Sequatchie County Indians

BallPark3434

Possum are you trying to say Temple is, heaven forbid, recruiting from these place? :thumb:

I don't think so, I think it is more like a Temple parent talking to a family whose son might be second string to a player at like a 4 or 5a school, and they are told that if they go to Temple they would probably start. Case in point Smithison, at Rhea, the coaching staff went with the other guy and he went to Temple. He said it was politics but either way he went to Temple and did outstanding things. I think there are kids out there that think they can do the same thing. I think it was easy to see that really all Temple needs to have another good season was to have a good QB to come in and maybe a few more to add depth. Temple is doing a good job of selling their program and getting kids to come there and play. When Boyd parents jumped Green last year for making the comments about Boyd last year, that is what he meant, but it was twisted around. Boyd got a guy in there that did a good job of selling Boyd, and got kids to go there, I really feel like that is why these private schools are adding football because they see what football has done for Boyds whole program. We may have to start advertising ourselves Bill.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will have to agree with warrior 2024 that the schedule was set up to win games. I did not get to see Temple play personally but I can't believe they were that strong. Trousdale scored 70 on them, granted we know trousdale was awesome last year and beat alot of teams badly but to give up 70 you could not be that strong. Also they are still a fledgling program who will get better over time. Anyway the thread is not about Temple it is about Sequatchie. The schedule was set up to win games i.e. Silverdale, Temple and Warren Co. Noone knew Warren was going to be as good as they were last year based on history. They are dropping South Pitt because of issues on and off the playing field not because of competition. I hope the valley foes get back to playing each other because of rivalry and location. Coach Armstrong, I feel will play a tougher schedule next year. Hope all is well in the valley good luck to all and have a safe and productive spring practice.

Man you will probably know more about this than I, what happened to Union City getting beat 56-0 I thought they were better than that.

The only team I really see on the schedule that is a weak team is Silverdale and I think in several more years that could be debated? The only thing I know about Dade County is that they are a Georgia AA school and that they are supposed to have 35-40 returning players.

Who could we get to add to the schedule? They wanted to keep Grundy County but as has been mentioned all the 3A teams only have to open dates to fill and Grundy County has Marion County & Whitwell. Notre Dame a team I wouldn't mind seeing but they also have Marion County & Hixson perhaps the Irish will want another team besides Hixson after this season.

I really don't think you will see South Pittsburg back on the schedule for several years as they have been dropped from the schedules of both Basketball and Football for off/on the field stuff.

If you look to the local 4A & 5A region it has the same problem the 3A region does only 2 open dates for non-region games. I wouldn't mind seeing one game from that bunch perhaps White county or Rhea County or Red Bank or Hixson both teams SCHS has scrimmaged in the past several years and Hixson is a district opponent in basketball & baseball.

Next up would be Baylor or McCallie. Sequatchie played McCallie for several years during the early to mid 90's and I think hold a winning record against them and have scrimmaged Baylor in the past including last year.

In a couple of years you will have Chattanooga Christian in region 3-2A althought Sequatchie might be in the 3A region by then from what I am hearing. Plus you add the new school on Signal Mountain they might be a good rival team to play since they are not that for away but they could end up being a region team if they end up in 3A.

Edited by Sequatchie

Possum, On the UC thing, your guess is as good as mine. They were a better ball club than that, I visited with Satterfield earlier this year and he even said after seeing UC on film he felt it would be a close game. Trousdale was dominant last year that is a fact. I understand what Sequatchie is saying about schedule. With the AAA teams in a 9 team region it would be hard to schedule out of region games. I just wondered if The Indians tried to schedule Meigs or Polk instead of a Silverdale or Temple. I think if you look at it closely they are two thought processes in scheduling. 1. play a tough nonregion schedule to get playoff ready. This is good as long as you don't bite off more than you can chew and end up getting beat up physically. 2. Play a weaker out of region schedule because of the tough region schedule, Tyner, Marion Co. and Boyd Buchanan, to try and protect starters a little bit and stay healthy for the region games and playoffs. I think you need to play a solid schedule but try not to over schedule and hurt your team rather than help it. What do you other coaches think?

Scrimmages included Cleveland, Polk, Baylor, Mt Juliet. I'm wanting to say there was one more planned against a 4A type midstate team but it was cancelled, maybe that was the year before last though. True they weren't regular season but a couple of them were just before it. Westmoreland and Warren ended up really tough for a 2A Seq team, Temple was not bad at all, even if they were planned as 'cupcakes' they didn't end up that way. You also had nonregion Whitwell and S Pitt, always dogfights even if the score doesn't say so.

Edited by Indian

Possum, we are very excited about coming to Whitwell. Our kids are excited about leaving this part of the state and seeing civilization! Just take it easy on us because we have some major questions to answer like QB and FB. I can't wait. If you know of any assistant coaches looking for a move send them my way. I have one and a possible 2 assistant positions available with teaching slots of Dr. Ed, English, and Government.

Possum, On the UC thing, your guess is as good as mine. They were a better ball club than that, I visited with Satterfield earlier this year and he even said after seeing UC on film he felt it would be a close game. Trousdale was dominant last year that is a fact. I understand what Sequatchie is saying about schedule. With the AAA teams in a 9 team region it would be hard to schedule out of region games. I just wondered if The Indians tried to schedule Meigs or Polk instead of a Silverdale or Temple. I think if you look at it closely they are two thought processes in scheduling. 1. play a tough nonregion schedule to get playoff ready. This is good as long as you don't bite off more than you can chew and end up getting beat up physically. 2. Play a weaker out of region schedule because of the tough region schedule, Tyner, Marion Co. and Boyd Buchanan, to try and protect starters a little bit and stay healthy for the region games and playoffs. I think you need to play a solid schedule but try not to over schedule and hurt your team rather than help it. What do you other coaches think?

I agree.

Possum, we are very excited about coming to Whitwell. Our kids are excited about leaving this part of the state and seeing civilization! Just take it easy on us because we have some major questions to answer like QB and FB. I can't wait. If you know of any assistant coaches looking for a move send them my way. I have one and a possible 2 assistant positions available with teaching slots of Dr. Ed, English, and Government.

Just don't get lost in the big city of Whitwell, beleave me I know what you are talking about with major questions, and assistants. I have an opening but no teaching positions.

hey young coach B this is not walden its chase i just wanted to let you know that i am going to be signing with Union K.Y. prob this coming week and if youve tried to call my phone i dont kno whats been up wit it. and i broke my other one so i lost all my numbers. but i just wanted to let you know what was going on with me and if you get time anytime soon give me a call. there wanting me for strogn safety or OLB.

• 2 weeks later...