GVILLE AND CTOWN

How...and why have you changed your tune so quick about the Owls play?

I never changed my tune....owls played good...the best team won...it could have been a bigger margin....D played good at times... No O.. no win... A little Football 101... Turn-overs hurt.. Turn-overs to a good Team KILLS.. WE found out the hard way last year :rolleyes:

• Replies 773
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never changed my tune....owls played good...the best team won...it could have been a bigger margin....D played good at times... No O.. no win... A little Football 101... Turn-overs hurt.. Turn-overs to a good Team KILLS.. WE found out the hard way last year :rolleyes:

I agree rattlesnake, Thats exactally what happened. You made no excuses for the team, and said the better team won. You are a true sports fan. Yes. last year SC had the better team over GV. I said it then and now. Friday night will tell the story again. It should be a great game. I dont see a blow out happening this year. The best team will win, bottom line. Mistakes are part of a teams ability to play.

KC is very very good. They definitely are contenders for the 3a title. They made some mistakes just like SC did. That's to be expected in the 1st game of the season.

Hummmmm...isn't Friday the Kitties 1st game?

KC is a good team no doubt.... What is a contender? This early in the season 10 or 12 teams in each class could be a contender... If Carthage beats Gordonsville will that make them a contender for 2A? No... If Gordonsville beats Carthage will that make the Tigers a contender for 1A? Yes :) The Tigers are looking for a game Friday night.... We know the Owls will bring it.... And by the way we beat Dekalb Co. last night 21-13... only played 2 qtrs... DC is not a contender :thumb:

KC is a good team no doubt.... What is a contender? This early in the season 10 or 12 teams in each class could be a contender... If Carthage beats Gordonsville will that make them a contender for 2A? No... If Gordonsville beats Carthage will that make the Tigers a contender for 1A? Yes :) The Tigers are looking for a game Friday night.... We know the Owls will bring it.... And by the way we beat Dekalb Co. last night 21-13... only played 2 qtrs... DC is not a contender :thumb:

A contender is what Knoxville Catholic is this year in 3A. Take that to the bank.

The Tigers actually have to line up and play someone now. I feel like their preseason schedule may have been a tad weak. Only logical excuse for any resemblance of success. DeKalb Co. always tough :thumb:

I don't see any change in the pattern of events in this series. The Owls romp again. Probably by 20 or so.

The Tigers actually have to line up and play someone now. I feel like their preseason schedule may have been a tad weak. Only logical excuse for any resemblance of success. DeKalb Co. always tough :thumb:

I don't see any change in the pattern of events in this series. The Owls romp again. Probably by 20 or so.

G-ville's preseason schedule was anything but weak. They scrimmaged Collinwood, Cascade, Moore Co., and all of them have a chance to win their region this year. Gordonsville also scrimmaged Davidson Academy, the defending DII state champion.

As for Dekalb County, they are better than last year, but they'll still probably finish last in their region. G-ville put up 21 points on them in the first quarter. I don't expect a romp by 20 or so. Whoever wins, I believe it will be by less than 7.

I agree rattlesnake, Thats exactally what happened. You made no excuses for the team, and said the better team won. You are a true sports fan. Yes. last year SC had the better team over GV. I said it then and now. Friday night will tell the story again. It should be a great game. I dont see a blow out happening this year. The best team will win, bottom line. Mistakes are part of a teams ability to play.

Who said KC wasn't the best team? I think that is obvious. The injuries did hurt. That is obvious. Would KC have won anyway? Yes They were doing well before the injuries happened. When you lose your qb and probably best linebacker in the 1st quarter...it takes time to adjust even if you have capable backups. You can correct mistakes. You can't correct players on the sidelines. Those are not excuses...those are facts. The backups did do a very good job. Like I said before...KC is very very good. They were a 12 point favorite. They won by 17. I wouldn't think an average 2a team could pound a 1a contender. We'll see.

G-ville's preseason schedule was anything but weak. They scrimmaged Collinwood, Cascade, Moore Co., and all of them have a chance to win their region this year. Gordonsville also scrimmaged Davidson Academy, the defending DII state champion.

As for Dekalb County, they are better than last year, but they'll still probably finish last in their region. G-ville put up 21 points on them in the first quarter. I don't expect a romp by 20 or so. Whoever wins, I believe it will be by less than 7.

Division II A is weaker than DI 1a. To win that division is not much of an accomplishment. DCA and FCS both pounded them. As for the others...it's difficult to tell this early. I think Dekalb is better...but obviously not much better.

Edited by Antwan

An average 2A team wouldn't be ranked in the Top 10. Imallin got to say it before I did........but speaking of two word comebacks........How about.......

........TWENTY POINTS

Wake up Sleeping Beauties.....there's not ONE D1 prospect in Gordonsville. Not ONE....Much less 5. I know Coach Medley is a good coach. The Tigers already have a great bunch of coaches. But they're not Miracle Workers. If I remember correctly......you same few thought you were gonna wipe the field with us last year after our Week 0 loss.......How did that work out for ya?

Do I think it will be a good game? DEFINATELY

Do I think it will be over by the start of 4th Quarter? DEFINATELY

Edited by bigreid