Alcoa beat Austin East

DEION

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rankin is a winner and he'll make a championship school even better :D

Yes, and they did it without some key contributors like Lanxter, Shiverdecker, Hicks, Stultz, Hodge, etc. Coach Rankin told some folks recently that the runningback depth is just crazy for a school as small as Alcoa.

Yes, at Catholic Thursday May 18th.

Hopefully I can make this one sense I missed the A-E scrimmage.

Who, started at RB for Alcoa in the A-E scrimmage?.............Actually could someone do a quick run down of the kids that got valuable playing time with the other players still competing in other sports?

Sounds like they did a great job also! ;)

Thanks

-BlountCountySportsFan

Who, started at RB for Alcoa in the A-E scrimmage?.............Actually could someone do a quick run down of the kids that got valuable playing time with the other players still competing in other sports?

Sounds like they did a great job also! ;)

Thanks

-BlountCountySportsFan

Daryl Tate was the Tailback. I was in Alcoa today and the folks I talked to said he has bulked up and looked really good. Alcoa was missing 14 players according to the folks I talked to and they are close to the program. They have a lot of talent at runningback.

Yes we will be very deep at RB. Chris Shiverdecker was an 1,000 rusher last year, FB James Stultz ran for 600 yards, and Jr., Troy Hodge, Jr. Cameron Battles and Sr., Darrell Tate, will all get plenty of carries this year, plus we have a QB that isn't afraid to run either.

Sounds like they did a great job also! :ph34r:

Thanks

-BlountCountySportsFan

Darrell Tate was outstanding at running back during the scrimmage, running through several tackles. Randall Cobb, QB, took his first snap since October. He was a little rusty at first, but as time went on, he developed his rhythm and looked very good. I believe he threw 3 TDs to Brian Sommer, two of which were 40 yds or more. He also looked good on pitches and runs.

Defensively, Rae and Bobby seemed to be everywhere. JD also had some good hits. Alex Green made a couple of good plays, also. Brian had an interception. Alcoa was burned twice on long passing plays, however. Considering we played without both safeties (Lanxter and Thompson), two LBs (Hicks and Hodge), 2 WRs (Lanxter and Thompson), and 5 RBs (Shiverdecker, Hodge, Battle, Stultz, and Hicks), I'd say it was a pretty good day!

Darrell Tate was outstanding at running back during the scrimmage, running through several tackles. Randall Cobb, QB, took his first snap since October. He was a little rusty at first, but as time went on, he developed his rhythm and looked very good. I believe he threw 3 TDs to Brian Sommer, two of which were 40 yds or more. He also looked good on pitches and runs.

Defensively, Rae and Bobby seemed to be everywhere. JD also had some good hits. Alex Green made a couple of good plays, also. Brian had an interception. Alcoa was burned twice on long passing plays, however. Considering we played without both safeties (Lanxter and Thompson), two LBs (Hicks and Hodge), 2 WRs (Lanxter and Thompson), and 5 RBs (Shiverdecker, Hodge, Battle, Stultz, and Hicks), I'd say it was a pretty good day!

Thanks! Great info. How is the depth chart @ QB?