Dobyns Bennett vs Farragut @DB

bud

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After playing both teams this year and realizing the skills that they both have, this will be a great matchup. Farragut started the year a little shaky but have turned it completely around in the late season and district tournament. Dobyns-Bennett, like always has won their region. Both of these teams are extrememly talented with great pitching and hitting. Although Dobyns-Bennett has the edge with hitting, I believe with Catapano on the mound for Farragut, they get shut down in this game. No offense to DB, but over the course of the past 2 or 3 years, they have choked in the big games against Region 2 teams. Should be a fantastic game but I think Farragut advances to the Spring Fling...again.

I agree with much of what vandycomms said. I think DB probably hits the ball a bit better than Farragut. The 2 big questions in this game are: Can Tyler Joyce keep Farragut bats silent? And, is Catapano able to keep the great DB bats to a minimum?

Should be a low scoring game and any errors probably will lose the game.

I agree with much of what vandycomms said. I think DB probably hits the ball a bit better than Farragut. The 2 big questions in this game are: Can Tyler Joyce keep Farragut bats silent? And, is Catapano able to keep the great DB bats to a minimum?

Should be a low scoring game and any errors probably will lose the game.

Farragut bats have been on fire lately. Their 1-5 guys are potent in the lineup and the rest of the lineup has been doing pretty well too. We (South Doyle) played DB in a scrimmage at the beginning of the year and I think you all pitched the Joyce kid and he was a very good pitcher. My only thing is is that if Catapano throws like he did against us the district tournament or against Halls in the region, Farragut is going to win. I honestly think it will all come down to how he pitches on Friday night. Should be a definite low scoring game.

Edited by vandycomms2006

I have never played D-B but what from I hear they are pretty good this year. Catapano is a good pitcher but I beleive as soon as you start getting hits against him that he will begin to shut down. We (Oak Ridge) has beat him the past 2 years and im sure not many people will look at OR as a good team. So i think if D-B keeps the bats going that Catapano wont even pitch the whole game.

I have never played D-B but what from I hear they are pretty good this year. Catapano is a good pitcher but I beleive as soon as you start getting hits against him that he will begin to shut down. We (Oak Ridge) has beat him the past 2 years and im sure not many people will look at OR as a good team. So i think if D-B keeps the bats going that Catapano wont even pitch the whole game.

What a match-up...Maybe the best hitting team in the area opposite the most dominant pitcher in the area. I give the edge to Caddie and the Admirals. It's a big game and Caddie always comes up big. Joyce will need to rely on his curve. Fastball isn't much. Farragut can handle Joyce. Admirals win 6-1.