Sequatchie County Indians

BallPark3434

From Sunday TFP:

Tennessee Temple earned the first playoff berth in program history last season and returns 13 seniors, including allstate receiver Seth Skogen (6-4, 225) and fullback/linebacker Josh Smith (6-2, 242). Skogen will enter this season as the city’s single-season and career receiving record holder.

Two senior transfers will fill offensive voids for the Crusaders. Eric Larson (6-2, 180), who came from Southeast Whitfield, will take over at quarterback, while Hixson transfer Micah Wright (6-5, 185) will join Skogen and Dee Newson at receiver.

"Micah is athletic enough that it allows us to put enough good athletes on the field to keep some teams from doubleteaming Seth," Crusaders coach Kevin Skogen said. "We were really wondering what to do at quarterback when Eric came to us. He can flat-out throw the ball, so we’ll be fine there now."

Silverdale Baptist also has a new coach, but one very familiar to this area. John Allen, who led Lakeview-Fort Oglethorpe to four straight playoff seasons and left after just one season at Bradley Central, takes over at a high school with an enrollment of about 150. "There’ll be some frustrations, but here I am again starting over," Allen said. "But I’ve got better athletes here than I had at Bradley last year. We know we’ll have to outwork folks, but so far everybody has a great attitude. We’re working to be competitive, but nobody has to worry about us yet."

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Playing Temple, Silverdale, and Dade Co. doesn't do too much toward getting Sequatchie ready for the 2A playoffs. SC really won't be tested until week six. The latter part of the season is tough, but the first half is weak.

Since you're going to ask about my team's (Boyd-Buchanan) non-region schedule, here it is: CPA; Baylor; Cookeville; Knox Fulton; Red Bank; S. Pitt.

I'd say that's tougher than Dade, Whitwell, Silverdale, Temple, Westmoreland, and Warren Co.

Playing Temple, Silverdale, and Dade Co. doesn't do too much toward getting Sequatchie ready for the 2A playoffs. SC really won't be tested until week six. The latter part of the season is tough, but the first half is weak.

Since you're going to ask about my team's (Boyd-Buchanan) non-region schedule, here it is: CPA; Baylor; Cookeville; Knox Fulton; Red Bank; S. Pitt.

I'd say that's tougher than Dade, Whitwell, Silverdale, Temple, Westmoreland, and Warren Co.

Polk, Meigs, Grundy and Tellico were former opponents. Three of those moved to 3A, and yes-they compare well to the current non-region opponents. Warren didn't before last season but now they do. I don't think I asked anything about Boyd. Everyone knows their schedule, it was repeated on here weekly last fall and repeated in the paper several times. It's a good schedule, you might even play teams from more counties than your players' total number of hometowns.

Edited by Indian

Sequatchie and Indian, I like seeing SCHS do well but you are crazy if you think peopole like Dade, Temple, and Silverdale come close to comparing to people like Polk, East Ridge( under Mack) and Grundy. I hope they do well but they are untested until region play. Good Luck Indians and Coach Armstrong.

Sequatchie and Indian, I like seeing SCHS do well but you are crazy if you think peopole like Dade, Temple, and Silverdale come close to comparing to people like Polk, East Ridge( under Mack) and Grundy. I hope they do well but they are untested until region play. Good Luck Indians and Coach Armstrong.

Temple last year was as good as Grundy the year before. Didn't see Grundy last fall. Warren was as good as Polk, more offensive weapons, as you'd expect from a 2,000 student school. Silverdale I'm think would give Tellico a good game. Don't know a lot about Dade. I'm not saying for certain it's a tougher schedule, but those teams and Westmoreland are better than some would think.

Temple was NOT as good as grundy. Warren was decent but year in year out no where near Polk and Silverdale was horrible. Westmoreland was a good team but you factor in a three hour bus ride and it kills you. Westmoreland is very good but Coach Saunders scheduled himself to have some wins and not just for rivalries or money games. Coach Armstrong said he is going back to those rivalry games when these contracts are up so we don't need to worry much about these teams after this year.

Temple was NOT as good as grundy. Warren was decent but year in year out no where near Polk and Silverdale was horrible. Westmoreland was a good team but you factor in a three hour bus ride and it kills you. Westmoreland is very good but Coach Saunders scheduled himself to have some wins and not just for rivalries or money games. Coach Armstrong said he is going back to those rivalry games when these contracts are up so we don't need to worry much about these teams after this year.

Temple was probably as good as Grundy too. We played and beat both, I don't think with Grundy's secondary they would have ever slowed Temple down. However, I don't think Temple would have been able to shut down the running game of Grundy. Plus Grundy doesn't have the ability to attract transfers to fill voids like Temple can, ie the kid from North Georgia, and Hixon.

I still think Grundy was a better team. Possum you and I both know that the Indians have a favorable schedule. I am not arguing success or failure. The schedule has been set up to win games. Coach Armstrong has said he will change the schedule to better prepare the Indians for their Region schedule and playoffs.

Temple was probably as good as Grundy too. We played and beat both, I don't think with Grundy's secondary they would have ever slowed Temple down. However, I don't think Temple would have been able to shut down the running game of Grundy. Plus Grundy doesn't have the ability to attract transfers to fill voids like Temple can, ie the kid from North Georgia, and Hixon.

Possum are you trying to say Temple is, heaven forbid, recruiting from these place? :thumb:

I will have to agree with warrior 2024 that the schedule was set up to win games. I did not get to see Temple play personally but I can't believe they were that strong. Trousdale scored 70 on them, granted we know trousdale was awesome last year and beat alot of teams badly but to give up 70 you could not be that strong. Also they are still a fledgling program who will get better over time. Anyway the thread is not about Temple it is about Sequatchie. The schedule was set up to win games i.e. Silverdale, Temple and Warren Co. Noone knew Warren was going to be as good as they were last year based on history. They are dropping South Pitt because of issues on and off the playing field not because of competition. I hope the valley foes get back to playing each other because of rivalry and location. Coach Armstrong, I feel will play a tougher schedule next year. Hope all is well in the valley good luck to all and have a safe and productive spring practice.

I still think Grundy was a better team. Possum you and I both know that the Indians have a favorable schedule. I am not arguing success or failure. The schedule has been set up to win games. Coach Armstrong has said he will change the schedule to better prepare the Indians for their Region schedule and playoffs.

I agree with you about the easier schedule, I know for a fact that Saunders was looking for wins. I still think Temple is a good team to play, because they make you do alot of thing you might not want to do on defense. They gave up alot of points I know, but they put 22 points on Trousdale last year. I have talked to some other coaches and we still have not figured out how to stop them. Anyway, are your guys excited about this spring, we are looking forward to having you guys out. Cannon County can really be proud of their kids and community, everytime we have met it has been a positive experience. I think you do a good job there and I think the program will continue to grow.