All Rutherford Co. team 2006

iceman11

After posting my 'All Rutherford County Team' Picks, I realized that I had neglected to mention Jasper Driskill, foreward and midfielder, Riverdale. He has great footskills, isn't afraid to make the big plays, is most definitely on my short list and is well-deserving of recognition.

My apologies to you, Mr. Driskill.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to disagree with some of you on your picks. I guess when I try to pick someone, I try to compare to other players on the field. So here it goes, Jasper compared to Shane Rollins or Dan Campbell. Each and every person deserves recognition, however, Japsper doesn't compare to those two soccer players. He is a very skillful player, with excellent foot skills, but I would not rate him up there with those two individuals. Jose, same thing, compared to Dan Campbell or Matt Reed, hard to say that he is a better midfielder or complete player. Jose very good on the ball and also has excellent foot skills, but speed is questionable. Lavergne's goalie hasn't been tested because of the defense of Austin Hayes and company, and when you compare him to James Holt and Paul Gilbert, he would definitely be in third.

Cory Willis definitely should be on the team, but would be even more awesome once he learns how to deliver the ball to his midfielders and forwards from the defensive position.

I hope I haven't hurt anyone's feelings, but as far as Jose and Jasper they will be top picks for the next two years in those positions for obvious reasons.

I have to disagree with some of you on your picks. I guess when I try to pick someone, I try to compare to other players on the field. So here it goes, Jasper compared to Shane Rollins or Dan Campbell. Each and every person deserves recognition, however, Japsper doesn't compare to those two soccer players. He is a very skillful player, with excellent foot skills, but I would not rate him up there with those two individuals. Jose, same thing, compared to Dan Campbell or Matt Reed, hard to say that he is a better midfielder or complete player. Jose very good on the ball and also has excellent foot skills, but speed is questionable. Lavergne's goalie hasn't been tested because of the defense of Austin Hayes and company, and when you compare him to James Holt and Paul Gilbert, he would definitely be in third.

Cory Willis definitely should be on the team, but would be even more awesome once he learns how to deliver the ball to his midfielders and forwards from the defensive position.

I hope I haven't hurt anyone's feelings, but as far as Jose and Jasper they will be top picks for the next two years in those positions for obvious reasons.

You do have to compare players, so if you are putting a team I think this is how it should go.

James Holt - Goalie

Griffin Tuggle - Sweeper

Patrick Compton - Defender

Cory Willis - Defender

Austin Hayes - Defender

Micah Morrissey - Midfield

Dan Campbell - Midfield

Matt Reed - Midfield

Jose Cruz - Midfield

Shane Rollins - Forward

Aliyu Sirga (sp?) - Forward

I think this would be a good all district team as well, but I haven't watch some of the other teams, especially not in our county. Bold should make all district!

Lavergne's goalie hasn't been tested because of the defense of Austin Hayes and company, and when you compare him to James Holt and Paul Gilbert, he would definitely be in third.

you must of missed the lavergne/brentwood game the kid had 25+ saves he also held hendersonville scoreless

if lavergne cuts the mistakes out they get a 1-1 tie with brentwood and a 0-0 tie with tullahoma

all lavergne needs is a center mid who can push the ball into the attacking 3rd and create scoring chances but thats their missing piece

Edited by mjuhb

you must of missed the lavergne/brentwood game the kid had 25+ saves he also held hendersonville scoreless

if lavergne cuts the mistakes out they a 1-1 tie with brentwood and a 0-0 tie with tullahoma

all lavergne needs is a center mid who can push the ball into the attacking 3rd and create scoring chances but thats their missing piece

Fair enough, I have only seen him play a couple of times in the beginning of the season. So that might be an unfair assessment, but when I did see him, I saw a couple shots go right through his hands, which could happen to anyone at the beginning of the season.

I find it interesting that many of the guys on everyone's lists are younger players, sophomores, mainly. Is that an indication of the strength of the teams coming out of Rutherford county in the next couple of years?

It could be. There is also a strong group of 91's that will be making an impact during the next 2-3 years.

if lavergne cuts the mistakes out they get a 1-1 tie with brentwood and a 0-0 tie with tullahoma

I saw the BW/LAV game. The goalie for Lavergne put on a show.

His punting of the ball needs much work,but i would take the trade-off.

STOP THE DROP-KICK :thumb:

micah morrissey (could be the best player in ruth. co)

shayne rollins (can put the ball in the net)

griffin tuggle (super smart player)

kennon todd ( has speed great sweeper)

jattoree haynes (has no help but still makin himsel noticed)

matt reed (most skilled player in ruth co.)

daniel campbell (always plays with 100% effort)

paul gilburt (dont get alot of time but he shines when he does)

patrick compton (very good young defender)

ben gracia (excellent ball control gots a nose for the goal)

jordan holmes (good 1on1 can play anywhere)

i havent seen lavergne play