Freddy Adu

JOE23

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what do yall think of Freddy Adu and how he is doing as a pro, also, what do you expect from him in his third year, and what do you see in his future( european clubs, world cup 2010, 2006 possibly?)

well supposedly chelsea and Man U have expressed interest in adu. as a united fan, i would love to see him go to the red devils. but i havent seen a lot of him, ive seen him occasionally in some MLS games and i watched one of his u17 world championship games. he really stuck out in the u17 WC game. he'll slowly become a world class player as he gets older.

what do yall think of Freddy Adu and how he is doing as a pro, also, what do you expect from him in his third year, and what do you see in his future( european clubs, world cup 2010, 2006 possibly?)

saw him in charleston sc against

houston n-whateverss_ if I didn't know it was freddie-i wouldn't have been at all impressed---

The guy is 16 I believe, not many teens play in pro leagues. That is what separates Adu from the rest. He is a great player for his age. Joe. :unsure:

no their are alot of 16 and 17 kids start that on major european club

wayne rooney man u and everton

james milter leeds, newcastle and aston villa

cesc fabergas arsenal and barcalona

matt flaminni arsenal

obafemi martins inter

these kids did started when they were younger their are more but those are the only ones that came to my mind

freddy adu cap tied to the US so their is no more talk of him playing for ghana but he has 5 more years left on his deal with MLS remember all player contracts are with MLS and not their teams so if MLS might try to sell him in 3 or 4 years

Edited by mjuhb

no their are alot of 16 and 17 kids start that on major european club

wayne rooney man u and everton

james milter leeds, newcastle and aston villa

cesc fabergas arsenal and barcalona

matt flaminni arsenal

obafemi martins inter

these kids did started when they were younger their are more but those are the only ones that came to my mind

freddy adu cap tied to the US so their is no more talk of him playing for ghana but he has 5 more years left on his deal with MLS remember all player contracts are with MLS and not their teams so if MLS might try to sell him in 3 or 4 years

uh, martins is at least 20, rooney is 19 or 20. and yes, these and many others are WAY ahead of freddy adu, adu does not even make an impact in MLS, whether he does in europe or world cup in the future is a huge question mark... Right now he couldnt shine any of these 5 guys shoes, not to mention 18 year old lionel messi of barcelona.

He has a lot of potential, but he will never attain that potential if he continues to play in the MLS. He needs to get a transfer to a real league like Italy, Spain or England where he will be competing against high level talent week in week out.

Three or four more years in the Sub Standard MLS will basically make him just an OK player, not a great one.

He has a lot of potential, but he will never attain that potential if he continues to play in the MLS. He needs to get a transfer to a real league like Italy, Spain or England where he will be competing against high level talent week in week out.

Three or four more years in the Sub Standard MLS will basically make him just an OK player, not a great one.

i agree wit u 100% he should transfer to england or france so he can get the best compettition in the world bcause he will not develop enough if he wants to be an impact in the world cup if he plays MLS

We gotta give the guy a break. He's a great player with great speed for his age. You talk about Rooney and co. Yes they might be better, but it's really hard to assess b/c no one (Bruce Arena, D.C. United) has given him a fair shot. You always see him come in off the bench for a few minutes here and a few minutes there. Obviously I think if the likes of Chelsea and Man U are interested, you know he's a quality player. Don't write him off just yet.

Freddy is a great player, as it takes a special player these days to even get scouted at the age he was when clubs like Man U showed interest in him. I agree with lcsoccer that he hasn't been given a fair shot by both coaches. I think Freddy future lies abroad. The MLS is a league that is going through changes and growth. Freddy needs a well built league that are ready to receive young prodigies. I personally think he will struggle a lil bit if he goes to Spain,Italy, or England. He needs to go to a league like the French or Dutch where world class clubs go looking for young and cheaper players and then build his European football resume.

uh, martins is at least 20, rooney is 19 or 20. and yes, these and many others are WAY ahead of freddy adu, adu does not even make an impact in MLS, whether he does in europe or world cup in the future is a huge question mark... Right now he couldnt shine any of these 5 guys shoes, not to mention 18 year old lionel messi of barcelona.

actually rooney scored his first Premiership goal at 16 for Everton. I dont think Freddy could score a goal in the Premierhip right now, but all Freddy needs is consistient playing time and it doesnt matter what league he plays in. Freddy actually got less time playing last year than he did his rookie year! All Freddy needs is for that D.C United coach to play him in every game, every minute, and he will develop into the player everyone expects him to be.