District 11AA

okiedoke

I have a question about this districts postseason rules. Does the reuglar season district champ get a automatic berth into regions as long as the team gets 1 win in the district tourney or is it the top 2 teams from the tourney that advance. Cause I believe back in 2001 when these teams were in district 12aa, it was the first scenario I stated. Any help would be nice?

• Replies 657
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bullard hit one in a jamboree, but as of now crawford is the only one with a a home run that actually counts. in this district, u have to finish top 2 in the tourney to go to regions. the regular season just helps determine the seeding for the play in game, and u have to win that to do to the district tourney and the district tourney is double elimination.

To answer u gerry...yes ...if a team wins the regular season district they get an automatic bid to regions...evryone else who makes the district tourney is playing for the second and final spot. this is the first year that this district is doin this. So say if creekwood wins the regular season (firts place in the reglar season) they automatically are into regions. Now this dosnt excuse the regular season champs from playing in the distirct tourney...they have to play for region seeding as far as who gets to play at home or on the road during region play if i am not mistaken...now to hlfan...what does "the house that gary bulit" mean?

Edited by chester copperpot

o well my mistake on the region thing, i was going on how they did it last year so sorry for the mixup. and the house that gary built refers to sycamores first head coach, gary halstead. he coached at cheatham and hated how small the field was so when sycamore started the baseball program and built their field he made it freakin huge so little girl hits (like kendall bells on wedneday night) would be flyouts like theyre supposed to be, not crap home runs. but gary wasnt the only one who built the field, he had help from others. like the world renowned dale daniel, the king of crunk.

o well my mistake on the region thing, i was going on how they did it last year so sorry for the mixup. and the house that gary built refers to sycamores first head coach, gary halstead. he coached at cheatham and hated how small the field was so when sycamore started the baseball program and built their field he made it freakin huge so little girl hits (like kendall bells on wedneday night) would be flyouts like theyre supposed to be, not crap home runs. but gary wasnt the only one who built the field, he had help from others. like the world renowned dale daniel, the king of crunk.

The only field in our district that is "freakin huge" has to be Creek Wood.

The only field in our district that is "freakin huge" has to be Creek Wood.

My fault^^^^^

yeah gerry sycamores field is the same way. the ball refuses to carry there. ive seen around 10 round trippers in 2 or 3 years. and creek woods field is looking nice but its the 3rd best field ive seen this year behind #1 white house and #2 harpeth. but still a great field.