who waz the best freshman metro highschool team

dre41391

i think it was us hunters lane maplewood jus slipped up and beat us by one point i was mad as heck. the only thing that beat us was that darn running back marcus cantrell he's good but not that good i takled him a couple of times he just wouldnt seem to go down but we had a great season wat do u guys think.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems to me that Antioch has had one of the most consistant Freshman Teams in Metro the last 3 to 4 years. Not sure what they did this year but they have been strong.

The answer to this question is a very easy one to answer. Maplewood played Hunter's Lane twice and beat them twice. Maplewood played Antioch twice and beat them twice. Maplewood played Hillsboro once and beat them. Maplewood went 8-0 and won the city championship. How can anybody question who had the best freshman team. Maplewood hands down had the best team. :ph34r: Edited by rrrrrrr

i think it was us hunters lane maplewood jus slipped up and beat us by one point i was mad as heck. the only thing that beat us was that darn running back marcus cantrell he's good but not that good i takled him a couple of times he just wouldnt seem to go down but we had a great season wat do u guys think.

Dre, you're just wastin' space on this message board. Maplewood did y'all in twice, even after y'all added players to the team that weren't on there for the first game, and it still didn't matter! I'm sure y'all have talent with all them kids at y'all school, but until y'all get a staff that knows what to do with it, y'all in trouble! Casey Smith is not the answer. He should have stayed at Gra-Mar Middle School were all you need is the best athletes to be successfull! He's a joke!!!!!

Dre, you're just wastin' space on this message board. Maplewood did y'all in twice, even after y'all added players to the team that weren't on there for the first game, and it still didn't matter! I'm sure y'all have talent with all them kids at y'all school, but until y'all get a staff that knows what to do with it, y'all in trouble! Casey Smith is not the answer. He should have stayed at Gra-Mar Middle School were all you need is the best athletes to be successfull! He's a joke!!!!!

TooSicks those are some harsh statements. I like it. It was a no brainer the past season, Maplewood. In the past few seasons, the consistency is with Antioch.

Ralph, stay off of criticizing others like Casey Smith. It aint his fault he dont have an uncle to save him from getting fired, then a couple years later give him a job he didnt deserve!!! Besides, he aint allowed to recruit at HL like your crooks at Maplehood. Do you have any more 20 year olds playing?

You cant coach. You got Woods and the little loud mouth volunteer to recruit, and Coach Armstrong to do the coaching. You have ONE good season and you think you are a coach. You are the joke!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ralph, stay off of criticizing others like Casey Smith. It aint his fault he dont have an uncle to save him from getting fired, then a couple years later give him a job he didnt deserve!!! Besides, he aint allowed to recruit at HL like your crooks at Maplehood. Do you have any more 20 year olds playing?

You cant coach. You got Woods and the little loud mouth volunteer to recruit, and Coach Armstrong to do the coaching. You have ONE good season and you think you are a coach. You are the joke!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Harsh Words :thumb:

Hey Mrs. Whatchacallit, it sounds like you have something personal against Maplewood's coaching staff. I've followed Maplewood about the last three years and I haven't seen anything but major improvements to the team. This enlargely comes from Ralph improving his coaching staff. It is hard to win without any help on any coaching level. As far as recruiting goes, me personally don't think that it goes on over there. Kids from all over the city wants to play for Woods and Little Loud Mouth because of the relationships that they built with the kids all of their lives. You know that Little Loud Mouth coached 14 years in Little League Football and Baseball winning 14 championships 7 in football and 7 in baseball. So alot of the kids either played for him or against him. These kids wanting to play with Ralph and his coaching staff shows that the kids really respect them it doesn't mean that they are out recruiting. So Mrs. Whatchacallit cut out the false allegations. :lol:

Hey, you should be banned from talking about coaches after Woodward fired you. :lol:

What is the reason for being banned? I don't get on here and talk about people personally. You found out who I was and couldn't wait to say something. Yea, I was let go, but I was not the only one, and things happen for a reason. Am I bitter, no. Woodward made his decisions, do I agree, not totally, but what am I to do. In actuality, the move freed me up to do other things, like concentrate on my family, get my highlight website started, allow my wife to finish school, and prepare the Antioch wrestling team for a run at state this year. There is more to life than football, though I do love it, the time will come for me to grace someone's sidelines again. I have no ill will towards Woodward, and I wish Antioch the best this season. They will be a force once the players get this new system down. So if calling me out was the best you could do, go back and rethink your post before clicking that button Mrs. Watchacallit.

Clap! Clap! Mr. 411. Since you know everything, come on out of the closet! Since you know me so well, you must know how to reach me. If you don't want everyone else to know who you are tell me personally.

Job I didn't deserve!! What are your criteria for deserving a head job in metro? I hope it ain't waitin in line until I'm 50 and too tired to actually be an effective head coach. You sound bitter or jealous to me. Since you know so much, maybe its the fact that I played ball at Georgia and TSU, was a grad. asst. to the A.D., and had been on the very first staff at Centennial High School building that program from literally the ground up! HMMMMM, maybe those things played a part in Mr. Braden, (the MHS Principal at the time), choosing me because he wanted someone to basically start the program from scratch! Let's say my uncle did have something to do with me getting hired, (which he didn't!), How many times do you hear, "its all about who you know".

On the recruiting tip. Are you more upset because All the athletes that live in Maplewood's zone and feeder schools finally decided to go where they were supposed to, or that your recruiting game is fading. Nice move getting Smith on your staff, but you should've done like me and hired COACHES instead of hoping the Jr. high kids would follow him to HL! As for Woods and the "little loud mouth", they're two of the finest football coaches that no one has ever heard of in the Good Ole Boy System.

I can't coach? Funny, that's what the majority of people on these message boards say about you! I guess I just have all the athletes making me look good! The difference is, I know what to do with talent, it doesn't just get me to the playoffs, we advance past the first round. Beside, don't tell me you didn't see this coming! I've been working my butt off to get this program back on the map! You and others whooped my tail pretty good when I first got started, but since then, I've added a real staff and my boys have bought into the system. Yeah Armstrong coaches the defense, and he does a fine job, but since you know how to contact him also, you can ask him for yourself who runs the show!!

Now that I figured you out, get them boys ready, and enjoy the gate, cuz everyone is coming to see us at your place week 3!!!

Edited by TooSicks