Who will win 1A Mr Football

timbdp

• Replies 641
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting.... does he play on the defensive side as well?

WHo does bd play for?

Adam plays both ways, he,s a hitter. BD plays at Coalfield and he,s as good as advertised. You can't never tell who is going to win these awards. It all comes down to sportswritters and with both of these kids being from the East, their votes will be split up, I doubt either one gets it.

Do you really think he is better than Skogen?

On defense, yes. On offense, judging a running back compared to a reciever is hard. Davis,... Say if your the coach and you tell him we NEED 3 yards for the first, he'll get you 3 yards no matter what... See Townsend is so hard to tackle because he is quick and elusive. Davis is so hard to tackle because, well. he's so hard to tackle. He's so strong, and he never quits on a play till he's down. I've seen him have two, three, even four defenders trying to bring him down and he'll still be going.

Difference in Townsend and Davis, little when running the ball. Davis will absolutely punish one for getting in his way ask the Oz boys how they were tackling him in the fourth Friday.. The big difference is the balance Davis has as an all around player. He leads in sacks on D nearly every year in the Knoxville area, that is not the Morgan Co. or District but KNOXVILLE. That means he is in on a lot of plays on D. He is never "fresh" when he goes to offense, can't be as he is having contact constantly on Defense. He doesn't play in the defensive backfield, but up front. Then he has to run the ball next series. Huge stamina. 281 yards Friday night against an AA perenial powerhouse in the area on 39 carries. Several tackles, with some behind the line.

As for Townsend, he is fast, got some heart. But again, not as impressive as the Fullback was last year. He was a man amoungst boys. I could run behind his blocking using a wheel chair. Also, he could carry the mail. Good ball player.

i think you just see potter (the fullback) on one of his best games when you seen him, he was a great player but until you see townsend play every week you dont know how good he really is, probably the same with me and davis. i havent seen him play every week, i'm just going by the game i saw.

On defense, yes. On offense, judging a running back compared to a reciever is hard. Davis,... Say if your the coach and you tell him we NEED 3 yards for the first, he'll get you 3 yards no matter what... See Townsend is so hard to tackle because he is quick and elusive. Davis is so hard to tackle because, well. he's so hard to tackle. He's so strong, and he never quits on a play till he's down. I've seen him have two, three, even four defenders trying to bring him down and he'll still be going.

Yeah, that play happened right in front of me against you guys. We still haven't figured that one out on either side. He is now stronger, and as quick. Difference now, if you have a sure hit on him, he will have a sure charge at you full speed head down. He was murder Friday night.

I believe If Joel Essenburg from TCA stays healthy and continues playing the way he has so far, there is no question he shouldnt be considered. 5 picks, over 400 yards of total offense and numerous tackles through three games vs. good opponents is pretty impressive. Ill get back to you on the correct stats. This guy is for real, ask JCS, USJ, or West Carroll!