West TN/Jackson Sun coverage

cutoff

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First, the Jackson Sun does better than the Tennessean does with high school sports. At least you don't have to compete with the Titans, Predators and big schools like MBA, BA and Riverdale. So be lucky for what you have, and also there is On the Ball magazine in West Tennessee.

Jackson Sun is a joke with Spring sports....look to your local county papers for stories on the teams (hopefully). The local Weakley County Press and the Dresden Enterprise do a good job in Weakley County....

...while On the Ball is good, it is not helpful when dealing with daily events!!!

Why buy a local newspaper if they do not cover local events. like local sports?

That`s true. I don`t buy the Sun. The best baseball coverage for West TN is found right here on the T. I learn more about what`s happening from this board than the Jackson Sun could even think of carrying. And if there`s something I don`t know then normally all I have to do is ask it on here and 99% of the time someone can answer it.

It`s just another reason why everyone needs to pay 12 bucks to be a Plus Member and do a small part to help coacht keep this website going. :thumb:

That`s true. I don`t buy the Sun. The best baseball coverage for West TN is found right here on the T. I learn more about what`s happening from this board than the Jackson Sun could even think of carrying. And if there`s something I don`t know then normally all I have to do is ask it on here and 99% of the time someone can answer it.

It`s just another reason why everyone needs to pay 12 bucks to be a Plus Member and do a small part to help coacht keep this website going. :thumb:

So true.

First, the Jackson Sun does better than the Tennessean does with high school sports. At least you don't have to compete with the Titans, Predators and big schools like MBA, BA and Riverdale. So be lucky for what you have, and also there is On the Ball magazine in West Tennessee.

I don't know what paper you are reading but the only thing you can find in the Sun is "Area Schedule" or "Area Results" and those are results that are called in...they are certainly not because Parrott or any of the other "sports reporters" have actually witnessed a game. I hate to burst your bubble but they report on the Titans and Grizzlies and the Diamond Jaxx for 99% of the sports pages.They are STILL reporting on basketball....screw baseball and softball. On the Ball is great but its just a preview and its only monthly....and the Sun wonders why very few people outside of Jackson buy the Sun. If it weren't for CoachT I wouldn't have a clue what was going on in west TN....sad really.

Wow, the Jackson Sun still refuses to cover high school baseball other than listing the scores. Is there something I am missing? How hard is it to give even a quick overview of games, standings or developments? Anybody want to start a paper with me?

The Jackson Sun had a good article on a soccer match Sat. 4/22/06, but the caption on the picture listed at least one of names of the players wrong.

The Jackson is the worst paper EVER....as far as baseball goes. There has to be something behind why sports reporters never stay long. I know for a fact that more info than what they put in there is being called in, yet they still only choose to put in a final score like Red 6 vs Blue 2.....I mean it really shouldn't take a no hitter or perfect game to get an article.

The Jackson is the worst paper EVER....as far as baseball goes. There has to be something behind why sports reporters never stay long. I know for a fact that more info than what they put in there is being called in, yet they still only choose to put in a final score like Red 6 vs Blue 2.....I mean it really shouldn't take a no hitter or perfect game to get an article.

Is there anyone from the Sun that looks at this board? Can we get some feedback? It is so obvious that maybe there was a freak accident involving baseball and someone from the sun that causes this discrimination. Maybe we can pool together and provide some therapy.