06/07 Freshman in AAA

BBWizard

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When freshmen come in and start or get a large amount of playing time in AAA schools, it's usually one of three situations. The freshmen are very, very good. The upperclassmen are not so good. Or it's a combination of the two.

The late Al McGuire once said, "The best thing about freshmen is that they become sophomores."

They beat T. East twice by 6 points each time. They gave Harris their only loss of the season last season, but lost to them this season each time they played. Not sure of the scores against Harris.

11/17/2005 HMS vs Tullahoma East W 46-37

11/21/2005 HMS vs White Co. Middle W 50-22

01/09/2006 HMS vs Tullahoma East L 49-47

01/12/2006 HMS vs White Co. Middle W 38-28

02/14/2006 CTC Tournament HMS vs White Co. Middle W 40-34 championship game

They gave Harris their only loss of the season last season, White Co didn't beat Harris (I know that wasn't what you implied, just the way it sounds). East gave them the only lose and not making any excuses for the loses, our girls just didn't hit those free throws, but the scorebook was wrong it was a tie and should have went into overtime but our coach was really upset with the way the girls were playing.

But hey that was jr high ball and now they have to come and play with the big girls, could be a completely different story from some of the younger girls, hope they all do well for their high schools.

They gave Harris their only loss of the season last season, White Co didn't beat Harris (I know that wasn't what you implied, just the way it sounds). East gave them the only lose and not making any excuses for the loses, our girls just didn't hit those free throws, but the scorebook was wrong it was a tie and should have went into overtime but our coach was really upset with the way the girls were playing.

But hey that was jr high ball and now they have to come and play with the big girls, could be a completely different story from some of the younger girls, hope they all do well for their high schools.

i know east beat white co at east and i know also know about the overtime game which i know east would lose because we only had about 4 players at 100%

i wasn't sure the score about the game at white co

i was at the harris at east game and i keep up it was the best basketball i have been to this year too bad the game isn't 32 minutes long

http://www.tullahomasports.com/East%20Bask...rris%201-10.htm

My source said White Co. gave Harris their only loss their 7th grade season. That what I was referring to. Maybe there will be some good region tourney meetings between these 3 teams in the future. :thumb:

• 6 months later...

i know siegel has some good freshman too along with white co, tullahoma and shelbyville

i had a couple of the tullahoma freshman in soccer this year and they will benefit from the footwork and condition training

Hope they all stay with basketball. You have a good coach...she just needs some players.