Who are the contenders in 14u?

Teams are allowed to play up in most tournaments. In AAU they must play in the age bracket they elect in filing with the state chairman. Since the draw has been complete for a week I'm not sure this is an election that can be made at this time. I do know Tennessee Team Pride registered 2 15u teams. Coleman and Archie. Tiffany's 14u team is talented enough to play with most 16's let alone 15's. I would look for them to play up in some tournaments, but do well in 14u Nationals.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Teams are allowed to play up in most tournaments. In AAU they must play in the age bracket they elect in filing with the state chairman. Since the draw has been complete for a week I'm not sure this is an election that can be made at this time. I do know Tennessee Team Pride registered 2 15u teams. Coleman and Archie. Tiffany's 14u team is talented enough to play with most 16's let alone 15's. I would look for them to play up in some tournaments, but do well in 14u Nationals.

Hmmm... I guess that it may be that they are playing up in some tourneys, and playing 14U in AAU. I know that the Sport Shop did not have a 14U because they were afraid to play against Tiffany's team. Typical!

So is Archie coaching some St Cecelia girls? He sure gets the most out of his players, that's for sure!

Edited by CPGB06

Hmmm... I guess that it may be that they are playing up in some tourneys, and playing 14U in AAU. I know that the Sport Shop did not have a 14U because they were afraid to play against Tiffany's team. Typical!

So is Archie coaching some St Cecelia girls? He sure gets the most out of his players, that's for sure!

CPGB06 how do you KNOW that the Sport Shop did not have a 14U because they were afraid to play against Tiffany's team? Typical as you wrote in your post.

Is the 14U Pride really that scary? Last year they were challenged in the state tournament by both Memphis Elite teams. I think one of the Elite teams was ahead the whole game until the very end, if memory serves. Obviously they ended up doing very well at Nationals, so they are clearly a force to be reckoned with, especially if they have most of their team coming back, but it seems to me they should expect to be challenged anyway.

Also, all the top level 14U teams can play well against 15U and 16U in my opinion. Just because the Pride can do it doesn't mean they will dominate every 14U team. Most girls are full grown by this time, and so many girls start playing ball earlly, their experience level at 14U is pretty good and can match up well with girls 1 or 2 years older.

The 14U state tournament will be very interesting this year I think. Clearly there is much talent at this age group in TN.

Correct me if I am wrong, but does Sport Shop have a 14U team this year?

As far as Tiffany's 14U Team Pride team, I agree that they should not be considered to be a threat. I would go with that if I was you. :thumb:

I didn't think SSS had a 14u team this year with so many of their girls moving up to 15u. Then I saw that there is an SSS team listed in the 14u's at the Shelbyville Super Regional for this upcoming weekend. Of course, there is the possibility that it could be a 13u playing up, but I doubt it. If I remember correctly, last year Shelbyville had a 13u team that was a "B" team. I'm wondering if what was left of the Nationals qualifying team joined up with the B team and that's SSS representative for the 14u's this year.

I really believe both Memphis LAdy Elite 14u groups will do fine, and along with the Tn. Pride. Just in, Memphis Lady Elite-Brian just defeated the Memphis Bobcats in a game, where the Bobcats where talking about beating the Memphis Lady Elite by 40, oop I guess that did not happen. Congrats to the team and coaches. The 15u group substate in Cheatnam Country will be a preview of what to come. The Pride will take on Shelbyville in the second round. Come and see who's the best.

I really believe both Memphis LAdy Elite 14u groups will do fine, and along with the Tn. Pride. Just in, Memphis Lady Elite-Brian just defeated the Memphis Bobcats in a game, where the Bobcats where talking about beating the Memphis Lady Elite by 40, oop I guess that did not happen. Congrats to the team and coaches. The 15u group substate in Cheatnam Country will be a preview of what to come. The Pride will take on Shelbyville in the second round. Come and see who's the best.

bg3:

Thanks for recognizing our team, but to be fair, the game was really just a scrimmage. I know our coach was trying out a lot of things and really was not that worried about the score until the end. (In fact, we were down by 16 at one point). I'm sure the Bobcat coach was doing the same thing. The refs were parents from our team and theirs and the scoreboard wasn't working and so the score was kept by hand by both teams. We had 18 minute halves but we used a stop watch to keep time. (Somebody would yell out the time and score every once in a while so the players and coaches would know). So it definitely was not an official game.

It's a shame the Bobcat team is not playing AAU and just focusing on exposure events. They have some great players and would have added to the competition in AAU. Finally, I'd like to say the Bobcat players, coach, and parents were very gracious whenever there were conflicts about the score which naturally happens under the above mentioned circumstances.

But, again, bg3, thanks for the recognition. We'll take what we can get. B)

The Pride 15u will play the Flight 15u Sat. night at 9:30 in the final pool game in the Shelbyville Super Regional.This will be the First of possibly 5 meetings these 2 teams will have before the Nationals.The other meetings will take place in the Sub-State and State.The Memphis team will also be at that same State and Sub-State.GOOD GIRLS BASKETBALL around the corner! : B)

I had heard that the Flight 15U was registered in the South Middle Substate, so unless that changed, they won't meet the other teams in substate.

If in fact Flight, Pride and the Memphis teams are in the same SubState, then a very good team is not going to State.

Why would the Memphis team play substates in middle Tennessee?

I had heard that the Flight 15U was registered in the South Middle Substate, so unless that changed, they won't meet the other teams in substate.

If in fact Flight, Pride and the Memphis teams are in the same SubState, then a very good team is not going to State.

South Middle only had the Flight and the West only had the Memphis team to register so they had to go either North or East. North Middle will have six bids to come out of that Sub-State. 2 from the North,2 from the South,2 from the West. There are 7 teams total.Team Pride-Coleman(Gold),Team Pride-Archie(Marron),Flight,Memphis,LadyKnights,CDF,and the Heartbreakers.Six of the seven teams will advance to State.GOOD LUCK LADYS! :lol: