Who Has the best football players

Texas by far, Florida just as close. Let me say that although TN would be as low the Dakotas in producing the # of Blue Chippers, the City of Memphis alone puts out quite a few "Sunday" football players. It's been said the kids from Memphis typically do OK at the college level, but do extremely well at the Pro level.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Texas by far, Florida just as close. Let me say that although TN would be as low the Dakotas in producing the # of Blue Chippers, the City of Memphis alone puts out quite a few "Sunday" football players. It's been said the kids from Memphis typically do OK at the college level, but do extremely well at the Pro level.

My opinion on the Top 5 metro areas as far as athletes.

Houston, Tx

New Orleans, La

Miami, Fla

Atlanta, Ga

San Diego, Ca

California hands down has more talent than any state in the country. I was watching a special on O.J. Simpson(who is from Soutern Cal) and they said then you find more talent on one block in southern california then you could in the entire U.S. And for Texas, the state is made up more of tradition rich football programs rather than top notch ahtletes.

Florida is probally the next state with the most. The Orlando area produces great athletes of every sport.

In my opinion and some others at USA Today and HS NFL the top ten ranking would be.

Texas

California

Florida

Pennsylvania

Mississippi

Michigan

Maryland

Georga

S. Carolina

Ohio

I think Tennessee would be in the top 20, I am sad to say. Some programs in Tennessee have set the state on the map, but over all colleges and the pro's look to the above states for top talent.

EASY ANSWER TEXAS. RATIO TO POPULATION IS MISSISSIPPI for colleges.

I agree Mississippi. The best Receiver to ever play in the NFL came from Mississippi (Jerry Rice Mississippi Valley State), the best running back to ever play in the NFL came from Mississippi (Waltor Payton Jackson State) and two of the best QB in the NFL in their prime came from Mississippi (Brett Favre Kiln, Mississippi University of Southern Mississippi) and Steve Mcnair (Mount Olive, Mississippi Alcorn State)

I agree Mississippi. The best Receiver to ever play in the NFL came from Mississippi (Jerry Rice Mississippi Valley State), the best running back to ever play in the NFL came from Mississippi (Waltor Payton Jackson State) and two of the best QB in the NFL in their prime came from Mississippi (Brett Favre Kiln, Mississippi University of Southern Mississippi) and Steve Mcnair (Mount Olive, Mississippi Alcorn State)

WOW dude good points but also if you watched the rose bowl you would have the rose bowl EVERYONE for Texas was from Texas EVERYONE for U.S.C was from California {besides 2}one of them was from Ten.and played at Gallatin the other was from Texas [imagine that]

well I like the list of the metro areas. San Diego county has been the best at producing good running backs. (Marcus Allen, Rashan Salaam, Terrel Davis, Ricky Williams, Reggie Bush) 3 out of the 4 are heismann winners. Plus Junior Seau grew up in San Diego. In other sports, Ted Williams and Tony Gwynn are from San Diego. Arguably the 2 best hitters EVER in baseball. Florence Griffith Joyner was from San Diego. So there are heismann trophy and Super Bowl MVP winning football players, MVP winning baseball players, and Olympic Gold Medalists. Not bad!!!

My top 3 would be

Florida

Texas

California

I would say th Per Capita before Katrina = Louisiana

You might want to check those figures, because it is widely known that per capita, PA puts out more than any other state, before or after Katrina.

Just the Southwest corner of PA produces more college and pro football players than any state does as a whole with the exception of CA, TX and FL. That's just because of sheer #'s.

You might want to check those figures, because it is widely known that per capita, PA puts out more than any other state, before or after Katrina.

Just the Southwest corner of PA produces more college and pro football players than any state does as a whole with the exception of CA, TX and FL. That's just because of sheer #'s.

Not figures. It was my opinion. I don't waste my time digging up statistics.