Trying to teach my son "submarine" style pitching

ccriders25

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In10, you may be onto something there. I know of the underwater technique with 50# weights, but I had only heard of it used on marathon runners. Something about it building up lung capacity and slowing your breathing rate down. I will study the ping pong method for my youngest, but will have to pass on the tetherball. Her lack of hand/eye coordination led to a nasty rope burn around her forehead last fall. Please pass on any other training notes you come by as off season training is only a few weeks away from starting as Middle School ends May 18th.

Oh no, you haven't started preseason off season yet? It may be too late!!!

But don't lose hope. There are special "vitamins" that you can get that will get her caught back up. She may balk at the daily injections at first but it won't take long before she's wanting two a day. (You'll probably need to sign her up for electrolysis and hormone treatment at the same time but it's worth it in the long run.)

If you really get worried, I know a guy who knows a doctor who can do some out patient surgery that's supposed to work miracles. It involves shortening a ligament or bone or something on the inside of the pitching arm. The doctor guarantees that the awkward angle this creates is hardly noticeable off the field (if the patient keeps his/her arm in a jacket pocket). Again though, regardless of what your child wants, it's really your decision.

On a completely different note, I sure hope I'm not the same person as cc, Slyder, E5, Old Timer, LC, and the rest. I've been taking my medicine faithfully and my shrink promised my other me's would go away if I did.

And cc,

We got your back.

Arm Problems Arm problems Arm Problems. Not smart unless it is his natural throwing motion and that is realllllly rare. Throwing like that is really hard on your elbow and you shoulder.

See there, CC, you have a really rare individual there in your son as you have made submarine style pitching his natural throwing motion. Hopefully, he will realize his potential, sign that big bonus contract and visit you whenever he is close to your state run facility. Maybe, in 20 years or so, he will still have enough money for you to enjoy it when you get paroled and can reap what you have sown.

Arm Problems Arm problems Arm Problems. Not smart unless it is his natural throwing motion and that is realllllly rare. Throwing like that is really hard on your elbow and you shoulder.

You are missing the point, and the point can be summed up in 3 words:

I B profen

You are missing the point, and the point can be summed up in 3 words:

I B profen

One can purchase many, many bottles of 'prof with a good signing bonus.

Anyway, a dad's gotta teach more than just baseball to his kids. Making them play through pain builds character.