Farragut?

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

going back to the Farragut-Mo town scrimmage, Farragut won, Defense dominated, i read those post about not being physical enough with out sean or nick. We can still hold are own against those boys. and darn some were big but we pulled it out. Mo towns 1st string offense didnt score, but neither did farragut, but farragut did have two scores on the board by 2 pick 6's by big slow line backers. The db's also shut down Mo-towns passing game. It was a great time, it felt good to get back out and knock some heads that werent your own team mates. High hopes for the season, we'll see how it goes. peace out

• 2 weeks later...

Alright as far as the scrimage went we held farragut pretty close considering we had 4 of our injured starters playing and 4 out myself being one of the injured on the field and they still used double and triple coverage to guard me farraguts line is a good one as far as them taken home number #1 i don't know but as far as us (clinton) and them ( farragut) giving oak ridge heck you better believe it

Be nice Bounder, or at least try! :thumb: Anyway Farragut, in my opinion, is always a contender and the Cats, and the coaching staff, take them VERY seriously every time they are scheduled to play. Oak Ridge never overlooks, or looks past Farragut, because they are contender material. Pre Farragut a whole lot of effort goes into making sure these players do not overlook any detail in Faragut, that is why the scores have been so favored in Oak Ridge side - they work very hard when Farragut is coming up - not because of any grudge, but because they know of all the teams that will rise up and get them, Farragut is high on that list.

Speaking of my opinion, I really believe that is one of the things that got Riverdale beat last year when they played at OR in the finals. They walked onto our field with no respect, actually believing they owned OR and that there was nothing OR could do to stop their train. That and the fact the Cats were revved up for this game, worked hard to get there, and were tired of Riverdale. Make no mistake, Riverdale had a great team last year, they just got to where they believed it before the season was over.

Time to get off the soap box. GOOD LUCK FARRAGUT in the upcoming season! :lol:

c-town72. We can't wait to go play Clinton, it is the funnest game of the year for some of us. Isn't that right DCCATVOICE. Don't mean to open old wounds, but 74-0, please. I don't think we'll catch too much heck off Clinton. On the other hand, Farragut will be a good ball game. They play us tough at their place.

c-town72. We can't wait to go play Clinton, it is the funnest game of the year for some of us. Isn't that right DCCATVOICE. Don't mean to open old wounds, but 74-0, please. I don't think we'll catch too much heck off Clinton. On the other hand, Farragut will be a good ball game. They play us tough at their place.

Was it 159yds on 9 carries?

I hope Clinton learns how to tackle before the Cats come to town.

Honestly I don't even see why we play Clinton anymore. It doesn't do either team any good.

We may agree on something. I think we should dump Clinton for Maryville.

Oler Dad

Was it 159yds on 9 carries?

I hope Clinton learns how to tackle before the Cats come to town.

Honestly I don't even see why we play Clinton anymore. It doesn't do either team any good.

I believe Farragut is Oak Ridge's biggest rival now despite the fact that Clinton has a victory over Oak Ridge since the last Admiral win. Rivalries must be competitive in my opinion to constitute a true rivalry. Clinton is no longer competitive with Oak Ridge and I wouldn't mind if the series was dropped. They talk about the huge gate that is involved with this game and it is true. Just think how many more people would come to see a Maryville/Oak Ridge game? Nobody cares about the Oak Ridge/ Clinton game outside of Anderson County. Maybe our friend Andy Shattuck will get Clinton back to where they should be but until then, I am for dropping the series too. It would be fun to play Farragut the first game and the last game. Of course this isn't possible. For those who say that it breaks tradition to drop Clinton, The series was dropped before. From 1958-1969 the teams didn't play. Sorry ORidgeKat, the Clinton game to me isn't the same as it was. Beating Farragut is a lot more fun.