Farragut?

Clinton is in region 3-4a. I don't think 3-4a is that tough. Maryville and Central would do well in any region, true, but the rest of the region doesn't scare anybody. Last year region 2-5A had the top three of the top five teams in the state at that time. OR, Ootlewah and Farragut,. It doesn't get much tougher than that does it? In my opinion region 2-5a is tougher than region 1. Region one has DB, Karns, Bearden, Jeff County, Campbell County. Region 2 has farragut, Ootlewah, OR, Willie Blount, Soddy Daisy, and McMinn. Bradley Co. is not too good, but the rest of those teams have all been really good recently. JMO

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We can't wait. I hope they find that "one" missing student and move up to play with the Big Boys soon. And as I said, they have had almost identical enrollment as OR every year for many years and have chosen to duck the move up. Just the facts. When OR was too small for 3A in the old days they still played 3A. Hopefully we will see soon how they stack up to 5A schools and won't have to have you guessing any longer. Ya think they play all those Blount schools to pad their schedule, cause they are all pretty weak besides Alcoa. You might also want to be careful about talking about Farragut cause they might put a whoopin on Maryville more times than not. They normally field a good team. And by the way, DB's band will always whoop you.

Ole Dad

Soft? ok. I'll watch it. But its really harder to admit when you've gone too far and gotten off subject. So with that, I still don't see OR or DB being as successful in 4A's region 3 as Maryville has been. Actually Maryville would win 5A region 1 or 2 most years. We better now? gooda!

Ya think they play all those Blount schools to pad their schedule, cause they are all pretty weak besides Alcoa.

That is a commonly held misconception. Alcoa is actually in the bottom-half of Blount County schools. The reason they are so highly rated is the fact that they play in 2A. The truth of the matter is that Alcoa would not be competitive in 4A or 5A. Look at the series with William Blount since 2001

2001- Alcoa 33 William Blount 30

2002- Alcoa 8 William Blount 44

2003- Alcoa 6 William Blount 28

2004(the year Alcoa was 14-1 and 2A State Champions, and WB went 3-7)- Alcoa 20 William Blount 7

If you look at the facts, Alcoa is actually on par with one of the "lower" Blount County teams, which last year probably would've beaten them. Let's stop putting Alcoa on such a high, undeserved pedestal.

Edited by TG24

Good Point.

Ole Dad

That is a commonly held misconception. Alcoa is actually in the bottom-half of Blount County schools. The reason they are so highly rated is the fact that they play in 2A. The truth of the matter is that Alcoa would not be competitive in 4A or 5A. Look at the series with William Blount since 2001

2001- Alcoa 33 William Blount 30

2002- Alcoa 8 William Blount 44

2003- Alcoa 6 William Blount 28

2004(the year Alcoa was 14-1 and 2A State Champions, and WB went 3-7)- Alcoa 20 William Blount 7

If you look at the facts, Alcoa is actually on par with one of the "lower" Blount County teams, which last year probably would've beaten them. Let's stop putting Alcoa on such a high, undeserved pedestal.

Edited by Ole Dad

Maryville DOES play the Blount County teams to pad their schedule

TG24, Mairvul plays the Blount County teams so the Blount County teams can afford to play other sports. Mairvul always brings out the county folk and their money. Lucky for the Blount county teams that when we move to 5A, we will still play you and your teams.

We can't wait. I hope they find that "one" missing student and move up to play with the Big Boys soon. And as I said, they have had almost identical enrollment as OR every year for many years and have chosen to duck the move up.

Ole Dad

Ole Dad when Mairvul quits ducking O.R., do you think Quarles will make Stanton stay away from Mairvul's spring practice? ;) This may also keep Stanton from calling George the week before a big playoff game and asking him about plays.

Edited by STARSNBARS