Final Push for Playoff Position

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm getting a little annoyed at the local media who, in discussing tickets still being available for the playoffs, come off very condescending with statements like "What kind of sports town do we think we are if we can't fill up the GEC."

While the hardcore fans have bought the tickets, the walkup crowd is still out there.

Here are some factors that are contributing to tickets still being available for the playoffs:

When Is The Game ? As of this writing, they still haven't picked a date for the first game-Friday or Saturday. Kats are scheduled for a home game Friday, but that may be changed. How can you expect people, who may have a commitment one of those nights, to purchase tickets?

San Jose is Not a Natural Rival: The Red Wings are the Preds biggest Rival. Chicago has supporters down here as well. The Blue Jackets hate the Preds. Colorado is a known quantity. San Jose does nothing to quicken anyone's pulse-despite the fact that they are an excellent team. Much like the Sounds, playing in the West has left Nashville with few rivals out there. No real buzz

No-To-Mas Face it, without Volkun, arguably the Pred's most valuable player, the prospects don't appear quite as rosy as they did before. I know others will argue, with validity, that Mason is playing well as is the team right now. But for the casual fan, this is not looking good and Nashville won't run to a sinking ship.

A LOT of commitment competition Fans who are sports minded have other commitments at this stage of the season, often involving their kids: baseball, soccer, track, high school, middle school, youth. Coolege baseball takes part of the crowd as well. This is also Prom season for many high schools. A lot is going on around Nashville

Dollars The cheap seats are gone, so what's left but the pricier seats. Didn't a lot of us just finish paying taxes? Didn't a lot of the public just come back from spending dollars at spring break. Count in also the market segment peoplw who are being hit up at this time for season ticket renewals for the Titans, Vols, Raiders, 'Dores, Tigers, etc. for football. Also, didn't the north end of Nashville just get hit with some tornadoes? Their minds are understandably elsewhere.

Hockey ain't me This segment wouldn't come to a game if you gave them free tickets and had nickel beer. They weren't coming anyway so don't count them. They don't understand the game, don't want to, and that is fine.

Just don't give me a load of BS from some talking heads about how we don't care, while you are sitting in your paid for, tax- written- off seats.

I care a lot as do a number of area fans. We just have to make some decisions, and if I can't make it, that's how it is. I'll root for them on TV.

I'm getting a little annoyed at the local media who, in discussing tickets still being available for the playoffs, come off very condescending with statements like "What kind of sports town do we think we are if we can't fill up the GEC."

While the hardcore fans have bought the tickets, the walkup crowd is still out there.

Here are some factors that are contributing to tickets still being available for the playoffs:

When Is The Game ? As of this writing, they still haven't picked a date for the first game-Friday or Saturday. Kats are scheduled for a home game Friday, but that may be changed. How can you expect people, who may have a commitment one of those nights, to purchase tickets?

San Jose is Not a Natural Rival: The Red Wings are the Preds biggest Rival. Chicago has supporters down here as well. The Blue Jackets hate the Preds. Colorado is a known quantity. San Jose does nothing to quicken anyone's pulse-despite the fact that they are an excellent team. Much like the Sounds, playing in the West has left Nashville with few rivals out there. No real buzz

No-To-Mas Face it, without Volkun, arguably the Pred's most valuable player, the prospects don't appear quite as rosy as they did before. I know others will argue, with validity, that Mason is playing well as is the team right now. But for the casual fan, this is not looking good and Nashville won't run to a sinking ship.

A LOT of commitment competition Fans who are sports minded have other commitments at this stage of the season, often involving their kids: baseball, soccer, track, high school, middle school, youth. Coolege baseball takes part of the crowd as well. This is also Prom season for many high schools. A lot is going on around Nashville

Dollars The cheap seats are gone, so what's left but the pricier seats. Didn't a lot of us just finish paying taxes? Didn't a lot of the public just come back from spending dollars at spring break. Count in also the market segment peoplw who are being hit up at this time for season ticket renewals for the Titans, Vols, Raiders, 'Dores, Tigers, etc. for football. Also, didn't the north end of Nashville just get hit with some tornadoes? Their minds are understandably elsewhere.

Hockey ain't me This segment wouldn't come to a game if you gave them free tickets and had nickel beer. They weren't coming anyway so don't count them. They don't understand the game, don't want to, and that is fine.

Just don't give me a load of BS from some talking heads about how we don't care, while you are sitting in your paid for, tax- written- off seats.

I care a lot as do a number of area fans. We just have to make some decisions, and if I can't make it, that's how it is. I'll root for them on TV.

I have bought my tickets..... And I am concerned that we are not sold out for the playoffs, even though the first game date isn't known.... Hopefully, after tonight, when an announcement may be made, we can sell rest of the tics....

If you have never been to a hockey game, in person, you are missing a treat. The playoff atmosphere for the first year the Preds made the playoffs was one of the best sports experiences imaginable.......any sport.....

Once the weather gets warm there are many opportunities to do things in Middle Tennessee..... So a hockey game may not be high on the proirity list, but you will have a blast if you come.... :lol:

I'm going to the game tonight. I used to be a season ticket holder.

I went to two playoff games two years ago and loved it.

But this year, I have long established plans on Friday and Saturday afternoon. Unless it's Saturday night, I'll have to catch the sports on the evening tube.

Very curious to see who actually plays for both teams tonight-and how many fights are started to send an "early playoff" greeting. :lol:

Edited by fromthetop2

I'm going to the game tonight. I used to be a season ticket holder.

I went to two playoff games two years ago and loved it.

But this year, I have long established plans on Friday and Saturday afternoon. Unless it's Saturday night, I'll have to catch the sports on the evening tube.

Very curious to see who actually plays for both teams tonight-and how many fights are started to send an "early playoff" greeting. :thumb:

You saw a good one. Preds win 6-3 over Detroit.