Who Has the best football players

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i agree wit mostly evry1 but TN may not have as many blue chippers as other states but that dont matter....i mean look at how many top draft picks have been failures and look at how the low numbered picks r good like tom brady or some1....TN may not be the best but hey we're southerners we can think we're the best if we want oo and we can be the best if we want too cuz we're from the south lol

NFL Players by State/Country

State/Country

Players

California-198

Texas-173

Florida- 169

Georgia-84

Ohio-65

Pennsylvania-65

Louisiana-62

Virginia-56

North Carolina-53

South Carolina49

Illinois-47

Mississippi -47

Alabama-46

Michigan-45

New Jersey-44

Washington-37

New York-34

Missouri-29

Arizona-26

Maryland-24

Tennessee-23

Wisconsin-21

Indiana-21

Oklahoma-19

Colorado-18

Arkansas-17

Massachusetts-17

Oregon-14

Iowa-13

Kentucky-13

Canada-11

Kansas-11

Minnesota-11

Nebraska-11

District of Columbia-10

The rest is 10 or less :lol:

www.nflhs.com/news/featur...01_sim.asp

click on the state and it will list everyone from that state. :lol:

Edited by theosu_2

I agree Mississippi. The best Receiver to ever play in the NFL came from Mississippi (Jerry Rice Mississippi Valley State), the best running back to ever play in the NFL came from Mississippi (Waltor Payton Jackson State) and two of the best QB in the NFL in their prime came from Mississippi (Brett Favre Kiln, Mississippi University of Southern Mississippi) and Steve Mcnair (Mount Olive, Mississippi Alcorn State)

steve mcnair was never, i repeat NEVER one of the best quarterbacks in the NFL. even in his so called "prime" he was only mediocre at best. he blew his one chance at a superbowl by making rookie mistakes in clock management (heck, Jim kelly lost the superbowl 3 times and no one gives him half the credit that they give mcnair, shouldn't jim kelly be considered 3X the player mcnair was?)and it will forever be beyond me why he was "given" a co mvp without even coming close to matching Peyton Manning's stats that year. at the very best he was nothing more than a "media darling". he can hardley be considered the best at anything in his career, other than milking trivial injuries. :lol: and texas has the best tradition, Kali-FORNya produces the most abundance of bluechip athletes, but i think the largest % of pro athletes(football) comes from the southern most states, collectivly. Florida has the most "athletic" players in the nation wether or not they make it to the higher levels of the game is questionable, but i think that's where the most "gifted" players in the country generally are, IMO :lol:

Edited by snoball5278

Unapproved Website, one of the more respected sources for ranking and evaluating football talent at the high school level, announced their "5 Star" ratings for the coming season.

No one from Tennessee is rated a 5 Star.

Unfortunately, for at least this year, this state will not produce any noteworthy talent on the national level.

Edited by fromthetop2

• 2 weeks later...

In my opinion and some others at USA Today and HS NFL the top ten ranking would be.

Texas

California

Florida

Pennsylvania

Mississippi

Michigan

Maryland

Georga

S. Carolina

Ohio

I think Tennessee would be in the top 20, I am sad to say. Some programs in Tennessee have set the state on the map, but over all colleges and the pro's look to the above states for top talent.

First Tennessee is no where up there. Second, Texas, California, Florida, and Georgia, Mississippi, Alabama are some of your top teams.

Tennessee cant even be THOUGHT OF in this conversation. Otherwise, schools such as UT would be drooling for some of this in state talent, but b/c it doesnt even compete with states like florida, south carolina, texas, and california Tennessee is always having to look in other places. Our state doesnt even factor into this discussion