Sequatchie County Indians

BallPark3434

From my standpoint the Sequatchie County Indians are very underrated. I beg to differ on what people outside the valley think. The Indians are competitors no matter what region they play in. Sure, there are some good teams in their region, but the matter of fact is they can compete with any of them if they give it their all. The level of their off-season and spring training efforts have went up tremendously! Of course, they lost a Quarterback and a very good Quarterback at that, but another fact is they have a young back-up ready to come out and take the position and run the offense. After a few games he will be broken in and shine like we all know he can. Rumor has it, the Indians also have a big help at the Linebacker position by a transfer from Chattanooga. Also a new wide reciever who's information will not be indentified. The point is, the Indians play alot of great teams and compete. They might not always win but they give it their all and it's making them better and it is turning them into a top shaped team. Further more I have to say that in the next few years you'll hear alot more about Sequatchie County.

Year of the Indians 06 :P

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From my standpoint the Sequatchie County Indians are very underrated. I beg to differ on what people outside the valley think. The Indians are competitors no matter what region they play in. Sure, there are some good teams in their region, but the matter of fact is they can compete with any of them if they give it their all. The level of their off-season and spring training efforts have went up tremendously! Of course, they lost a Quarterback and a very good Quarterback at that, but another fact is they have a young back-up ready to come out and take the position and run the offense. After a few games he will be broken in and shine like we all know he can. Rumor has it, the Indians also have a big help at the Linebacker position by a transfer from Chattanooga. Also a new wide reciever who's information will not be indentified. The point is, the Indians play alot of great teams and compete. They might not always win but they give it their all and it's making them better and it is turning them into a top shaped team. Further more I have to say that in the next few years you'll hear alot more about Sequatchie County.

Year of the Indians 06 :thumb:

I still think its to early yet to know just how good they can be since they have yet to step foot on the field for spring practice. I do think I know the LB you are talking about I think he moved in sometime in November right after last season. He seems to be a good kid from what I know about him. I don't have clue about the receiver all though I stated in the region 3-2A thread that the offense needs to find a secondary receiver to take the double teams off Bud Christy that is bound to happen if one can't be found.

Here is a post from November 12th, 2005 that I made about the upcoming seasons Indians team when someone asked how they might do.

"I think next years team could be pretty good but it will take a good bunch of those soon to be Sophmores and Juniors to step up and be leaders. There are several guys in that sophmores class next season who look like they could be very good by the time they are seniors so they need to step up and help the team win some games.

I will say this I think the coaching staff at Sequatchie Co. seem to know what they want to get accomplished but it is up to every player in that locker room to believe in that as well. They need to believe from the minute they step foot back in that weight room to start getting ready for next season that they can not only win game #1 but all ten of them! They also need to believe that before they step back on the field that every other teams record is (0-0) just like theirs and they can not only win a region title, and a playoff game but also have a shot at a State Championship.

I think that is something that cost them at times this past season well that and a fieldgoal kicker. The mental part of the game believing that they were just as good as anyone and that they could win every time they stepped on that field. Once they start to believe that as a team and a good one at that who knows what can happen! :thumb:

Did I mention we also need to find a kicker as well! :thumb: "

From reading what several of you have been posting of late it seems that a lot of what I mentioned then is happeing beleiving that you can beat anyone you lineup against and having confidence in each other and the coaches! I really like what I am hearing. :)

I think the Indians can be successful with the schedule that they have. They no longer play the East Ridge's and Polk County, and Grundy any more. They have a chance to do well with some early success. They are never going to be considered as "talented" as other teams but what they lack in talent the boys make up for in heart and effort. Good Luck Indians and Coach Armstrong.

I still think its to early yet to know just how good they can be since they have yet to step foot on the field for spring practice. I do think I know the LB you are talking about I think he moved in sometime in November right after last season. He seems to be a good kid from what I know about him. I don't have clue about the receiver all though I stated in the region 3-2A thread that the offense needs to find a secondary receiver to take the double teams off Bud Christy that is bound to happen if one can't be found.

I dont think its to early to say how good we can be. we are just so ready to step on the field and make an impact. The reciever situation has been taken care of. We actually have 4or 5 recievers that should get alot of touches to take the pressure of Mr. Bud Christy. The LB we have started at Soddy last season as a freshman. We are just ready to get on the field and play. Year of the INDIANS in 06 :thumb:

You guys played us hard in the first round last year. I could tell that the kids and the fans alike really love the game. Good luck in the up coming season.

Thanks BigOwlFan since we got blown out. a lot of our seniors didnt want to be there so the coach put in some underclassman. good luck next year hope we can meet in the third round <_<

I would like to give my opinion on S.C football

Last year i saw 1 game you guys played and payed close attention to all game reports. I will say this you guys had some talented players and a really good fan base,Also a good support throught S.C. With that said i would really love to see a valley team beat tyner! But until it happens all the valley teams in 3-2a will continuie to be UNDERRATED. Not to mention BOYD BUC. But i do see a valley team (or two) beating them in the upcoming years they will never be the powerhouse in 2-a ball that tyner is!

With all that said S.C. is a growing county and i agree with another poster on this site i think they will be in 3-a in next few years,But i hope the B.C._ S.C. Rivalry will remain!

With a young coach full of energy and a good supporting cast of assistants i think S.C will have a good chance of competing!

Edited by volhead

With all that said Sequatchie County is a growing county and I agree with another poster on this site. I think they will be in 3-A in next few years, But I hope the Bledsoe County - Sequatchie County Rivalry will remain!

In todays paper it had that the census Bureau had notified the County Executive that Sequatchie Co. has experianced the sixth highest percentage growth in the state.

It said that Willimason County was the highest with Rutherford County second.

While I don't really know what all that means it sounds like some of you are correct in the possibility of moving to 3-A with the next realignment. :ph34r:

I would like to give my opinion on S.C football

Last year i saw 1 game you guys played and payed close attention to all game reports. I will say this you guys had some talented players and a really good fan base,Also a good support throught S.C. With that said i would really love to see a valley team beat tyner! But until it happens all the valley teams in 3-2a will continuie to be UNDERRATED. Not to mention BOYD BUC. But i do see a valley team (or two) beating them in the upcoming years they will never be the powerhouse in 2-a ball that tyner is!

With all that said S.C. is a growing county and i agree with another poster on this site i think they will be in 3-a in next few years,But i hope the B.C._ S.C. Rivalry will remain!

With a young coach full of energy and a good supporting cast of assistants i think S.C will have a good chance of competing!

Tyner is a good team, but i dont think they will always be the 2a powerhouse. Boyd will come around just like in 1a, and when sequatchie moves in a couple of years Tyner will be faced with new teams and talent. with that said Sequatchie isn't moving up in a couple of years,and i dont think the valley teams will always be underrated.I think a valley team can win the reigon this year.Sequatchie has a young but very talented team, so therefore i can see that we can compete for reigon championship for the next three years.On the coaching staff we only have two remaing coach taylor left so we have two coaching positions to fill,but have been taken care of. Young but talented coaching. So the way i see it Sequatchie is set and ready to take the reigon, but the question is will they step up and take it. only time will tell. Year of the INDIANS in 06 :thumb:

Tyner is a good team, but i dont think they will always be the 2a powerhouse. Boyd will come around just like in 1a, and when sequatchie moves in a couple of years Tyner will be faced with new teams and talent. with that said Sequatchie isn't moving up in a couple of years,and i dont think the valley teams will always be underrated.I think a valley team can win the reigon this year.Sequatchie has a young but very talented team, so therefore i can see that we can compete for reigon championship for the next three years.On the coaching staff we only have two remaing coach taylor left so we have two coaching positions to fill,but have been taken care of. Young but talented coaching. So the way i see it Sequatchie is set and ready to take the reigon, but the question is will they step up and take it. only time will tell. Year of the INDIANS in 06 :thumb:

...Let me respond to your comments...The "RAMS" have the capability of always being a powerhouse team in 2A...some of what I say in the next few sentences I have said previously in other threads...in relation to Sequatchie, I have attended every game between these two teams since 1997...the "Indians" have always given us tough games...in my humble opinion a couple of things must happen in order for Sequatchie to take it to-the-next-level: first of all when the opportunity presents itself again, S.C.'s schedule must be upgraded...I realize that some of the 1A teams are "natural" rivalries, however it may hurt the team during the playoffs( 2005: 4-1 starting the season with four teams from 1A)...case in point: Boyd-B.'s record last year was 6-7, however the "Bucs" made it all the way to the quarter-finals and won in hostile territory against Smith Co....I truly believe the schedule prepared Boyd for that run in the playoffs(Baylor, Fulton, Red Bank, Cookeville all qualified for post-season)..."bigger" teams work as an advantage to a smaller teams(this applies to scheduling scrimmages also)...as for Tyner winning Region 3-2A this year...as you say only time will tell...if S.C. beats Tyner, I'll be the first one on here to congratulate you...I don't think that the Valley teams are underated, but until one them beats Tyner, the "RAMS" will continue to be the favorite in the pre-season...I am not bragging this is just my opinion and I'll let the Region titles speak for themselves!!!

...Let me respond to your comments...The "RAMS" have the capability of always being a powerhouse team in 2A...some of what I say in the next few sentences I have said previously in other threads...in relation to Sequatchie, I have attended every game between these two teams since 1997...the "Indians" have always given us tough games...in my humble opinion a couple of things must happen in order for Sequatchie to take it to-the-next-level: first of all when the opportunity presents itself again, S.C.'s schedule must be upgraded...I realize that some of the 1A teams are "natural" rivalries, however it may hurt the team during the playoffs( 2005: 4-1 starting the season with four teams from 1A)...case in point: Boyd-B.'s record last year was 6-7, however the "Bucs" made it all the way to the quarter-finals and won in hostile territory against Smith Co....I truly believe the schedule prepared Boyd for that run in the playoffs(Baylor, Fulton, Red Bank, Cookeville all qualified for post-season)..."bigger" teams work as an advantage to a smaller teams(this applies to scheduling scrimmages also)...as for Tyner winning Region 3-2A this year...as you say only time will tell...if S.C. beats Tyner, I'll be the first one on here to congratulate you...I don't think that the Valley teams are underated, but until one them beats Tyner, the "RAMS" will continue to be the favorite in the pre-season...I am not bragging this is just my opinion and I'll let the Region titles speak for themselves!!!

Dont get it wrong sequatchie respects tyner as a football program, dont think we disreguard all of the reigon championships.Also i respect you for keeping it clean and not being like some poeple on here. As for the schedule it has been changed kinda. we had to keep the same teams this year becuase saunders had already commited to them, but coach armstrong will make changes such as droping whitwell,silverdale,(droping dade for south pit),temple will be droped.stronger schedule next year. As for scrimmages we have 3 grundy,hover from AL,and one not decided.As for this year i think we can take the reigon,and l also think you for not calling us underrated.Like i have said alot on here time will only tell what sequatchie can do all i can say i hope teams dont take us lightly.Year of INDIANS in 06 :thumb:

who do you have returnig and is the team going to be good as last year or years before. i know its early but just some thoughts

I don't think Seq would move up and risk losing money games on their own, but the school growth may cause that. Part of the scheduling problem was that 3A had nine teams, so none of those were available, they all had to play their own region games first. Seq and the other 2A teams were left with six non-region games to fill. Temple was not a bad team even though they were 1A and I expect them to be even better this year even without the quarterback. Westmoreland is usually tough and Warren even though they lost a lot of games in a row they're still 5A, and they improved and got to the playoffs last year. The only team I wish wasn't on the schedule was Silverdale, but their new coach is regarded as one of the best around and who knows how much they'll improve now. I was told it was either Silverdale that week or an open date. South Pittsburg, Whitwell, played for obvious reasons. Seq did scrimmage Mt Juliet (W) and Baylor (L), athletes and size, still don't know how they didn't win more games but that's another topic.

Edited by Indian