District 11AA

okiedoke

• Replies 657
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like Cheatham County is the only county to let the parents make the calls.

I was at the game the other night and overheard parents stating that they did not agree with the suspension, it was brought on by just a couple of the parents. Having said that, my opinion is that Harpeth is a great team as they exibited last year and that they can do it again. Their fans are behind them and give their full support to them. I've watched their games for years and listened to the grumblings and been unknow to all, that is why I've chosen to have a voice here on CoachT, can't go the the administration as I am a fan only and haven't a leg to stand on. This years team seems to have many strengths and a possibly even better than last year. Players stand up and be proud, play as a team, win as a team, lose as a team and most important be the men you are capable of being on that field. Now is the time to forget your problems off the field and concentrate on the task at hand. I wish you the very best of luck and hope to see many games in May! I'll be there for support!

Your first sentence says it all :thumb: Good luck to the Indians :(

Let' just put it this way-Harpeth, just two years ago, lost their winningest football coach in school history. Just 3 days ago lost their girls basketball coach. And are fixing to lose their baseball coach. You make the call as what is the problem in Cheatham County School System? :(

Let me get this straight: I know this is a baseball board, but did you just say that Harpeth fired their girl's basketball coach after going 60-7 over the last 2 years. Not to mention that they have 2 of the better players in Middle Tennessee coming back? Everyone already knows what happened in football 2 years ago. Frazier is a good coach. He took Harpeth baseball to state last year!! Looks like the parents and boosters from Harpeth are getting it done! Crazy! AD, and administration need to step up and have backbone. Support your coaches who are winning games. Just an opinion.

Edited by 1stdown

Let me get this straight: I know this is a baseball board, but did you just say that Harpeth fired their girl's basketball coach after going 60-7 over the last 2 years. Not to mention that they have 2 of the better players in Middle Tennessee coming back? Everyone already knows what happened in football 2 years ago. Frazier is a good coach. He took Harpeth baseball to state last year!! Looks like the parents and boosters from Harpeth are getting it done! Crazy! AD, and administration need to step up and have backbone. Support your coaches who are winning games. Just an opinion.

True as of Monday 4/10, Girls Basketball Coach is done at HHS. Looks like your getting a clear picture of the problem in South Cheatham County. I guarantee Fasier will be looking to leave at the end of this season. He saw what football went through 2 years ago and will not go through that type of mess again. Winning not the problem--"just let little Johnny play and don't hurt little Johnny's feelings" is the problem. :(

well said hogan. as a former player of harpeth athletics, i can see how much harder it is to be a coach because now to be a coach you have to consider the players feelings, or be punished. whereas when i played this was never a factor. kids just cant take the sometimes harsh instruction/criticism that comes with competitive sports. a large number of players are too soft today, and this only hinders those who are'nt. on a side note, i hope that the softer players have no expectations of competing at the next level because the "harsh" criticisim only gets worse.

"a large number of players are too soft today, and this only hinders those who are'nt. on a side note, i hope that the softer players have no expectations of competing at the next level because the "harsh" criticisim only gets worse"

sounds like you know baseball and how the real world works

Edited by abaseballfan

let me just say this i know for a fact that "harpeth's winningest football coach of all time" was horrible. and the reason he was let go had nothing to do with the parents, I mean 27 kids quit the team because they thought him and his golden boy of an offensive coordinator was trash. the only reason he did as good he did in the late 90's was because he was blessed with very very good talent. and good coaches should be able to win, or at least do better than 0-10, whether talent is there or not. and the players wernt too soft either if anything we needed more discipline and shouting and criticism.

now back to baseball

bignasty, before we get back to baseball can u fill me in on what happened to the girls bball coach? he seems like an excellent coach and i have no idea y he wouldnt be there anymore. i know some parents in north cheatham county are also trying to make the lineups for the baseball coach when his lineups are always good. i mean not every kid is going to do excellent in every game, pros dont even do that.