS, GHS, & HHS will be terrible. SHS has a long way to go.

HL will be much improved. They will be bringing up some very good and talented sophomores.

Maplewood will be good with key players returning and an influx of soph. from last yrs freshman city champs.

WC will have to decice what to do with Jamie Graham. IF they move him to QB you take away an option at receiver. But he will be an upgrade at QB as far as running and decision making go and leadership. Replacing John Bond will be the biggest hole to fill.

Antioch the talent is there, just getting the results are a different matter.