GOLDEN TATE

popefan 21

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Father Ryan[/url] Wrestling' post='826035969' date='May 5 2006 - 11:16 PM']

If you think teams like the ones you listed dont already have players like Tate, you are blinded by your ignorance.

no u r just ignorant cause none of those players on those teams are top in the nation...he is not one of the top players in the nation for no reason...yeah those teams do have good players but nothin like tate..

Edited by popefan 21

All I will say is this

Reggie Bush 5' 11" 200lbs...40yd dash..4.35 returns kicks, punts, WR and Tail back as a JR in HS had 3135 all purpose yards & 34 touchdowns.

Golden Tate 5' 11" 180lbs...40yd Dash..4.42 Returns kicks, punts, WR and Tail back as Jr in HS had 2400 all purpose yards and 24 touch downs. Not Including his interceptions and punting

If on a scale of 1-100 Reggie Bush is a 95 than Golden has to rank around a 85-87 good enough to play on primetime Saturdays and I expect we will see him on Sundays as well.

Dhack

Okay, Golden Tate is a phenomenal player, but I don't believe you can compae him to Reggie Bush. Maybe once he gets two NC's, a Heisman Trophy, #2 pick in the draft, all before he's a senior in college, then you can compare them. If Reggie is a 95, there is no way Golden Tate is an 85-87. Like I said he's a phenomenal player, but Reggie Bush is almost inhuman.

Okay, Golden Tate is a phenomenal player, but I don't believe you can compae him to Reggie Bush. Maybe once he gets two NC's, a Heisman Trophy, #2 pick in the draft, all before he's a senior in college, then you can compare them. If Reggie is a 95, there is no way Golden Tate is an 85-87. Like I said he's a phenomenal player, but Reggie Bush is almost inhuman.

I agree Reggie is almost inhuman. The most exciting Player I have ever seen on a football field. I have watched many of Tates Games and he is the most exciting HS palyer I have seen in some time.

with a little research I found ESPN has Tate ranked with a grade of 83 for the class of 2007, if he has another star season I'm sure that grade will increase.

Maybe not to the Rare Prospect level of a Reggie Bush, but good enough to play for any top level DI team that has a shot at a NC

80-89: Outstanding Prospect

Player has the ability to create mismatches against most opponents. He is a player that could be a contributor as a true freshman.

90-100: Rare Prospect

Player demonstrates rare abilities and can create mismatches that have an obvious impact on the game. Is a player that has all the skills to take over a game and could be an impact player as a true freshman

http://insider.espn.go.com/ncf/recruiting/...d2007%26set%3d2

All I will say is this

Reggie Bush 5' 11" 200lbs...40yd dash..4.35 returns kicks, punts, WR and Tail back as a JR in HS had 3135 all purpose yards & 34 touchdowns.

Golden Tate 5' 11" 180lbs...40yd Dash..4.42 Returns kicks, punts, WR and Tail back as Jr in HS had 2400 all purpose yards and 24 touch downs. Not Including his interceptions and punting

If on a scale of 1-100 Reggie Bush is a 95 than Golden has to rank around a 85-87 good enough to play on primetime Saturdays and I expect we will see him on Sundays as well.

Dhack

Hey come up for air. Lets not compare him to Bush. Let him be Tate, and see what happens.

All I will say is this

Dhack

WOW!! Being compared to Reggie Bush when your just a Junior in HS is not bad. Bush is Bush and Tate is Tate. I have seen Bush play and he is a freak. I have watched Golden play the past two years EVERY game and he is a freak as well. It is going to be a lot of fun next year watching this young man play. If anyone has not seen him play you REALLY need to come watch him play!! IT'S WORTH 5$ :huh:

Ok, the guy from Father Ryan should just quit hatin on Tate. If he is not the best prospect in the state, then who is? There may be a better WR out there, but can that same guy run the ball like Tate? If there is a better back, can he play WR like Tate? The thing that makes Tate such a high recruit is not mainly the numbers, it is his versatility, the guy does everything. If you haven't seen some of his highlights then find a way to see them, some of them are unbelievable. Especially what he did at the end of their game against Goodpasture. Plus the guy puts up great numbers, he is quick, and is a match-up nightmare. Maybe not a Reggie Bush, but is still darn good. And the guy can't help who he plays for or against, all he can do is go out there and play his best against the team that is out there, so stop hatin.

Ok, the guy from Father Ryan should just quit hatin on Tate. If he is not the best prospect in the state, then who is? There may be a better WR out there, but can that same guy run the ball like Tate? If there is a better back, can he play WR like Tate? The thing that makes Tate such a high recruit is not mainly the numbers, it is his versatility, the guy does everything. If you haven't seen some of his highlights then find a way to see them, some of them are unbelievable. Especially what he did at the end of their game against Goodpasture. Plus the guy puts up great numbers, he is quick, and is a match-up nightmare. Maybe not a Reggie Bush, but is still darn good. And the guy can't help who he plays for or against, all he can do is go out there and play his best against the team that is out there, so stop hatin.

Nicely put BHS 05. If anyone wants a highlight film I'm sure you could get your hands on one. I have seen Tate's highlight film and it's pretty freaky!! :thumb:

• 2 weeks later...
Volunteer[/url]General' post='826061806' date='May 31 2006 - 08:58 PM']

Can you tell us a bit about his dad? Where did he play? First I have heard about his dad playing ball.

Thanks

VG

His dad, Golden Jr., was a hellofva football player. He set and still holds WR records from 1984 at TN State University and was later drafted by the Indianapolis Colts. He later played in the USFL, but unfortunately injuries and other issues ended his career. Golden III's parents are divorced and the dad resides in Atlanta.

MAC