Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They're talking about it everyday right now on sports radio. They're not accusing him of it yet but it seems like they are just dying to find a reason to!

THE SQUAD ;)

He did not put on huge size like some other power hitters did. However, in today's wordl, the media tries to associate steroids with almost anyone who stands out in hr production.

He did not put on huge size like some other power hitters did. However, in today's wordl, the media tries to associate steroids with almost anyone who stands out in hr production.

I dont think Pujols is on roids, but how can you bash the media for doing that after Brady Anderson cracks 50 in 1996 as a leadoff hitter, then averages 15 a year for his final 6 seasons! :rolleyes:

25 and counting.....

And what is amazing is the percentage of his contributions in clutch situations. From a Post-dispatch article:

The sheer mass of Pujols' numbers is enough, but when he has posted them is almost as startling as how many. Eleven of Pujols' home runs have provided the Cardinals a lead, and 16 of his 64 RBIs have been the go-ahead run. Thirteen have been the game-winner. He has the game-winning RBI in 11 of the Cardinals' past 24 victories, and while his 25th home run puts him on pace for this and in the hunt for that, it's the RBIs that are most garish.

The more important the situation, the more the guy delivers!

Number 24 today baby. MVPujols is just marvelous. They'll end up walking him before long though and I figure he'll end up with about 60 but with a gazillion RBI's if Luna and Eckstein keep playing good in front of him. :)

I don't think that he will be walked as much as people think. Edmonds and Rolen are right behind him. Of course Edmonds hasn't been a great threat this season, but Rolen is on top of his game. I don't think he will be walked much with less than two outs.

25 and counting.....

And what is amazing is the percentage of his contributions in clutch situations. From a Post-dispatch article:

The more important the situation, the more the guy delivers!

no doubt that he is one of the best players in the game and a great player. I am hoping to get to St. Louis this yr.

he is on pace to hit 82 home runs this season, but I doubt that will happen. i imagine pretty soon that they will start pitching around him as would said earlier. if he does not break the single season record this season, he will break soon, as long as he stays healthy. He should also give Aaron, Bonds, and Ruth a good run(that was weird to type, it has always been Aaron and Ruth)