Dobyns Bennett vs Farragut @DB

bud

Nothing really offensive aimed toward Dobyns-Bennett on this remark, but it seems as if all year they talked of how the WILL make it to state no doubt. Now they have been beaten by Farragut and no one there can as much as congratulate them on their victory in a hard fought game. I would definitely like to see some more class out of a team than that.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing really offensive aimed toward Dobyns-Bennett on this remark, but it seems as if all year they talked of how the WILL make it to state no doubt. Now they have been beaten by Farragut and no one there can as much as congratulate them on their victory in a hard fought game. I would definitely like to see some more class out of a team than that.

Tommy is a great coach and proves it time and time again that he is ay ahead of the rest of the pack. Catapano will have some future barring injury. Too bad the Vols couldnt convince him to stay put. Good luck Admirals lets see you do it again.

What a great job by Coach Pharr. What a great job by the Farragut kids to hang in there and get better through the course of the season.

What did the Admirals finish, third or fourth in the district in the regular season? And they were second in the district tournament? And second in the region?

Wow. The Admirals' ship is leaving some pretty good teams in its tournament wake.

Good post, Vandy.

In response to the farragut fans saying no DB fans have congratulated Farragut havent been on the computer in a while but hats off to both teams great game one of the best i have seen in a while it just looked as though farragut knew how to win while DB found the jinxs of old but hats off to farragut and Catapano threw a whale of a game

My goodness, a DB team that won 33 games and none of the DB fans can even congratulate their own team on a great season. Oh well, typical DB fans. Congratulations to Farragut and good luck in the State.

Barclay05 May 18 2006 - 10:20 PM Post #18

I have never played D-B but what from I hear they are pretty good this year. Catapano is a good pitcher but I beleive as soon as you start getting hits against him that he will begin to shut down. We (Oak Ridge) has beat him the past 2 years and im sure not many people will look at OR as a good team. So i think if D-B keeps the bats going that Catapano wont even pitch the whole game.

Im sure Rob might have been a little off on those games. In an elimination game Rob will bring his stuff or fight with what he has. He won't lay down when it counts.

EmisAllTheWay Today, 07:05 PM Post #42

In response to the farragut fans saying no DB fans have congratulated Farragut havent been on the computer in a while but hats off to both teams great game one of the best i have seen in a while it just looked as though farragut knew how to win while DB found the jinxs of old but hats off to farragut and Catapano threw a whale of a game

If you are referring to Vandycomms2006 comment, he is not from farragut.

Alright just read my signature and you'll realize that I obviously don't go to Farragut, but thank you underrated.

Edited by vandycomms2006

I'm not sure if you're picking for a fight or just naive. Either way, I'm sure the D-B faithful are aggravated and stinging a little bit right now. One thing that makes baseball great is how weird it can be (a game of inches.....right Yogi?) Farragut has beaten D-B in this tournament on several occasions when Farragut was clearly the better team. That was not the case this year. The pitcher that signed with UNC WAS clearly better, and he alone was the difference. Karns would struggle to be objectively ranked in the state's AAA top 20 and they beat Farragut. If it's Karns at D-B and Science Hill at Farragut....you've got D-B and Farragut both in the State Tournament...but Farragut can't advance like they could Friday with one pitcher. However, it's the "if if's and buts were candy and nuts" thing. Farragut did gag against Karns, D-B did beat Science Hill (again), but it actually backfired on them. One pitcher can win for you on one night, and though barely, that's what happened Friday.