A/AA state tourny

madisonLB

I will admit that the east has owned A/AA. Its in black and white, but this year a team from the west is going to give everyone a run for thier money. that team is Madison. the team is a combination of many great club and ODP PLayers and w have all been playing together for about 6 years and others for more than 10 years. the chemisrty is great and so is the team. If all of you east Tennesee teams are going to come into our game being ignorant and cocky.....I only dare you.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will admit that the east has owned A/AA. Its in black and white, but this year a team from the west is going to give everyone a run for thier money. that team is Madison. the team is a combination of many great club and ODP PLayers and w have all been playing together for about 6 years and others for more than 10 years. the chemisrty is great and so is the team. If all of you east Tennesee teams are going to come into our game being ignorant and cocky.....I only dare you.

NONE of the east teams are talking any smack. Not ONE! The people who are doing all the talking about the east teams are just stating their opinions, and are not with those squads. How many times do we have to say we respect the teams out west?!

NONE of the east teams are talking any smack. Not ONE! The people who are doing all the talking about the east teams are just stating their opinions, and are not with those squads. How many times do we have to say we respect the teams out west?!

I'm not a player or anything. No team is going to talk smack becuase they all know anyone can get beat on any given day. Any smart player knows that in any sport. Like BigG pretty much said, people are going to state opinions and thats mine. I hope that the west brings some good competition to the boro this year to make it interesting, just like the east wants to catch the west in basketball <_<

G i think i might maek the trip to the boro to watch teh state tourney this year, we will have to meet after a game so you can finally meet the slacker who posts from work.

how is sitcha going to fit in? I mean I watched yall win the best of the west and I could tell yall had built some great chemistry, so...whose spot does sitcha take? Is he going to be more of sub or what?

YOUR KIDDING ME RIGHT?? I cannot believe that you still think West Tennessee has no soccer talent whatsoever... you have never seen a team from the west play apparently. Why are teams still discriminated against just because they are from the West? As far as I know, you have a weaker schedule than some of the teams here. I believe all the teams in the state have an equal chance to make a run for the title of State Champs... Regardless of West, Middle, or East Tennessee.

2005 A/AA State Final: CAK vs. Chatt Christian

2004 A/AA State Final: CAK vs. Lenoir City

2003 A/AA State Final: CAK vs. Chatt Christian

Just going by the facts. Knox Catholic has also been to state in D2 the past 5 or 6 years in a row. The numbers don't lie. CAK for one is peaking now, and they will be a dangerous team in state. Look for a possible matchup with Catholic in the state final. I never said the West was weak, but teams like Madison who hope to prove themselves need to build consistency so they too can become like the CAKs and the Catholics. Who's to compare the East vs West? YOU CAN'T COMPARE THEM. The schedules and everything are so different.

Well Sichta is an offensive player who player either forward or midfield. He may take Post's spot up top, which would result in Post playing midfield. The spot he may take will probably be David Carney, but I may be mistaken. Michael has ggood chemistry with our team. He's been playing forward with me for 11 years. He is also left footed which is a great +. His eligabilty will be valid on our game this Saturday at the Distict Championship. may all the teams in Tennesse play thier hearts out these next few weeks. :thumb:

2005 A/AA State Final: CAK vs. Chatt Christian

2004 A/AA State Final: CAK vs. Lenoir City

2003 A/AA State Final: CAK vs. Chatt Christian

Just going by the facts. Knox Catholic has also been to state in D2 the past 5 or 6 years in a row. The numbers don't lie. CAK for one is peaking now, and they will be a dangerous team in state. Look for a possible matchup with Catholic in the state final. I never said the West was weak, but teams like Madison who hope to prove themselves need to build consistency so they too can become like the CAKs and the Catholics. Who's to compare the East vs West? YOU CAN'T COMPARE THEM. The schedules and everything are so different.

Madison will not have any other shot in State for a long time. This team is made up of Seniors and some Juniors. This is Madison's only shot.

I've got to agree with my boy LCSoccer on this one. The eastern side of the state has been dominant in A/AA for about 4 to 5 years now. I think those last 3 finals matchups are good indicators. Besides, the last year Ridgeway, a western powerhouse, was in A/AA they lost in the first round to Lenoir City. The results just plain and simple speak for themselves. As for BigExpress, he is absolutely right. There are no attacks being made on this site. People are merely stating opinion. Finally, as for discrimination against the western side of the state, what a bunch of garbage. No one discriminates against the west. In fact, I'd say the west has more respect across the board over the last decade in soccer than any other region of the state. Everyone pretty much already admits that CBHS is the best team in the state, and Houston has the respect of everyone in AAA. Until a western team does what Ridgeway did out of the west in A/AA again, no one can be blamed for not thinking a west team will win. As for my predictions for this years tournament. I believe it will be an all east final again. Any combination of CAK/Catholic/CCS is my prediction depending on how the brackets turn out. I'm going to say Catholic wins it all, but only if they come ready to play. A/AA is no walk by any means.

Edited by IrishLegacy

Does anyone know the Loudon vs. Anderson County score?

Hey Coach - Loudon 4 - AC 2

AC played a much better game this time around, but still a few players short of competing with the better teams. With only one Senior, and one Junior, it's like playing with a JV squad.

Props to Loudon, they played well.

Good luck on your run to state. We will be watching.

Hey Coach - Loudon 4 - AC 2

AC played a much better game this time around, but still a few players short of competing with the better teams. With only one Senior, and one Junior, it's like playing with a JV squad.

Props to Loudon, they played well.

Good luck on your run to state. We will be watching.

Thanks! And thanks for the info. We need to be ready for all of our games, and not think ahead of ourselves.

One benefit of playing with a young team, is that you won't lose a whole lot for the next season! Good luck, and we will see you next year!

I'm not a player or anything. No team is going to talk smack becuase they all know anyone can get beat on any given day. Any smart player knows that in any sport. Like BigG pretty much said, people are going to state opinions and thats mine. I hope that the west brings some good competition to the boro this year to make it interesting, just like the east wants to catch the west in basketball :lol:

G i think i might maek the trip to the boro to watch teh state tourney this year, we will have to meet after a game so you can finally meet the slacker who posts from work.

LOL!! thanks for clearing that up! the west has at least two teams (madison and D-burg) who are really wanting the trip to state this year. Most have worked hard for 5 or more years and are ready to make their mark. But you are right-the East has the history and the stats so why would anybody look too far beyond? The west will just have to put up or shut up. It's also sad that this year is our one good shot at it. So after this year it will probably go back to the middle and the East winning state (in a/aa) for a few more years but hey...watch out for the '93's--in about 4 more years you will be hearing from that group. and I know of a few 1st and 2nd graders who in 7-8 years will also be ready to go!! :lol: