Tennessee Temple QB

gocal

I was wondering what the college plans were for Kevin Smithson - the QB for Tennessee Temple the past couple of years. I have seen him play a couple of times and I was very impressed with his arm strength, toughness and ability to read defenses. He put up unbelievble numbers his junior and senior years. He did a lot to put their football program on the map. I was just wondering if any school had decided to give him a chance.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was wondering what the college plans were for Kevin Smithson - the QB for Tennessee Temple the past couple of years. I have seen him play a couple of times and I was very impressed with his arm strength, toughness and ability to read defenses. He put up unbelievble numbers his junior and senior years. He did a lot to put their football program on the map. I was just wondering if any school had decided to give him a chance.

He is going to Austin Peay on a partial scholarship....that was the last I heard...

• 2 months later...

I think UTC missed out on a good one. They had been signing more locals up until this year, but didn't sign him, the defensive lineman at Howard, the receivers at Soddy-Daisy and South Pittsburg, other 1-AA players who I think could have helped them get where they want to be. Hopefully their bigger "names" from out of state and from 1-A schools won't get into messes some (not many, just some) of their other "name" players have in the last couple of years.

• 2 weeks later...

I think UTC missed out on a good one. They had been signing more locals up until this year, but didn't sign him, the defensive lineman at Howard, the receivers at Soddy-Daisy and South Pittsburg, other 1-AA players who I think could have helped them get where they want to be. Hopefully their bigger "names" from out of state and from 1-A schools won't get into messes some (not many, just some) of their other "name" players have in the last couple of years.

UTC didnt miss out on much. They got their QB of the future, Joei Fiegler.

Explain how they didn't miss out on much, when I doubt you've ever seen him play.

If by seen him play you mean putting him on the ground while the offense puts up 63 points, than yes, ive seen him play. And as far as an explanation, its as easy as why eat liver when you can have a nice big t-bone. Smithson would be wasting his time at UTC because Fiegler is their man.

Edited by CoachLogan74

If by seen him play you mean putting him on the ground while the offense puts up 63 points, than yes, ive seen him play. And as far as an explanation, its as easy as why eat liver when you can have a nice big t-bone. Smithson would be wasting his time at UTC because Fiegler is their man.

I have to admit your response is disappointing, I expected such from the kids on here, but not from you. First of all, the offense did not score 63, there was a onside kick attempt returned for a touch, and I believe ( I might be wrong on this one) a defensive touchdown. Kevin threw for 350 yards and 3-4 touchdowns and played on a team that was greatly mismatched and very inexperienced and still put up 33 points, enough offensive power to win a game. I am sure Fiegler is a very good player, but Kevin is hardly "liver", give him his due. Remember, these are young people we are talking about.