Never too early for a WB thread

TG24

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes I am pretty sure the schedule is the same as last year...obviously just flip it and you have this years schedule. A couple notes on the team next year....many people feel that the team will be better this year than last year because this years team will be more of a team and not have the individual stars that they had last year. Some people feel some of the individual stars were looking out for personal stats instead of the team. They return a veteran defense and a veteran offensive line. The main concern is at the running back and quarterback position. There is a handful of runningbacks that will step up as hard-nosed runners and will block for each other. At quarterback the job will probably be between an upcoming sophomore(Garner) and a upcoming junior(Vineyard). The upcoming sophomore is quick, fast (4.65-40 yd dash), and has a good arm but lacks valuable varsity level experience. The upcoming Junior is more of a pocket passer and has some varsity level experience. Either one will be playing behind a good line. The key will be the running game.....can the line provide a consistent running game and not put too much pressure on the young qb's early in the year. If they establish a running game and pass when they have to.....slowly building the qb's confidence then WB looks to be better than last years team. This along with the region being wide open has forced high expectations on this next govenor team.

What happended to the Carter Kid? Early last season I thought he was the back-up to Wall. After Wall got hurt he was a WR parttime. I had thought he was the next in line under center?

I think the Carter kid transfered ...anyways...scrimmage was decent ...both teams looked about as good as you can look with one week of practice. WB's offense hasnt come together yet but that is expected when you lose your whole backfield. Once they gel.....look out. This WB will grow leaps and bounds before their first game.

I think the Carter kid transfered ...anyways...scrimmage was decent ...both teams looked about as good as you can look with one week of practice. WB's offense hasnt come together yet but that is expected when you lose your whole backfield. Once they gel.....look out. This WB will grow leaps and bounds before their first game.

No, Michael Carter will be a senior this year. I see his Uncle in Church often, the family are die hard WB supporters and good people.

Obviously it is way too early to tell a lot but, I thought West looked much better on both sides of ball. West's first 2 times with ball went down field with much ease and scored both times. Final was West 3 WB 1. I know West also had both halfbacks, 2 recievers, 1 LB, 2 in secondary that didn't play. Also, only had QB for 1 practice before scrimmage from baseball. WB got it together on def. after those first 2 possessions but still... Ones vs. Ones was definately in West's favor.

No, Michael Carter will be a senior this year. I see his Uncle in Church often, the family are die hard WB supporters and good people.

FBE,

To the best of my knowledge, Michael has always played either t.e. or wide receiver since he's been there. He had a great catch for a td against Soddy Daisy last year. I believe he's definitely in the mix this year as a receiver ... big target, smart, great hands, not super fast but fast enough to get open.

There is an Endsley kid that was touted as a possible qb a couple of years ago before he left the team to concentrate on baseball. Evidently, from what I'm gathering, he is back and in the qb race??? He'll be a senior I believe.

I think WB has some great athletes coming back, but replacing several "key seniors" ain't gonna be easy. Remember the name Cole Lail. He's gonna make some headlines pretty quick I believe.

FBE,

To the best of my knowledge, Michael has always played either t.e. or wide receiver since he's been there. He had a great catch for a td against Soddy Daisy last year. I believe he's definitely in the mix this year as a receiver ... big target, smart, great hands, not super fast but fast enough to get open.

There is an Endsley kid that was touted as a possible qb a couple of years ago before he left the team to concentrate on baseball. Evidently, from what I'm gathering, he is back and in the qb race??? He'll be a senior I believe.

I think WB has some great athletes coming back, but replacing several "key seniors" ain't gonna be easy. Remember the name Cole Lail. He's gonna make some headlines pretty quick I believe.

Thanks for the info. WB should be better this year in my mind. Lost some speed on the "O" but this senior might have more commitment and they have had the same head coach all three varsity years. Think good thoughts.