Best AA teams in West Tennessee? Who are they?

diamondd1pro

taylor ricks, dyersburg's hardest throwing pitcher hit 86 just one time against dyer county. dyersburg is not full over guys throwing 86. they have guys that throw low 80's but that's it tops. adam patterson is the only kid out of there for the last 3 years that threw upper 80's. and no kid there is as powerful as he was, right now that is. don't get me wrong dyersburg does have good pitching but it's not overpowering like jon white. they pitch smart though, hit their spots, and get groundballs. any way you can get a win is a good way.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

pitch smart though, hit their spots, and get groundballs. any way you can get a win is a good way.

Amen brother! <_< Many people tend to think that speed is what makes a good pitcher in High School. Don't get me wrong, it can help, but more important than speed, IMO, is being in control and hitting your spots. Pitch smart like that, and you will have a very dangerous staff on the mound, regardless what the radar gun says. :)

Back on topic, there are more quality AA teams in West TN than you can count on one hand. Covington, Ripley, Dyersburg, Milan, Lexington, USJ, Dyer Cty, etc... Any one of them could/might go all the way this year. To go all the way, it will boil down to who is mentally prepared and who wants it the most, as a team, not individuals. :lol:

Amen brother! <_< Many people tend to think that speed is what makes a good pitcher in High School. Don't get me wrong, it can help, but more important than speed, IMO, is being in control and hitting your spots. Pitch smart like that, and you will have a very dangerous staff on the mound, regardless what the radar gun says. :)

Back on topic, there are more quality AA teams in West TN than you can count on one hand. Covington, Ripley, Dyersburg, Milan, Lexington, USJ, Dyer Cty, etc... Any one of them could/might go all the way this year. To go all the way, it will boil down to who is mentally prepared and who wants it the most, as a team, not individuals. :lol:

Absolutely Jose. Throwing hard is great, but the best way to be effective is to force contact early and on the pitch you want to be hit. It takes control and command of different pitches to do that. I've seen a few hard throwing pitchers this year, but even fewer hard throwers that are polished. AA is very competitive this year. I agree any/all those teams should do very well. It will be fun.

One other thing.....

....Are you gonna pull them pistols or whistle Dixie???

I've seen a few hard throwing pitchers this year, but even fewer hard throwers that are polished.

One other thing.....

....Are you gonna pull them pistols or whistle Dixie???

I agree, "polished" is a fine description of a confident and patient picher. A polished pitcher in control of a game is a work of art to watch. :lol: I've seen a few this year, but have seen a lot more hurlers and chunkers. <_<

And one other thing......

......To heck with them fellas. Buzzards gotta eat, same as worms.

I agree, "polished" is a fine description of a confident and patient picher. A polished pitcher in control of a game is a work of art to watch. :lol: I've seen a few this year, but have seen a lot more hurlers and chunkers. <_<

And one other thing......

......To heck with them fellas. Buzzards gotta eat, same as worms.

Your right, a lot of throwers out there. Glad to see that USJ has at least three very polished starters. One is only 14 or so. Amazing!!

And one other thing.......

.........Pull them pistols real slow, like lases in the winter.

taylor ricks, dyersburg's hardest throwing pitcher hit 86 just one time against dyer county. dyersburg is not full over guys throwing 86. they have guys that throw low 80's but that's it tops. adam patterson is the only kid out of there for the last 3 years that threw upper 80's. and no kid there is as powerful as he was, right now that is. don't get me wrong dyersburg does have good pitching but it's not overpowering like jon white. they pitch smart though, hit their spots, and get groundballs. any way you can get a win is a good way.

You have not seen. Smith, Childress or Dickerson throw. One word....SMOKE. Ricks was clocked at 85-87 at a fall showcase at MTSU. Bring your Gun.