Middle TN Umpires

hardhitn

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you will get more of a response on who the bad umpires are LOL

TRUE, TRUE, SAD ,BUT TRUE. RIVERDALEMAN...i have always felt that if nobody knows who the officials were after the game then they must have done a good job... The good umps still take a lot of undue grief during and after a game because they enforce a rule that they are correct about but all the PROFESSIONAL UMPIRES in the stands do not have a clue about...they just know the call went against them... I see it happen quite often...Just respect the guys in blue for the job they try to do and hope they do well at that job..Most try to do their best every time on the field.. Maybe the BAD ones will get better...Who knows, after all ..AINT NOBODY PERFECT

TRUE, TRUE, SAD ,BUT TRUE. RIVERDALEMAN...i have always felt that if nobody knows who the officials were after the game then they must have done a good job... The good umps still take a lot of undue grief during and after a game because they enforce a rule that they are correct about but all the PROFESSIONAL UMPIRES in the stands do not have a clue about...they just know the call went against them... I see it happen quite often...Just respect the guys in blue for the job they try to do and hope they do well at that job..Most try to do their best every time on the field.. Maybe the BAD ones will get better...Who knows, after all ..AINT NOBODY PERFECT

You are very correct.....What if they are not correct all the time?? I've been here for 26 seasons in HS baseball, and I've never had one come from the stands and take my place because he that sure of his call....

please don't... :P

That's correct....I just ask all of the one's who consider themself a good umpire to join the local association close to them, because we need all the help we can get.. Then we will not have all of those bad ump's they speak about..

You all know very well how bad we are, get off of you're dead ###### and show us how it is done.... I'm with the NWTBA Assoc., and we have a direct line for people to call and apply for the ump's job, it's 731-836-5446, call day or night, you're god given talent is appreciated... Please call soon......I am waiting..........

You are very correct.....What if they are not correct all the time?? I've been here for 26 seasons in HS baseball, and I've never had one come from the stands and take my place because he that sure of his call....

I am willing to bet that you never will see that..I was at a game tonite and the plate ump made a call, might I add, absolutely correct in his call, and the fans went nutso.. They were screaming and name calling and stuff like that because they had no idea in the world what had happened..The coach knew and didnt argue at all but the fans just kept on showing their lack of class and ignorance of the situation...I doubt if they ever will understand..It took a lot of guts to make a call like that in that game but he did and never backed down..HE WAS 100% CORRECT, because he knew the rules... plus he made that call without hesitation..he KNEW the rules... What was kind of funny is the fact that only one person on the entire side of the stands knew the ump was correct and he happens to be the former coach of that school...I always find it amazing that the fans always have more knowledge and clearly a better view of the play than the umps...simply amazing!! Edited by CUBCADET

dont worry i wont i like the men in blue LOL

I worked one last night that had a situation at home, which was a up and tight pitch to the batter, my plate ump had to make a split-decision call and was a foul ball, he thought that it hit the bat, all other thought the batter, now who is right?? He is still being burnt in heck, they still lost 5-0, no influence on the game so...

That's correct....I just ask all of the one's who consider themself a good umpire to join the local association close to them, because we need all the help we can get.. Then we will not have all of those bad ump's they speak about..

You all know very well how bad we are, get off of you're dead ###### and show us how it is done.... I'm with the NWTBA Assoc., and we have a direct line for people to call and apply for the ump's job, it's 731-836-5446, call day or night, you're god given talent is appreciated... Please call soon......I am waiting..........

i am not sure what association our umps come from here at coffee county........ but i think binns is the guy.........but overall the umpiring here is very good and very consistant.........do they ever miss a call?............sure.........but overall the games are ran very well, strikes and balls are usually pretty consistant.........in fact i think that tullahoma franklin county and shelbyville use the same association as well as other schools in our area......i am sure that some of the guys are better than others and some have a little different interpretation of the strike zone than others.......but consistantly we have very well officiated games...........

my son who plays has done little league games since he was 14 and i don't want your job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!........in fact i can't even go to the park when he calls hardly

Edited by riddlers

i am not sure what association our umps come from here at coffee county........ but i think binns is the guy.........but overall the umpiring here is very good and very consistant.........do they ever miss a call?............sure.........but overall the games are ran very well, strikes and balls are usually pretty consistant.........in fact i think that tullahoma franklin county and shelbyville use the same association as well as other schools in our area......i am sure that some of the guys are better than others and some have a little different interpretation of the strike zone than others.......but consistantly we have very well officiated games...........

my son who plays has done little league games since he was 14 and i don't want your job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!........in fact i can't even go to the park when he calls hardly

Central TN Baseball Umpires Association and yeah Binns is our illustrious leader. I feel that our association has some of the best umpires in the state. As matter of fact I think I'm the best umpire in the state that is missing the season due to a torn ACL. :thumb:

For those that know who I am, yes, not getting to umpire is killing me!!! Surgery is scheduled for May 5.

Central TN Baseball Umpires Association and yeah Binns is our illustrious leader. I feel that our association has some of the best umpires in the state. As matter of fact I think I'm the best umpire in the state that is missing the season due to a torn ACL. :thumb:

For those that know who I am, yes, not getting to umpire is killing me!!! Surgery is scheduled for May 5.

hey jody hope all goes well with your surgery and you are back calling next year.......who all do you guys call for??..........thanks for the info