Dickson Co. at LaVergne

Wrap-up on scrimmage....

Ended up 2-2 tie, no one realized it but us, but we played today like EVERY single game we played last year. If the offense doesn't do good on the first drive, the defense has NO tempo, what so ever...and vice versa...

I'm not saying the offense and defense HAS to go out on the first drive and dominate because stuff happens, we have to learn to overcome all of that...

Overall performance: C+

Dickson Co. is a good football team, much better than Franklin Co.

No turnovers on the offense, a lot of key mishaps on defense, I thought cooper would be back today but he advanced in state so congratulations to him...I'm almost sure that deep ball wouldn't have been there if it he was there...

Randall ran the ball OK...I've seen better, everyone has..his TD was nice

Gray had 9 catches(on tape) for i'd say approximately 120yds....no TD's :rolleyes::blink:

#4 was small, however gray couldn't really get no break away on him because mainly all of his catches were screen routes and cut backs...he ran ONE go route and had him beat by atleast 4 yards and the FS tipped it at the end...the only deep route he ran i think connected for 40 yards...Our WR's will be fine, we are just finding out who are the "practice" players and the "game" players....

Props to Dickson Co.! They did a great job! My prediction was WAY off!

Edited by HSsportsfootball

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wrap-up on scrimmage....

Ended up 2-2 tie, no one realized it but us, but we played today like EVERY single game we played last year. If the offense doesn't do good on the first drive, the defense has NO tempo, what so ever...and vice versa...

I'm not saying the offense and defense HAS to go out on the first drive and dominate because stuff happens, we have to learn to overcome all of that...

Overall performance: C+

Dickson Co. is a good football team, much better than Franklin Co.

No turnovers on the offense, a lot of key mishaps on defense, I thought cooper would be back today but he advanced in state so congratulations to him...I'm almost sure that deep ball wouldn't have been there if it he was there...

Randall ran the ball OK...I've seen better, everyone has..his TD was nice

Gray had 9 catches(on tape) for i'd say approximately 120yds....no TD's :rolleyes::blink:

#4 was small, however gray couldn't really get no break away on him because mainly all of his catches were screen routes and cut backs...he ran ONE go route and had him beat by atleast 4 yards and the FS tipped it at the end...the only deep route he ran i think connected for 40 yards...Our WR's will be fine, we are just finding out who are the "practice" players and the "game" players....

Props to Dickson Co.! They did a great job! My prediction was WAY off!

Good post. That's pretty much how I saw it. It seemed really slow at first but things picked up after the first couple series. I missed the Lavergne-RHS game last year so this is the first time I've seen the 'improved' LHS play.

DC played well but they turned the ball over and LHS didn't. LHS did put the ball on the ground quite a bit but DC couldn't get there. LHS is much more capable of recovering from a bad play than DC was. DC also seemed to have all of their key players going both ways. DC is a really big football team but weren't very fast.

They should have brought in some kind of officials...there was a lot of stuff that went on yesterday that won't work in the fall. Keeping it close to game conditions helps the players prepare mentally.

It was a lot lke the Smyrna-LC scrimmage. LHS definitely had the most talent. DC had the edge in execution. Overall, a good scrimmage that both teams should benefit from.

Pretty good evaluations guys.

It looks like DC should be much better than the 4-7 they got last year with a young team. Right DT is really good, (college prospect in my opinion) the wide-out #5 very good - similar to M. Hicks at LHS last year. 250 pound fullback always nice to have for short yardage situations. QB executed the offense good (looked kinda like the offense Hillsboro ran under coach A. a few years ago)

LHS may want to consider putting a few bigger guys on the d-line. If not, they will have to try to outscore everybody they play in a high scoring "arena football" type shootout. Games where the offense doesn't click could be a problem. Some of the backup RB's for LHS were much better than people were expecting.

Did Jarvis Hicks play? What number was he wearing?

Also Adams looks taller than Bryant now. Is that possible?

He looked about 6-6 or 6-7 and 300-something.

Gray made some outstanding catches.

arod threw a few passes just a split-second late which is why the db;s were just able to close in the nick of time (also give DC's db's credit for hustle)

Both teams should be pretty decent.

So basically the scrimmage went well...but not at the same time...i think we went in there just lookin to get it over with because it was the last day of spring practice and everyone (including myself) was pretty beat up...more injuries during spring this year than i've ever seen...DC came out ready to play and we came out just wanting to get it over with...we handled adversity well i think...the offensive line did fine, at least the right side did, dont know bout the left side...couple of bad snaps...DC ran alot of things we werent ready for and i know alot of us got confused...but i'll give em props they were some big ol boys

It looks like DC should be much better than the 4-7 they got last year with a young team. Right DT is really good, (college prospect in my opinion) the wide-out #5 very good - similar to M. Hicks at LHS last year. 250 pound fullback always nice to have for short yardage situations. QB executed the offense good (looked kinda like the offense Hillsboro ran under coach A. a few years ago)

LHS may want to consider putting a few bigger guys on the d-line. If not, they will have to try to outscore everybody they play in a high scoring "arena football" type shootout. Games where the offense doesn't click could be a problem. Some of the backup RB's for LHS were much better than people were expecting.

arod threw a few passes just a split-second late which is why the db;s were just able to close in the nick of time (also give DC's db's credit for hustle)

This was a better test for LHS, they did okay, I agree with HSsport C+ or B- is about right. I am still impressed with the RB's Tillery & Ramsey started off pretty good, Hicks is strong just needs to keep his feet because everyone is going to tackle low. WRs need to use hands more and stop trying to body catch but that can be worked out over summer. I like the fact that they were getting between 5 to 7 yards a carry, that is going to ease the pressure on the defense by controlling the game and running the clock. It will also help the passing game because the backers want be able to drop and help with the pass. Good Showing on both teams part. Boy I can't wait until August is here. Tillery # 1, Ramsey #21 and Hicks is # 32. I don't know who #45 is but he is big.

Edited by FootballDoc

This was a better test for LHS, they did okay, I agree with HSsport C+ or B- is about right. I am still impressed with the RB's Tillery & Ramsey started off pretty good, Hicks is strong just needs to keep his feet because everyone is going to tackle low. WRs need to use hands more and stop trying to body catch but that can be worked out over summer. I like the fact that they were getting between 5 to 7 yards a carry, that is going to ease the pressure on the defense by controlling the game and running the clock. It will also help the passing game because the backers want be able to drop and help with the pass. Good Showing on both teams part. Boy I can't wait until August is here. Tillery # 1, Ramsey #21 and Hicks is # 32. I don't know who #45 is but he is big.

#45 is Kardaryo Cheatam....my opinion, i think he should move to d-line, we need him there SO much more..

The D Line is very strong. LHS is not going for the fat mass with no speed, they are going with strength, speed, & smarts. The nose guard (benches 320 & gym rat) had a testicular infection since last week. In pain all week, especially when running. Went to doctor & is being medicated. Even with that, it took 2 & sometimes 3 DC linemen to block him. I have watched & reviewed the film 3 times with much pausing & replaying. Will review again tonight. There was one play called the 'Jesus block' (no sacreligious meaning intended), but the 2 guards grabbed the nose guards' arms & the center chock blocked him. As for the DT & DE, they are stopping the run. The entire 1st string scrimmage, there was 1 substantial run, it went for touchdown, it was sweep left. Good learning tool LHS. Only been practicing for 10 days, thought they did a great job & the defense will only get better. Watch out for #10...

i really have no idea..

do you realize, that was post #666 - scary - LOL -kidding

If #45 is similar fo D. Fisher who graduated, D-line and short yardage RB...

it would be a no-brainer for him to fill that role.

Can't somebody bring that up to a coach?

Sometimes you can't see the trees for being too close to the woods.