State Champions

MiddleTNSoccer

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brentwood, Houston, Science Hill, Farragut

I haven't been able to see all of these teams play this season. For those of you that have, who's best and what are their strengths and/or weaknesses?

Good group, but if you are grouping teams that have a legit shot at being in the final game, I would not overlook the HHS commandos.

I was Referring to CAK, CCS, Knox Catholic, and Notre Dame as the big 4 in A/AA

and Your right Brentwood hasnt played a very tough schedule and ive heard good things out of hendersonville, and Houston so they are definetly contenders

Farragut and Science hill are both great teams, and im a fan of science hill but i got to be realistic, they dont have the depth to win this year, great starting 11, and one of the best attackers in the state, but i dont see them winning, i hope im wrong

Guest Number8

I think Bretwood,houston,SH, & farragut all have a shot at the title. I think it will come down to WHO REALLLLY wants it the MOST.

I agree. I think they are doing very well so far. Who would you have to beat to get to sectionals and state?

well bigG... we will play sheffield in regional finals if all goes expected(which it should) and i saw sheffield at best of the west, i expected so much more, but i think we should handle sheffield pretty easily, and in sectionals we would play usj! our bitter rivals, so you cant expect us to win or lose that one, it will be close, but i am really hoping we make it to state, this is madison's only shot at it, it probably wont happen again future of madison's guys soccer team, madison will only have 4 starters remaining next year... so i am just hoping for the best this year... but good luck to CAK hope to see you guys there

Of those big 4 in A/AA, I am going to predict (maybe its more of a hope than a prediction) that one of them does not get to state. I think you will see Portland surprise either Notre Dame or Chattanooga Christian in the sectionals, should Portland win their region, which they should. From what I have seen on the season and the different teams I have seen play, Portland is the best team in the state that no one knows about. If they get the sectional at home, I think they move on to the state and leave one of the big dogs at home.

Edited by smittygk00

portland will not win region or district

I am curious as to who you think will stop them? Station Camp has the only real chance, and that game could go either way. Livingston is the only other team that will challenge for region, but since I have not seen them play, I am going to predict based on their most recent commone opponent - Wilson Central, who beat LA 3-0, but tied Portland 1-1 thanks to big saves by their keeper. It's easy to make empty comments... give some depth that validates a comment like that. I am quite interested in your thoughts.

Edited by smittygk00

I think it is AAA Hendersonville and A/AA CAK's to lose. They have a little bit better talent but of course that doesn't win games all the time. D2 is the one that is wide open imo. There are about 9 teams that can compete well on any given day. Brentwood Academy beat a solid McCallie team which demonstrates the parity in this division.

The easy pick is CBHS but I'm going to say BGA will pull it out this time. With that said, the interesting thing in the middle is that between MBA, PJP2, Father Ryan and BA, two of these teams won't even make it to state.

QUOTE(Mental16 @ May 2 2006 - 08:43 PM)

Man, I dont know who you been talking to but SCIENCE HILL is going to win STATE this year!!!!! I dont care what other teams are out there that are as good or better than them; I just know that THEY are winning it.

Noone , but noone can guarantee who will win what. But I bet you are wrong. Teams have a way of blowing their own future when they are supposed to win.

And I think the Toppers may have started to do that last night