State Champions

MiddleTNSoccer

QUOTE(Mental16 @ May 2 2006 - 08:43 PM)

Man, I dont know who you been talking to but SCIENCE HILL is going to win STATE this year!!!!! I dont care what other teams are out there that are as good or better than them; I just know that THEY are winning it.

And I think the Toppers may have started to do that last night

What happened? :thumb:

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am curious as to who you think will stop them? Station Camp has the only real chance, and that game could go either way. Livingston is the only other team that will challenge for region, but since I have not seen them play, I am going to predict based on their most recent commone opponent - Wilson Central, who beat LA 3-0, but tied Portland 1-1 thanks to big saves by their keeper. It's easy to make empty comments... give some depth that validates a comment like that. I am quite interested in your thoughts.

Im sorry but I just dont see Portland going to state. Prove me wrong though

Im sorry but I just dont see Portland going to state. Prove me wrong though

I know it is a long shot, but I tried to make it clear that I think they will go ONLY IF they win their region and get to host the sectional. I do not see them making it if they have to travel to Chattanooga to pull off the upset. This is by far the best team Portland has ever produced; they have skill, speed, and great senior leadership that will make them dangerous. It will be difficult for them to knock off one of those Chatt. teams, but if they host, their chances are drastically improved.

A/AA-I am saying CAK and Knox Catholic in the championship and CAK by 1 for four times in a row!

Govols you may be right. I think Catholic and CAK are very even though. However, after what happened with Catholic this past weekend against CCS I have to say that they could be a real threat in states. A/AA is wide open and if anyone thinks they have a walk in that division they are in for a rude awakening. I'm gonna go ahead and back my boys though and say Catholic will win state and bounce back from their loss to CCS. It's hard to beat a good team twice, especially in the post season.

• 2 weeks later...