Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

Too bad he can't pitch--Should have worked on his pitching while he was out.

Geez, I don't know whether to be happy or sad they are slumping right now. They have looked horrible the past week. I don't have a clue to what is going on with the pitching staff.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Word has it the Cards may be looking into picking up Jeff Weaver.....all I know is that they are in a funk I've not seen since the late 90s.

Sorry but the older Weaver isn't very much better than they have right now....The younger Weaver would be a great addition though, but I doubt the Angels would part ways with him....But I did think it was funny when the Angels sent Jeff to the Minors to call up Jered.... :lol:

Sorry but the older Weaver isn't very much better than they have right now....The younger Weaver would be a great addition though, but I doubt the Angels would part ways with him....But I did think it was funny when the Angels sent Jeff to the Minors to call up Jered.... :lol:

ACtually, they designated Jeff for assignment and brought Jered back up! Jeff needs to pitch for a small-market team that doesnt have all the hype surround them, thats where he has been most successful in his career!

As for the Cards, I dont have a problem with them, but I have been telling everyone on here and every Cards fan I know that the Astros will win the division and everyone keeps laughing, I even had a stros fan laugh at me when I said that, but guess what? Here come the Stros just 4 game out now and fixing to play a big series again the Cards that could go along way in the outcome of this season and you can bet the Cards will see both Clemens and Oswalt and possibly Backe!

As for Pujols, he is the best player in the game, but with his size he will have some injuries in his career which may keep him from making a run at the career HR record!

ACtually, they designated Jeff for assignment and brought Jered back up! Jeff needs to pitch for a small-market team that doesnt have all the hype surround them, thats where he has been most successful in his career!

As for the Cards, I dont have a problem with them, but I have been telling everyone on here and every Cards fan I know that the Astros will win the division and everyone keeps laughing, I even had a stros fan laugh at me when I said that, but guess what? Here come the Stros just 4 game out now and fixing to play a big series again the Cards that could go along way in the outcome of this season and you can bet the Cards will see both Clemens and Oswalt and possibly Backe!

As for Pujols, he is the best player in the game, but with his size he will have some injuries in his career which may keep him from making a run at the career HR record!

I got to admit, I thought you were crazy, but if the pitching staff doesn't pick it up soon, the Cards won't be playing in October, and for that matter, nor will I want them too.

In all honesty, the offense doesn't worry me. Yes, it would be nice to have a household name at second or in left, but our platoon in left and Miles and 2nd has faired all right. Chris Duncan, J-rod (wondering where his pop last year has gone - does make me wonder.....), and Taguchi are getting it done, and Encarnacion is slowly but surely starting to play like I thought he would in right.

We need another starter unless Mulder is going to come back lights out, which I don't see happening. Bottom line is how much does ownership want a title and are they willing so let Jocketty do what he does best and pull off some jaw-dropping move to get a legit 1 or 2 man? The NL is weak, and with a couple of moves the Cards can make a team perfectly capable of winning the pennant and then just pray for Series miracle.

I just dont think Weaver is the answer! The Cards and Reds seem to be sliding a bit right now and I expect the Astros to take full advantage of it!

I can guarantee you he's not the answer. And this series wit the Astros couldn't haev come at a worse time.