Middle TN Umpires

hardhitn

about all you did ripper was add to the stupid stuff..........i am not an umpire but if i were i would have been offended by your condescending tone.......you are right about baseball deserving dedication and respect and if you watch baseball in district 8aaa as i do you would see that we have umps who take their roles in the game very seriously........as was previously posted there is not alot of junk that goes on in our games........they are very well ran as a rule.....

I guess I just can't win. As I said earlier, it was not my intention to offend or upset anyone. Also, I was in no way degrading anyone with the word stupid. I meant petty, trivial, or etc. Bad choice of words on my part. I apologize. I have not seen you guys work. From what I've heard on here you guys do a good job. Once again, nothing personal to anyone. If I came off a condescending at all I apologize for that too. CADET seeing the valid points that your defenders made, I guess I was totally wrong about your intentions. I apologize to you personally for that. I agree we should move on and enjoy the rest of the season!! Good luck to everyone!

Edited by jacktheripper

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I will be sick now..If you need to get on here and blow about some mythical professional all star career, then go ahead..I think the players in any level of ball need to learn that to get respect, you have to EARN it, not expect it just because of what you happen to do for a living..You totally missed the point but that is ok. I guess it is way beneath you to understand that the hs and juco umps try just as hard and in some cases do the job as well or better than some of you pros....By the way, if it is so much easier for you to understand and read the strike zone, why are you not still in the bigs or where ever your fantasy land happened to be?? How come it is that a baseball player can succeed maybe 3 out of ten 10 times and be a star ? What else in life could a person get that kind of money for and FAIL about 70% of his opportunities??? I think maybe playing the game with all that godgiven talent running out of a persons ears does make it just a simple game after all!!! After all Its only hitting running throwing and catching...thats all there is to it..As far as your being forgetful, I can only hope that someday you do remember what baseball is...Just a Game.

I'd be careful using words like "mythical" and "fantasy land" if I wasn't sure who I was talking about. I played with this guy at South Alabama, it was no fantasy. I won't comment on any of his opinions about umps, but he could smash!! I could always get him on a good change though. ha, ha!!

I'd be careful using words like "mythical" and "fantasy land" if I wasn't sure who I was talking about. I played with this guy at South Alabama, it was no fantasy. I won't comment on any of his opinions about umps, but he could smash!! I could always get him on a good change though. ha, ha!!

What's up man. Good to hear from you. Maybe a change in a fastball count. lol!!

How's Vickie doing? You guys still in Birmingham?

jacktheripper and sgt pepper do us a favor and get a plus membership it cost 12 for the year and yall can send each other private messages

thank you

Okay, I may do that. Why the fuss over the private messages though? I've seen them all over these boards.

Oh, and ripper Vickie is doing great. Still teaching school, and yes we're still in Birmingham. That's all I'll say in case I'm getting billed per word.

Okay, I may do that. Why the fuss over the private messages though? I've seen them all over these boards.

Oh, and ripper Vickie is doing great. Still teaching school, and yes we're still in Birmingham. That's all I'll say in case I'm getting billed per word.

well with the private message you could keep this conversation between the 2 of you and stay on topic with umpires or whatever the topic may be and you can be more specific because i the PM is just the 2 of ya

• 2 weeks later...

thanks for your brutal honesty jody..........i got a serious chuckle out of your answer!

I suggest that all you crit's either get in a real game or a practice game and put your self in these sit's, and then make you're comments, I think you're voice will be a little lower.......It's very easy to crit. somone when you don't have to answer the question......I personally think that all of you are chicken-shi& people......You don't have the nerve to do the job, but U can spread it......

I suggest that all you crit's either get in a real game or a practice game and put your self in these sit's, and then make you're comments, I think you're voice will be a little lower.......It's very easy to crit. somone when you don't have to answer the question......I personally think that all of you are chicken-shi& people......You don't have the nerve to do the job, but U can spread it......

i think if you will read the question i asked and jody's answer you will understand the context of my comment.....i have been around this game all my life and have even done some umpiring............my comment was intended to show an appreciation for a very candid and honest answer to a question i think alot of fans just might like to ask blue.......