Freddy Adu

JOE23

I should hope Messi will play against Benfica. Barcelona are an amazing team and should really have a go at winning the Champions League this year.

As far as saying Nguyen is better than Adu because he was signed by PSV is a little bit of a stretch. Adu has offers coming in from the BIG clubs in the Biggest leagues in the world. AC & Inter Milan, Chelsea, Man U, Barca, and Real Madrid just to name the ones with the most clout that are willing to put their money on this kid.

As far as Adu being older than he says he is. Well, I doubt it. He came to this country when he was 8 years old. He played in National tournaments and while he dominated he was always about the same size as the players that were also his age. They have shown the video's on those News programs such as Primetime and Bryant Gumbel when there was first such a fervor over Freddy. Also just a few years after teh scandal involving age altering by that kid in the Little League World Series and Raphael Furcal of the Atlanta Braves, someone as high profile as Freddy Adu would have been exposed with fact already.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I should hope Messi will play against Benfica. Barcelona are an amazing team and should really have a go at winning the Champions League this year.

THE BEST young player in the world and arguably the best team in the world. I love to watch Messi play. He plays like he's 24, full of confidence. He's not afraid to run at any denfender. He could be a big star this summer in Germany.

ive watched and played against daniel kelly many times and have seen adu in person play. adu is obviously better but kelly is real too. kelly will go pro here in a year or two, thats a fact.

Kelly is a great player don't get me wrong, but I will agree with the common opinion: Adu is better and there's a reason he is playing where he is. I think Kelly is agreat player, but he's not Freddy quality yet. I have only seen Kelly play once and that was against Bearden in the state tournament last year. He was head and shoulders the best player in the tournament. Good luck to Dan in the years to come.

No comparison between these two... Daniel is playing with the Youth National team. Clubs are often watching them, if he was anything close to Freddy level, America (not just coacht members) would have known by now. Daniel is no Freddy, lets not get ahead of things. He might make it pro someday, but the best thing to do right now as his fan is wish him luck.

I don't know about "The Best" young player in the world, but I will agree that there is a reason he has been labeled the new Maradona by none other than Diego himself.

I enjoy seeing Messi play. The confidence he plays with is amazing for his age. Look for several of the young Dutch players to explode in the next couple years. I dont remember their names but at Last years U-20 tournament those players really made an impression with their skill and athletic ability