USJ over Covington 1-0 in front of Chicago Cubs Scout.

necvol

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A 1/0 game like this had fans of both sides on the edge of their seats. There was some awfully good baseball by both sides. :rolleyes:

Covington had their chance in the 7th with bases loaded, and their clean-up batter at the plate. Nelson had already pitched a stellar game, but to keep the poise and concentration,and strike that batter out in that situation... Well, it was impressive. Anyone not impressed might need to take up another sport, like skydiving without a parachute. :thumb:

A 1/0 game like this had fans of both sides on the edge of their seats. There was some awfully good baseball by both sides. :thumb:

Covington had their chance in the 7th with bases loaded, and their clean-up batter at the plate. Nelson had already pitched a stellar game, but to keep the poise and concentration,and strike that batter out in that situation... Well, it was impressive. Anyone not impressed might need to take up another sport, like skydiving without a parachute. B)

I agree. Very good baseball games. Good pitching on both sides.

Why would a pro football scout be at a baseball game? Yeah, I know, smart a_ _ comment, smart a_ _ reply. :rolleyes:

I'm guessing he doesn't believe there was a Cubs Scout @ USJ. I don't know if he was a Scout but there was also a gentleman with an Ole Miss windbreaker on at the game. No clipboard so he may not have been a Scout.

Mark it down, there will be several top tier D-1 schools and some other Pro Teams watching USJ this year.

I'm guessing he doesn't believe there was a Cubs Scout @ USJ. I don't know if he was a Scout but there was also a gentleman with an Ole Miss windbreaker on at the game. No clipboard so he may not have been a Scout.

Mark it down, there will be several top tier D-1 schools and some other Pro Teams watching USJ this year.

I thought you stated their was a cubs scout at the game. Now your not sure.

I thought you stated their was a cubs scout at the game. Now your not sure.

Read my post again. There definately was a Cubs Scout at the game. There was also a gentleman with an Ole Miss windbreaker that I haven't seen before. He did not have a clipboard so I'm not sure if he was a Scout. Again, there is no doubt about the Cubs Scout. He sat by himself (stayed the whole game) checking rosters, taking notes and timing pitches/pop times, etc.

Maybe, if they are lucky, there will be an Eagle Scout at the next game.....

Am I the only one that got that? Cub Scout.. Eagle Scout = Boy Scouts

Thought it was funny.. :lol:

With Josh Liles on the field It will be a great opporutunity for not only

the USJ players but the team playing USJ to be seen by college

and professional scouts. Josh is used to this, he has spent the

last 3 years with Dulins. Spencer did a great job.. :thumb:

Am I the only one that got that? Cub Scout.. Eagle Scout = Boy Scouts

Thought it was funny.. :thumb:

With Josh Liles on the field It will be a great opporutunity for not only

the USJ players but the team playing USJ to be seen by college

and professional scouts. Josh is used to this, he has spent the

last 3 years with Dulins. Spencer did a great job.. :(

Obviously, then, my comment flew straight over your head then. Get it, Eagle Scout, Philidelphia Eagles.....oh, forget it. :thumb:

Read my post again. There definately was a Cubs Scout at the game. There was also a gentleman with an Ole Miss windbreaker that I haven't seen before. He did not have a clipboard so I'm not sure if he was a Scout. Again, there is no doubt about the Cubs Scout. He sat by himself (stayed the whole game) checking rosters, taking notes and timing pitches/pop times, etc.

i was there also and i had on a michigan shirt ? maybe i am a scout