Who will win 1A Mr Football

timbdp

Pujo,

After watching last years winner of the 1A award I'm sure you like me would agree that it was a no-brainer. Only problem was TC maybe should have had co or tri winners of the award in the back category!

Anyone who would argue those kids weren't the best either didn't see them play or were looking thru blinders.

AMEN

• Replies 641
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe I confused you coach NoWay. I'll digress!

I named off several players on teams that will advance past rd. 2 in the playoffs and whose names will fill the headlines by touching the ball 20 -30 times per game compared to Seth's 10-12. Some of these players will score 25-35 td's this year while a "Great" year for a receiver would be 100 touches and 15 td's. How can voters for this award overlook guys who will garner 1,500 plus yards rushing, 300 plus yards receiving, and 30 td's by voting for a receiver who will touch it 100 times in a season and maybe score 15 td's?

By the way as Temple gets in to their season and Skogen starts to get some recognition what will his coach do when opponents load up to stop him with double or triple coverage? Keep throwing his way? Risk winning the game so that your star WR gets his touches? I think not.

Like I said earlier, I'm sure Seth is a great player. The problem is in the position he plays (WR). Not his talent! I will not argue that he might be the state's best WR in 1A but players like Dailey, Rickaway, Vestal, Rucker, Morris, Springer and others will simply out touch him on their way to Tennessee's Mr. Football.

I wish him the best of luck this seson and in the future. B)

dont forget about those players from south pitt who put up bigger numbers that a couple of these kids your naming and so.pitt will probably go to state this year like Robert Robinson #24 who rushed for under 1400 yards in seven games his sophmore year and is well on his way to do better this year

GO PIRATES

Well Adam OJ Townsend lit it up again he had 3 carries for 135 yards, 5 catches for 90 yards and a punt return for 58 yards he touched the ball 4 times and scored 4 times. He had 5 td's in all, this kid is a freak! He has 382 yards rushing on 32 carries and 7 td's in two games. And I like how he has thanked his line and backs. This seems to be a good kid.

Jellico is terrible- Adam seems like a great player....what he did in the loss is more impressive than anything he did against Jellico....

I'll pump skogen once more- he had 7 rec for 184 yards and a td against a very good valley squad.... that's 14 rec, 386 yrds, and 4 tds in 2 games...and two quality wins....

One play against Valley he broke like 6 tackles on one play- it was beastly....he was also on a recruiting trip to UT this weekend....

Jellico is terrible- Adam seems like a great player....what he did in the loss is more impressive than anything he did against Jellico....

I'll pump skogen once more- he had 7 rec for 184 yards and a td against a very good valley squad.... that's 14 rec, 386 yrds, and 4 tds in 2 games...and two quality wins....

One play against Valley he broke like 6 tackles on one play- it was beastly....he was also on a recruiting trip to UT this weekend....

He sounds like a great player (Skogen) Temple plays Unaka this week Rt. And whats up backyard? Is Cosby that good.

Well...skogen continues to impress he had 11 receptions for 166 yards and 3 tds....bringing his numbers to 25 rec, 500+ yards and 7tds in 3 games....that's impressive...

Very Impressive Stats. Good luck to him but I'm still a little weary of a WR beating out RB's and QB's. However, if keeps up this pace it might be possible.

Either way, WOW, he must be a great talent! :lol:

I'm going with Seth Skogen of Tenn Temple in Chattanooga at this point.

He has 24 receptions in 3 games for 618 yards (6 TD)(206 yds. pg).

Temple won't advance far enough into the playoffs for skogen to win it. If he had great stats as a RB or QB or LB then he might a Mr. Football nomination without going into the playoffs far, but regardless temple will not go far enough to for him to win it.