Murfreesboro Strikers 90 / U-16 Boys

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Two of the players will be attending the World Cup in Germany during the State Cup, two other players will be playing with another team, and three others quit completely. We just don't have enough players to participate.

The past couple of years have been filled with so many changes in our team (different coaches, different coaching styles, different formations, etc) that it has been difficult to make the kind of progress that we had intended. The opportunities to learn and develop as an individual have been there, but coming together as a team and winning tournaments is hard to do when you're changing so many contributing factors.

There has been some talk of combining the 89's and the 90's to form a new team for the coming season, but I don't know if that's a definite.

Those of us that are serious soccer players may be trying out for different teams in the mid-state area this summer, with those that are ready to 'call it a day' doing just that.

How are the other 90 D-1 and D-2 teams looking for next season?

Two reasons:

First the Murfreesboro Soccer Club who cares nothing about select soccer, which is why it's run by parents instead of them. Hopefully one day someone with enough money and resources will come in and say enough is enough and just like TNFC did many years ago will branch off and have an outstanding recreation program as well as a select program, but that's a whole different subj.

Second reason is a coach, now assistant coach who did not let go of our team and still refuses to let go. A coach who is a very good person and loves kids, but is not qualified to take teams to the next level just wouldn't give up the team. People know he formed the team and people know he's a great person to be around and loves soccer, really really loves soccer, but just couldn't get rid of his rose colored glassess on what kind of coach he really was. He develop some good players, but if he had let the team go 4 years ago and let a more qualified, non-parent coach take over and just went to the side lines and enjoy his son, our team mate, this team could be competing in the premiere league and giving TNFC, KFC and MFC a run for thier money. Don't get me wrong, I know he formed this team and it's a tough thing to do, but give me a break. Hopefully, if he is coaching is youngest son and his youngest is as good as his eldest, he will know when to let go this time.

Two reasons:

First the Murfreesboro Soccer Club who cares nothing about select soccer, which is why it's run by parents instead of them. Hopefully one day someone with enough money and resources will come in and say enough is enough and just like TNFC did many years ago will branch off and have an outstanding recreation program as well as a select program, but that's a whole different subj.

Second reason is a coach, now assistant coach who did not let go of our team and still refuses to let go. A coach who is a very good person and loves kids, but is not qualified to take teams to the next level just wouldn't give up the team. People know he formed the team and people know he's a great person to be around and loves soccer, really really loves soccer, but just couldn't get rid of his rose colored glassess on what kind of coach he really was. He develop some good players, but if he had let the team go 4 years ago and let a more qualified, non-parent coach take over and just went to the side lines and enjoy his son, our team mate, this team could be competing in the premiere league and giving TNFC, KFC and MFC a run for thier money. Don't get me wrong, I know he formed this team and it's a tough thing to do, but give me a break. Hopefully, if he is coaching is youngest son and his youngest is as good as his eldest, he will know when to let go this time.

Good grief!!! Isn't it time we stopped beating this dead horse. We as parents have only ourselves to blame for this team falling apart.

Good grief!!! Isn't it time we stopped beating this dead horse. We as parents have only ourselves to blame for this team falling apart.

I am not sure about the whole parents are to blame thing. One thing is for sure, is no one should call out anyone in a forum or a post such as this! No one's to blame, because it won't change anything!

Edited by BlackmanSoccerDad

Two of the players will be attending the World Cup in Germany during the State Cup, two other players will be playing with another team, and three others quit completely. We just don't have enough players to participate.

The past couple of years have been filled with so many changes in our team (different coaches, different coaching styles, different formations, etc) that it has been difficult to make the kind of progress that we had intended. The opportunities to learn and develop as an individual have been there, but coming together as a team and winning tournaments is hard to do when you're changing so many contributing factors.

There has been some talk of combining the 89's and the 90's to form a new team for the coming season, but I don't know if that's a definite.

Those of us that are serious soccer players may be trying out for different teams in the mid-state area this summer, with those that are ready to 'call it a day' doing just that.

How are the other 90 D-1 and D-2 teams looking for next season?

TNFC 90 will be pretty good, they have picked up three new players in January Ozvaldo Faire and Daniel Tackling from KFC Crush and Patrick Kelly from Tenneessee United, who all play ODP.

Teams fall apart as the players get older...it's a proven fact. I don't think any blame can be placed on any coach or coaches. Players outgrow their teams, and teams outgrow their players. It happens, and when it happens, people have to move on and find a better fit for their skill level. Everyone just has to understand that these things are not personal and in no way should reflect poorly on the team and coaches that are being left behind.

Teams fall apart as the players get older...it's a proven fact. I don't think any blame can be placed on any coach or coaches. Players outgrow their teams, and teams outgrow their players. It happens, and when it happens, people have to move on and find a better fit for their skill level. Everyone just has to understand that these things are not personal and in no way should reflect poorly on the team and coaches that are being left behind.

Well said!

TNFC 90 will be pretty good, they have picked up three new players in January Ozvaldo Faire and Daniel Tackling from KFC Crush and Patrick Kelly from Tenneessee United, who all play ODP.

How will that work for training sessions? I mean, it's quite a commute from Knoxville to Franklin 3 to 4 times per week.