2006 TACA All-Star Game

TheGreatLineJudge

Rosters are posted below.

2006 TACA All Star Matches

Thursday, June 22, 2006 @ 6:00 pm (A/AA) and 8:00 pm (AAA) CST

Centennial HS- Franklin, TN

Come out and see some of our state's most talented girls in their final match before their collegiate debuts.

If anyone needs directions and/or particulars about the venue, please post or e-mail me. Hope to have a good crowd!

Edited by TheGreatLineJudge

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We have rosters! A very special THANK YOU! to Mrs. Catherine Neely from East Ridge for sending these to us.

AAA - EAST

Emily Boydson, OH - GPS

Lauren Britton, MH - Riverdale

Christy Cotter, MH - Ootlewah

Lauren Crawford, OH/Setter - Sullivan South

Stephanie Cutter, Setter - Siegel

Laura Grese, Libero - Sullivan South

Amanda Horenkamp, OH - Siegel

Jenny Loveday, Setter - Farragut

Jessica Morrison, Setter - Bradley County

Melyn Thompson, OH - GPS

Hillary Valdez, Setter - Cookeville

Head Coach - Wendy Ratliff, Sullivan South

Asst. Coach - Angel Babeley, Maryville

AAA - WEST

Christen Aldridge, OH - Cordova

Stephanie Carr, MH - Father Ryan

Nicole Ferguson, OH - Brentwood

Dana Goodson, OH - Brentwood

Courtney Koupal, OH - Franklin

Abbey McKay, Setter - Brentwood

Casey Slagle, Setter - Collierville

Lauren Thompson, MH - Germantown

Renee Zeringue, Setter - Germantown

Marcie Zorzoli, OH - Germantown

Head Coach - Barbara Whitaker, Germantown

Asst. Coach - Janet Daleke, St. Benedict

A/AA - EAST

Tiffany Baker, Setter/OH - East Ridge

Cassie Bradshaw, Libero - Greenbrier

Brittany Carter, OH - Anderson County

Brittany Eason, Setter/OH - Boyd Buchanan

Rachel Forbes, Setter - Knoxville Catholic

Paige Goins, OH - East Ridge

Maggie Haddock, OH/MH - East Ridge

Kelly Harrison, OH/MH - Webb School of Knoxville

Ashley Rutherford, Setter - Webb School of Knoxville

Head Coach - Mike Jones, Knoxville Catholic

Asst. Coach - Catherine Neely, East Ridge

A/AA - WEST

Carrie Clemmons, OH - St. Benedict at Auburndale

Lara Heist, Libero - USJ

Kristen Howell, OH - Briarcrest

Leah Olivares, OH - Page

Amelia Owens, OH - BGA

Taylor Parrish, OH - Harpeth Hall

Jenna Rice, Setter - David Lipscomb

Joanna Suddeth, Setter - USJ

Janay Yancey, MH - Spring Hill

Head Coach - Valorie Baker, Harpeth Hall

Asst. Coach - Sue Hansen, USJ

• 2 weeks later...

Well I'm back from NC, PHargis. I've been on the coacht baseball board most recently, but post on basketball as well during that season. I try to take the summer off to work on my house and truck and visit my relatives in NC. It will good the see the players and parents from the various teams whose seniors will be playing at the TACA All-Star matches. After looking at the rosters, I know quite a few from both classifications. I'll try to take some photos of the players and can send them out by email if anyone wants any. I'm really looking forward to VB next season as I believe Page will do well with the returning players and some new faces as well. An upcoming Freshman from Page Middle looks like she will have a positive influence in the middle and played well in Page's tournament last season when Page Middle had to fill in when another team dropped out, I think. Remember the name of Nicole Smith when you see Page play in the fall. She could be the next Katie Arvidson in my opinion.

• 3 weeks later...

The AAA match was great fun last night.

I was VERY disappointed at the size of the crowd, in fact, I wouldn't even call it a crowd. Is it the day? time? admission? I would have thought, at the LEAST, we would have had lots of upcoming players (from local clubs) come out to watch the state's stars. My own was excited to be there even after 10 hours of vb camp (in an unairconditioned gym)...

Since camp didn't end until 6pm (and we're 45 minutes away) daughter and I missed the A/AA game but drove in for the AAA match.

I was sorry to see Dana Goodson go down on that knee again in the first game. I almost cried knowing how badly she wanted to end her career on a high note. How disappointing for her and her parents.

I would be interested in learning more about some of the players though. Can anyone tell me where Lauren Thompson will be playing in college? I was awed by her jump serve -- consistent and with perfect form. I can't tell you how many serves she made (lots and lots) but only missed one in 4 games.

The AAA match was great fun last night.

I would be interested in learning more about some of the players though. Can anyone tell me where Lauren Thompson will be playing in college? I was awed by her jump serve -- consistent and with perfect form. I can't tell you how many serves she made (lots and lots) but only missed one in 4 games.

You can look under the Prospect / Signees at the opening page but I believe she is going to Memphis.

Edited by VballDaddy78

The 20th Annual TACA All-Star Volleyball Matches played at Centennial HS in Franklin ended with the West squads winning both matches. In A-AA, the West won 3-1 (30-32, 30-28, 30-28, 30-17) and the West won again in AAA 3-1 (23-30, 30-23, 30-26, 30-21), but I don't think anyone really cared about the scores. These matches are mainly social events where the players and parents see each other for the final time as the players move on to life after high school.

I thought the A-AA match was very well played as indicated by the close scores, but the AAA match had a lot of errors as the players were not in sync. It's hard for the coaches to have a cohesive squad with limited practice time and some players playing out of position. Still the matches were enjoyable to watch as all the players made good efforts even though some had not played in a while. I talked briefly with A-AA East Asst. Coach Catherine Neely of East Ridge as she stated this is the beginning of next season of volleyball even though it is the final match for the outgoing seniors participating. She is looking forward to her upcoming camps where she will develope her team for the coming season. I'm sure East Ridge will be a force in A-AA once again by the time we reach the post season. Coach Neely has coached since the beginning of volleyball in the state for 42 years. I'm looking forward to attending the Choo Choo again this season in September.

There are several good articles in "The Tennessean" by Jeff Lockridge and Tom Kreager so I suggest you read them for more info on the matches. It was good to see them and other reporters at these matches and I hope they continue their coverage in this coming season.

It was also good to see the many parents I have met over the past years as I have followed their daughter's play. For some, this was the final match for their daughters as they move on to other interests in college and life. For others, it's the beginning of college careers for their daughters and I wish them much success. I will try to follow how they do as I continue next season to follow the remaining high school players. Good luck to all and I hope to see you during the camps in July and the Brentwood Blast Off on August 18 and 19.

Edited by PageMan

These were two really fun matches. The A/AA match was extremely competitive and neither team really ever gave up a point. The match time of 2 1/2 hours for a 4 gamer should say something. AAA was a very good match, too. I never realized how dominating Lauren Thompson is, but wow. Her jump serve was extremely consistent and just... dominating!

As PageMan said it so well, nobody really cares about who wins, it IS a final fun time with our "all-stars" before college kicks in. It serves as a reminder to me why I love this game and how much work the girls really do to reach this level. I was pleased to see the Tennesseean present and interviewing players after the game.

Another season is unofficially under way!

Edited by TheGreatLineJudge

• 4 weeks later...

These were two really fun matches. The A/AA match was extremely competitive and neither team really ever gave up a point. The match time of 2 1/2 hours for a 4 gamer should say something. AAA was a very good match, too. I never realized how dominating Lauren Thompson is, but wow. Her jump serve was extremely consistent and just... dominating!

As PageMan said it so well, nobody really cares about who wins, it IS a final fun time with our "all-stars" before college kicks in. It serves as a reminder to me why I love this game and how much work the girls really do to reach this level. I was pleased to see the Tennesseean present and interviewing players after the game.

Another season is unofficially under way!

Did the b-wood girl hurt her knee again or just sprain it? I haven't heard the result of her injury? I hope she is ok.

Announcements